Page 92 of 684 FirstFirst ... 428289909192939495102142192592 ... LastLast

Yeah, the tweaker just throws the access denied card at me when I try to download fresh .exe files. So, no help on this matter?

Attempted moving the files and still the same problem. :c

Additional info: Attempted fixing permissions through the tweaker. Changed nothing, pso2updater.exe fails to download due to this error: ''ERROR - Access to the path is denied'' (Checking back here later on, and will attempt to find a way to fix this darn error)
    Last edited by Pingu887; Jul 20, 2013 at 08:00 AM.

This issue with running in high-contrast mode has been bothering me for a while now. If there's any way to keep the background black like it is when starting up, it'd be much appreciated. Similarly with the dropdowns.
    Spoiler!

Right. I remember reading about the launch issue both here and on bumped. Makes sense. Also glad to hear there will be a story version override option.

/off-topic reflection
    Spoiler!

As for the story patch version override, I take it by "available online" you mean the rar pack. In that case I guess it's fine to just use that option rather than having Tweaker unpack the rar itself every time to reset the patch status. So far the only option is for the latest pack, so I wasn't sure if the resolution was going to change to something finer than days. If that were the case figuring out which version we had of the Tweaker's files would have been a fair sight harder.

Aida, I'm sorry to bother, but do you perhaps have a way of obtaining the required .exe files? D: I just want to play the game, but I've fought with it for almost 4 days now x)

Edit: I managed to get hold of the exe files by re-installing through the installer to a different folder. Now I'll most likely see what happens next. I hope it'll work
    Last edited by Pingu887; Jul 20, 2013 at 02:12 PM.

At the moment, none, unless Tweaker exclusive updates were included as options.

At that point I just wasn't sure whether 7-17 referred strictly to the rar pack or the update the Tweaker downloaded not too long after the pack was released—i.e., just the most recent patch. If they were -both- released on the 17th, there would have been no way to differentiate them and determine whether the Tweaker was resolving at a major pack level or also at the Tweaker update level.

But, honestly I don't know if it was still the 17th when the new Tweaker patch files were released, since I didn't get around to updating my story patch right away. It's possible the Tweaker DL'd a patch released on the 18th or 19th and I just hadn't re-DLed the story patch yet. In fact, since my client indicates I added the job on the 19th, it's quite likely.

Edit: Re: unrar.exe:

At this point, wouldn't it save some headache to have Tweaker itself check if unrar is a valid size (or even checksum it, assuming its target isn't just a pointer to the most recent release)? It's a relatively minor issue for users to fix themselves, but from the pages I have skimmed over it seems to show up now and again. Technically I'm assuming it's a connection issue (timeout or some such), but the fact that Tweaker chokes on it might elevate it to minor bug status. I'm using "chokes" loosely—the program fails quite gracefully (doesn't crash, notifies on failure) and even streamlines the bug-reporting process.

The fastest and easiest fix is probably to update the first post with a "common problems: unrar.exe missing" type deal, but I don't know how many people read first posts when they're DLing the Tweaker. I know I personally haven't managed to bring myself to read all 23 pages of this thread yet.

Second easiest fix might be to have Tweaker itself show the user a message regarding the possibility that unrar.exe is missing or invalid. It avoids having to import a checksum library or check the file size. Not having used .NET, I'm not sure how roundabout the methods for performing either task actually are.
    Last edited by ph4zr; Jul 20, 2013 at 02:18 PM.

I have installed the latest version (7-17-2013) of the story patch, but the Tweaker keeps telling me there is a new version. I downloaded the patch via torrent, then installed it with the Tweaker.

Also, I got a "The remote name could not be resolved: 'psumods.co.uk'" error today, though I can access psumods.co.uk just fine with my browser: http://pastebin.com/ub5zyFvq

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post

What do you mean? You can click the Orb -> Troubleshooting -> Fix PSO2 EXEs?

That didn't work. On the 2nd one, the updater.exe, it said that access denied. But it doesn't matter. I re-installed the whole thing, and downloaded a fresh ''installer'' from sega site. Then I combined using the tweaker and the classic launcher, and voila, it works. Thank you for the help, though :3

Override it in the Options menu - Set it to 7/17/2013.
    No updates have been released for the new version, the files in the RAR are the same files available through the update.
    Hm, that's weird. Probably just a minor glitch on my end, then. I had it install the 7/17 rar, but every time I relaunched after that it kept telling me there was a story update and a main update. I -thought- I tried overriding it *and* re-installing it, but I can't really be sure. I'll see if I can reproduce it after I re-run the ARKS Tournament or hash my files. If I can't then PEBKAC? ^^;

EDIT: The versions are indeed identical! Mostly PEBKAC.
    Spoiler!

Override it in the Options menu - Set it to 7/17/2013.
    That's the thing though - I did this. And I haven't been able to get it to keep a 0kb file in the tests I ran - That's why I'd like them to absolutely confirm that was the problem, so I can be 100% sure the bug is/is not fixed.
    Haha. I don't even know why I would've thought that might be missing, considering the rest of the program. I'm assuming if you say "keep" a 0kb file, that includes a download verification step somewhere in between downloading and using unrar.exe.

Other unrar:
    Spoiler!

Wild mass guessing!
    Spoiler!