Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2633343536373839 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Yeah, they told everyone exactly how Extreme Quests were going to be, right?

That they'll be piss easy joke challenges that you complete in under 5 minutes and any of the rewards are not worth running daily for months straight.

That's what they announced.
    This is exactly what I meant by my post. Yes I know they're obviously communicating with JP players, but in what fashion and how closely is in question. There is also the concern that the casual player is probably of more importance to them then the hardcore ones. If the vocal majority is giving bad advice(Because most players don't really know what they want) then they can only go wrong.

They could also be refusing good advice because it conflicts with the direction of the game in the future, a direction we are very much in the dark about. Or maybe it simply doesn't line up with their current ways of making money, or they're afraid to make changes because of prior backlash.

When they finally announce info only a few weeks before the content comes out its incredibly vague. I remember people confusing the new team room for some sort of EXTREME PLATFORMING SEGMENT, but instead we had 0 chance to offer criticism. We literally just had to live with what they gave us, and that is exactly what a lack of communication is. We ended up with once a day 5 minute quests with poor rewards that aren't even better then attribute grinded spellstone weapons.

Intelligent criticism needs to be met with open-minded discussion and change in order for playerbase communication to thrive. Unfortunately, this is not the forte of very many JP devs.
    Last edited by BlankM; May 23, 2013 at 01:59 AM.
    Ship 2
    Player ID: BlankM
    Character: Mauseletta
    Youtube Channel(Currently lacking PSO2 content)

I think the main reason they aren't fixing PSO2 is because they'd probably have to revamp a significant portion of the game's core, and that'd be too costly and take too much time. Everything they've added feels plugged into the existing framework. It took them forever to add a few simple GUI features.

The other reason is probably that they really want to keep the "PSO/PSU" feel, and they want to avoid deviating from that.

I don't think they need to change the core. They just need polish the already existing stuff and expand them.

I don't think the game needs core changes either. They're already doing changes in balance, just not very interesting ones.

Just taking a page from PSO here but how about balance that isn't just number-crunching? Like how certain class/race combinations had faster casting or increased range. Or more interesting weapon potentials/variety unlocked without the need to grind. Or even things like Last Swan having increased range, just plain make weapons different instead of just reskins!

Give us quest rewards that are decent so we aren't just grinding AQs or TA's all day, give us quests that aren't formulaic and offer replay value, give us tailored maps that aren't just once a day or once every EQ, give us more ways to play with friends that don't involve syncing up CO's, paying for each others capsules, or once a day locked progress clears. Give us something to do and people will stop lobby-ratting or complaining about how the game is so luck-based, because even if you didn't fix any of the luck-based aspects of the game, right now its the ONLY thing that exists. There is almost nothing else to do after your daily chores are done, and I am literally calling them chores!

If there was actually something to do with the gear, and stuff to run(Not COs to grind), and goals to meet that didn't involve merchanting or RNG drops then people could y'know, play the game and not care about aspects that come naturally with artificially extended gameplay.
    Ship 2
    Player ID: BlankM
    Character: Mauseletta
    Youtube Channel(Currently lacking PSO2 content)

The core is fine, they just need to focus less on costumes and more on content. Content includes class balancing (nerfs and buffs as necessary,) new zones, new monsters (not just re-skins,) etc. You know, shit that makes a gamer want to come back and play. Not just costumes. Maybe more competitive things to do outside of Time Attack too. Like PvP, but that's pretty far down on the list of priorities right now.

If it can get to the point where new costumes and content are released at the same time, every time, we'd be getting somewhere. Even if it means less frequent updates, if they could do both at the same time, we'd still get more content than we do currently, and less costumes than we have been getting.

Better game = more people = more potential buyers = more money.

But that's just a dream at this point and it'll stay that way unless the community learns to stop throwing money away.
    Last edited by Porkmaster; May 23, 2013 at 03:26 AM.

The only thing that bothers me about the "core" is the random generated free field format. It just doesn't work in PSO like it does in monster hunter because of kept fundamentals(boss at the end) from the PSO franchise, which clash greatly with the free field format.

You are not hunting for a specific monster within the free field map, but instead have a boss area at the end. So people just run around and let "chance" make or break their experience. It results in one hell of a mindless experience until someone is like "alright enough, let's go to the boss area". It is such a weird design.

Everything else like the passive AI and aggro system which makes the enemy only target the one that deals most damage, is indeed something that could be easily fixed. Same for balance etc etc.

People who are used to PSO1, where literally you had a full party within minutes, find it so strange that no one does in PSO2. And they cant put their finger on to why that is the case. It is many reasons. The game's structure of CO and missions really encourages selfish play a lot. Everyone has like their own objective which makes people clash and prefer playing solo. I think what I like most about monster hunter is that being with a party isnt an option, but a necessity for as long you arent overpowered. You can always go back later and solo, but the difficulty, similarly to PSO1, encourages teamplay in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Agitated_AT View Post
    The only thing that bothers me about the "core" is the random generated free field format. It just doesn't work in PSO like it does in monster hunter because of kept fundamentals(boss at the end) from the PSO franchise, which clash greatly with the free field format.

You are not hunting for a specific monster within the free field map, but instead have a boss area at the end. So people just run around and let "chance" make or break their experience. It results in one hell of a mindless experience until someone is like "alright enough, let's go to the boss area". It is such a weird design.

Everything else like the passive AI and aggro system which makes the enemy only target the one that deals most damage, is indeed something that could be easily fixed. Same for balance etc etc.

People who are used to PSO1, where literally you had a full party within minutes, find it so strange that no one does in PSO2. And they cant put their finger on to why that is the case. It is many reasons. The game's structure of CO and missions really encourages selfish play a lot. Everyone has like their own objective which makes people clash and prefer playing solo. I think what I like most about monster hunter is that being with a party isnt an option, but a necessity for as long you arent overpowered. You can always go back later and solo, but the difficulty, similarly to PSO1, encourages teamplay in itself.
    Huh. Not much to say besides "I agree." I'm glad there are a few people still around who want the game to succeed and don't just settle for new clothes. Not enough to make a difference, but I'm glad I'm not alone. lol

I like new clothes just as much as the next guy. But with how things are, i'd rather have them focus more on fixing the gameplay

The game is fine for me. Especially considering its kept me entertained for a greater portion of a year now.

The game isn't even a year old yet, I don't think I've heard of any mmo that had a robust leveling, grinding and equipment system and not to mention a proper endgame within its first year (or even two, the number of games that had these, you could probably count on one hand) Give it more time seriously, you can always take a break and come back later, the game won't have changed or disappeared.

People need to realize that this game was made from SCRATCH and you are playing it in its HOME country. They have a specific budget and they cannot go over it, and their only way of making money is producing accessories and costumes, which don't really harm the game one bit, except give them more potential money to spend on more content further down the line. It seems to me people are spoiled with western releases of games, which usually comes out months or even YEARS after it came out in its home country, and Thus have several years worth of content to satiate your desires.
    Last edited by LordShade; May 23, 2013 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Porkmaster View Post
    Let's take League of Legends for example. It's the most popular game in the world because they focus on gameplay/balancing first and then aesthetic things like skins afterwards. Why? Because the community speaks up about things they don't enjoy.
    It's not that. It's because Riot actually listens to what the community has to say, which is not a common thing for devs to do.

SEGA only really listens if they like what they're hearing.