Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Advise

Ooph, good luck with that hunt.

A bit of advice: Look for and keep good ata devil's and demon's rifles or handguns (rifles preferred). With a demon's special you can 3 shot some of the harder enemies. That means grabbing every tekkable rifle you find and if it's devil's or demon's with any amount of hit, tekk repeatedly to get demon's & the best possible hit. It's worth the effort going for the +10%, but it might take a bit (It shouldn't really, with only 2 possible outcomes for the special, unlike most other specials which would have up to 3 outcomes and that could get troublesome).

This doesn't even need to be a good rifle, either, it could be a Beam for all you care. It'd have lower ATA than a Laser, but that 75% HP cut hits for TONS of damage on rough enemies.

edit: And yes, I wanted to re-emphasize hunting the S-Parts 2.01. Those are broken as hell, and add 15 ATA straight over your stats - raising you over the cap you could achieve with a mag and units. That shield actually gives you better ATA than a RAmar, making it the highest possible ATA in the game. In offline mode the hunt isn't TOO terrible, just keep going through Unsealed Door on normal with your RAmar (make sure it gets a proper ID for this) using gizonde and a shot. Gilchics die in one hit to nice AOE.

Redria is also a very useful ID, by the way, since it finds every utility unit in the game. I'm not sure about the overlap with the 3 you're interested in, though. My RAmar is a redria, and she's absolutely great for hunting.
    Last edited by gigawuts; May 10, 2013 at 08:51 AM.

Sounds good will do. On the stand still shield it says the drop rate is 1/2 on that rare lily thing. Is it not accurate on the drop rate or is the mob really rare to spawn?

Rare enemies have a 1/512 spawn rate, and an enemy's rare-ness will reset when you change areas (use a telepipe, go to another area such as temple 2 or temple 1, etc.). Because of this you can reset rare-ness by just telepiping back and forth in a room with lots of lilies, but this is rough on the hardware and I've heard of gamecubes dying because of players doing this a lot (and I do mean a lot). Better to just do exp runs than pipe repeatedly in temple, I'd say.

So you'll need to be careful around them. Also worth noting is rare lilies will have a range of megid strengths, and will vary from weaker than common lilies to stronger than common lilies. If it has a stronger megid it will actually upgrade the megid of every other lily in the room with it, so be sure to cap that dark resistance. I highly recommend grabbing an armor with 15-20 base EDK (lots of store-bought armors or frames can do this just fine), a shield of delsaber (or a couple other shields, but this is by far the easiest, coming from IIRC a delsaber's left arm), and 4 resist/devils. This should bring you to 100-105 EDK, making it impossible for you to die to megid. If you don't want this all equipped at all times, which I didn't either, then just keep two scapes on you when hunting in areas with lilies. It'll take up space, but it beats dying to a megid and turning the camera to see a rare lily (or hildetorr, which also spit fairly strong megid).

edit: I mean to carry 2 scapes in case you die while switching out your resist/dark gear if you spot a rare enemy. Keep the full set of dark resist stuff on you, but don't necessarily always use it, and then only swap it in when you're fighting something that necessitates it. I'd walk around with about 55-ish EDK full time myself, giving me 3 spare unit slots to do whatever else I want with. Also, if you can get a cure/freeze it makes crimson assassins ridiculously easy and is one of the best units you can get your hands on because it makes some situations so much less dangerous.
    Last edited by gigawuts; May 10, 2013 at 09:34 AM.

even with a 1/2 drop rate you could kill 20 Rare lillies and not get the shield to drop, thats the down side of Fraction based drop rates. ( Though depending on your luck you should get the shield afet 1-5 lillies )

Also OB Lily has Megid Level 15 or 20
    and Mil Lily has Megid Level 25 or 30 ( Since I use level 25 Megid I know its range, basicly it can hit you from across a long hall/across a room. The time between a Lillies Megid/poison spit is about 5 seconds ( both rare and normal lillies have same delay between attacks )

Mils can have up to legel 30 megid and down to level 10 megid, I believe. I've fought mils that spit itty bitty orbs, much smaller than anything the obs were spitting out.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Mils can have up to legel 30 megid and down to level 10 megid, I believe. I've fought mils that spit itty bitty orbs, much smaller than anything the obs were spitting out.
    All the ones ive fought had 25-30 Megid, the large orbs with purple smoke following them.

And I've never found a TJS, doesn't mean they don't drop.

Technically they DON'T drop (at least not through legit means lol) although you can create one from a Sealed J Sword with a counter

Just messing with ya btw, I know what you meant

Where did this come from? And I use a TJS though its not legit, a friend got one awhile ago and duped few and gave me one. The only way to get one is be a Skyly and farm the hell out of Gi Gue til one drops a SJS which you turn into TJS by 23000 kills like Violet said. 1/12804 drop rate on SJS I believe.

Yea the drops for sjs are right and the transformation to tjs is also right i am going to start a hunt around the beginning of june.
    Slayer of Falz