Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Seriously, having to 200 5 times in Infinity was fun the whole way there. >_>
    UNHAND ME THIS INSTANT! D<

PSO had eaten up their lives and don't want to get dragged back into it or were dissapointed by PSU. Or turned off by PSU because of PC/PS2 servers shutting down.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    it really is sad that infinity had a worse grind yet is better
    longer grind ≠ worse grind

Because it's not Call of Duty.

Entity of the ORN Empire
    The Sword of Judgement Cora Solais

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    it really is sad that infinity had a worse grind yet is better
    Well infinity was not made by Sega.

The only response I got was "Waiting for (The rumored) English Version." I try convincing them after telling them it's delayed quite a bit and will likely have far less content. Some friends did change their minds and joined me, but eh.
    Ship 02

The first friend I tried to get into the game said that he didn't want to get into another MMO before FF14: ARR, which is understandable.

Another friend almost made it to level 20, then stopped playing because he says I ruined the game for him because I killed everything(was playing on a level 14 force.

Another friend just hasn't played since hitting 20 because he just hasn't had motivation to play the game.

When I explained to my friends that I wanted them to sign up to a game that's been released only in Japan, which involved signing up for a Sega ID in Japanese and downloading an English patch and learning a little basic Japanese language, they called for the men with the white strait-jackets. "Why not wait for the NA release?" They sat me down, and gently explained, "Seizure Bot, you have a problem. You're addicted. To Phantasy Star. Let us help you."

The other half balked since the entire process to get into PSO is admittedly sketchy. I mean, maybe it's just me but when I signed on during Beta, I recall having to be a little disingenuous in providing details to Sega, and client patches are against the ToS, if I recall. I know, I know that no one has been banned using the English patch, but the thought (to them) that the ban hammer could descend on their work ingame still scared them off.

AKA SilverCross/Pikachu Quatre52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seizure Bot View Post
    When I explained to my friends that I wanted them to sign up to a game that's been released only in Japan, which involved signing up for a Sega ID in Japanese and downloading an English patch and learning a little basic Japanese language, they called for the men with the white strait-jackets. "Why not wait for the NA release?" They sat me down, and gently explained, "Seizure Bot, you have a problem. You're addicted. To Phantasy Star. Let us help you."

The other half balked since the entire process to get into PSO is admittedly sketchy. I mean, maybe it's just me but when I signed on during Beta, I recall having to be a little disingenuous in providing details to Sega, and client patches are against the ToS, if I recall. I know, I know that no one has been banned using the English patch, but the thought (to them) that the ban hammer could descend on their work ingame still scared them off.
    Pretty sure you dont need to learn any japanese to actually play the game.

To quote one of my friends: "You and your japanese bullshit again". Lack of PvP was also a popular reason.

To be honest, I don't blame them one bit for either of those.