Thread: Challenge Mode.

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

Default Challenge Mode.

Any tips or tricks to this? I'm currently at Stage 5 in normal challenge, and a bit stuck there. The JP DLC challenge mode though is almost impossible though(I haven't cleared a single one).

I also have room for anyone who wants to help, within reason(obviously there is party size to think about...).

Practice practice practice. And have a bit of luck so you don't run in to boost monsters. For stage 5, not falling in to holes is important. You can go through the entire stage without falling in to a single one. The carts are best moved by diga or a charged grenade shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Practice practice practice. And have a bit of luck so you don't run in to boost monsters. For stage 5, not falling in to holes is important. You can go through the entire stage without falling in to a single one. The carts are best moved by diga or a charged grenade shot.
    The problem is getting killed by the boss enemies not time on Stage 5, for me anyways.

Don't use attacks that cause knock back, knock up, or stagger. That'll set the bears spinning and spining bears means lost time or, as you know, death. If you've got a ranger or force, using buster shoot or diga can keep the bears from moving around.

Don't use attacks that cause knock back, knock up, or stagger. That'll set the bears spinning and spining bears means lost time or, as you know, death. If you've got a ranger or force, using buster shoot or diga can keep the bears from moving around.
    Don't all attacks cause either stagger or knock back if they don't cause knock up? And what should I be using if I'm the vanguard?

All attacks don't cause the knock back effects that start bears spinning. I'm not sure what part of the PAs vanguard starts with in stage five cause knock back but if a Bil de Bear starts spinning after you've attacked it with a multi-part PA, stop on the attack before that. If you only have PAs with single parts, then wait till you have a decent combo before using it and try to cancel and dive away. You also should use your traps and the stationary gun for maximum effect. The stationary gun resets every 30 seconds.

All attacks don't cause the knock back effects that start bears spinning. I'm not sure what part of the PAs vanguard starts with in stage five cause knock back but if a Bil de Bear starts spinning after you've attacked it with a multi-part PA, stop on the attack before that. If you only have PAs with single parts, then wait till you have a decent combo before using it and try to cancel and dive away. You also should use your traps and the stationary gun for maximum effect. The stationary gun resets every 30 seconds.
    Thank you for the advice. I was literally just barely able to beat it with the help of someone who goes by "Dr.No". Onward to 6.

Edit 5/10: Beat both S6 & S7 last night. Big shout out to Skrora for helping me out with them.
    Last edited by Link1275; May 10, 2013 at 02:24 PM.