Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Realistically, if they haven't decided to add Western PSO2 to the JP servers, then they are being stupid. The game is going to fail over here, it's off to a bad start with a DELAYED RELEASE before it even had a release DATE. So my speculation is that they are trying to get on bored and combine the servers, or they are being usual SEGAC and taking their time to make another failure game. A few people will play on the USA servers, and then they'll slowly migrate to JP when it's 6+ months behind.
    PSO:BB - Shelburz - 3x EXP server GM

tbh i think it just got canned.

Credit to MissMalice for the sig.
    Hunter: 65 Fighter: 65
    Retired Classes: Ranger: 40 Gunner: 40
    Force: 40 Techer: 40
    0 on everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyly HUmar View Post
    tbh i think it just got canned.
    I'm honestly starting to wonder about this myself. The crossovers they're doing won't be such big selling points here, which means more effort on top of the release. The release itself is probably already perceived as being on flimsy ground, too. Especially after PSU, and recent Sega games flopping after release. They may see the money required to release it here as worth a better return when invested in something else (Which is the usual reason projects of any level of completion get canceled - not that they can't do it, but that something else will make more money, which would mean doing the project costs then profits).

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

One of three things, I hope:

1. They're going through and recording English dialogue for the whole game - really "doing it right" with the localization work this time. I know, I highly doubt it too, but one can only hope.

2. They're leaving the audio intact, working on translating the text, and maybe they have to work out a few issues, both software and "real-world" related - like, would the voiceactors from the Japanese version get paid more money for the non-Japanese version of the game being brought out?

3. They're busy stripping out all voiced features, translating the game with one unpaid intern without a proper knowledge of either Japanese or English, and is using both a Japanese-to-"whatever his language is" dictionary and a "whatever his language is"-to-English dictionary, to accurately simulate that "completely free-to-play MMO" style, complete with broken English that makes no sense and untranslated characters that appear as symbols that don't resemble any known human languages.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

At the end of the day, I just really hope it's on steam. Not because I want hats, but I feel it would be the best way for a wide audience to get exposure for the game.

Edit: A serious answer would be that it would be that I wouldn't be surprised it's taking this long. Considering the amount of VA and text, changing the F2P model, setting up local servers, and setting up deals with distribution sites... I'm not too surprised. I feel the localization team is only about 10-15 people perhaps even less.
    Last edited by SuperChoco; May 13, 2013 at 03:52 PM.

I said it in another thread already but I don't think it's reasonable to assume they canned the project at this point. If you said that 2 months ago, that I can understand, but now?

The reason why is because that whole pointless useless announcement of "it has been delayed" (duh, we already knew this since ITD BE OUT BY NOW IF IT WASNT) automatically implies that it is still being worked on, otherwise, they'd announce "it has been cancelled"... If they were too scared to announce such a "bombshell", they would have said nothing at all, not "it has been delayed".. because just leading people to believe it's still being worked on only to find out later it was cancelled all along would make them MUCH more upset.

The only possibility that it's been cancelled is if they decided on that sometime between now and the useless delay announcement.

AKA SilverCross/Pikachu Quatre52's Avatar

Just about every PSO game has been delayed....also, calling PSU a failure as an excuse to for PSO2 to not come out here is crazy, PSU did great while lasted for years, even more success that it kept making money after not giving us updates for months/years.

It didn't have nearly the players it could have if it was run competently - I don't even mean just having more content, either - and everyone knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    It didn't have nearly the players it could have if it was run competently - I don't even mean just having more content, either - and everyone knows it.
    Thank you.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

360 only become financially successful because canceling your PSU subscription was a pain in the ass so most who quit didn't bother cancelling since it wasn't worth the hassle.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.