Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2734353637383940 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gardios View Post
    It's because Riot actually listens to what the community has to say, which is not a common thing for devs to do.
    Because the community didn't give them a choice. They demanded and eventually, Riot gave. Once that happened, the game's popularity skyrocketed and now listening to the community is a normal part of future development. Riot used to be a very small group of stuck-up douchebags who were like "we can do what these guys do, and better." They never thought the game would get as popular as it did, they said so themselves. That only became possible because of the community.

PSO2's community can do the same thing, they just don't. They're okay with the way things are, which is saddening.

The only real problems I see with the game are obviously overpowered talent branches (like only fire getting a charge reduction while ice is impractical something is wrong when mobs are weak to ice but we prefer gigrantz, safoie, and samegid through it) and too much RNG for dungeons. If I need to kill 20 katergot but only el aida and breehada show up it gets tedious and I'm like, "I'll just kill the ant lion darker now and come back again" or do amadeusca timed attack to get the mobs guaranteed... only to fight my way through shield monsters... then shield monsters with Vol Dragon -_-

Oh, a third thing, Vol Dragon. Maybe I don't have the right strategy but it is impossible to do the exploration in under 20 minutes in hard mode with a force it moves too much and its wings get in the way. Maybe I should aim for the tail all the time not just full armored when he's stunned longest?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    I am actually not surprised about this at all (in fact, this was pointed out a loooong time ago), though what I am surprised about is that SEGA doesn't seem to be doing anything to really respond to these complaints considering how numerous and loud they are. I have a sneaking suspicion they're banking on Episode 2 to fix most of these concerns (aside from the business model-related ones, seeing as how it's obviously working for them so far).

I'm still miffed that Gunner is in as poor a state as it is now, plus everything Fighter that isn't Deadly Archer just feels horribly sub-par. There has to be plenty of players complaining about that shit, just like there was for the weakness of Hunter and the OP-ness of Zonde, right? But SEGA just doesn't seem to care, or their priorities lie elsewhere... I wish I could get a window into their internal development processes, because the whole thing just doesn't sit right with me.
    Since there's no PvP why does it matter if a class is OP?

Quote Originally Posted by gravityvx View Post
    I lol'd at the fact those reviews won't stop sega from focusing on silly dress up over making a fun balanced game. Everything dies too fast, better make more outfits. Dudu is bullshit, better make more outfits guyz. Rare drop rate is bullshit, better make ugly welfare rares to pretend we care and can go back to focusing on making more outfits! Where's the challenging content, let's promote this tower as challenging. *proceeds to clear 5 floors in 10min* Look! More outfits everyone! ಠ_ಠ

Not sure if sega is circle jerking everyone or just plain procrastinating on what they know they should be doing.
    Rare drop rate was buffed I have two sets of rappy guns. Even then it is mostly girl outfits I need more men outfits. Also, needs some male cast NPCs! Barbara at least sounds and somewhat looks like a robot and freezes mobs so is actually useful. Lisa is good but too human but doesn't always weak bullet and when she does it hits the wrong spot.

This is off-topic, but if you click the "multi" button instead of quote, you won't have to separate your replies to each person...

Regarding Vol, throwing Zonde or Grants at it's tail shouldn't give you any trouble with the Wondas. I find it more effective to go for the tail the moment the fight starts, rather than waiting until it dives for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by AgemFrostMage View Post
    Rare drop rate was buffed I have two sets of rappy guns. Even then it is mostly girl outfits I need more men outfits. Also, needs some male cast NPCs! Barbara at least sounds and somewhat looks like a robot and freezes mobs so is actually useful. Lisa is good but too human but doesn't always weak bullet and when she does it hits the wrong spot.
    how can you say that the rare drop rate was buffed basing on a really common rare drop?
    rare rappies drops always had a high drop rate

also, a real problem with feedback is that some people don't really give a shit about anything and even if you threw them a bone they'd be happy
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by Agitated_AT View Post
    The only thing that bothers me about the "core" is the random generated free field format. It just doesn't work in PSO like it does in monster hunter because of kept fundamentals(boss at the end) from the PSO franchise, which clash greatly with the free field format.

You are not hunting for a specific monster within the free field map, but instead have a boss area at the end. So people just run around and let "chance" make or break their experience. It results in one hell of a mindless experience until someone is like "alright enough, let's go to the boss area". It is such a weird design.

Everything else like the passive AI and aggro system which makes the enemy only target the one that deals most damage, is indeed something that could be easily fixed. Same for balance etc etc.

People who are used to PSO1, where literally you had a full party within minutes, find it so strange that no one does in PSO2. And they cant put their finger on to why that is the case. It is many reasons. The game's structure of CO and missions really encourages selfish play a lot. Everyone has like their own objective which makes people clash and prefer playing solo. I think what I like most about monster hunter is that being with a party isnt an option, but a necessity for as long you arent overpowered. You can always go back later and solo, but the difficulty, similarly to PSO1, encourages teamplay in itself.
    I disagree, I believe PSO2 encourages playing with others so much its ridiculous. The reason you can't find people to party with instantly is because there are very few things worth doing that people know about. These being 12-man MPAs(Common if you know where to look), TAs(Some B20 people pretty much log in to do these then stay in the lobby all day) or AQs. There are no good drops, exp or meseta to be found in anything else. Monster spawns for solo players are low, and you also get less exp. Playing solo is just plain inferior in every way, even if you ARE just grinding CO's. The game needs help in that area, monster spawns shouldn't be so low for a single player.

Now most english players don't AQ that often unless its with their teammates. Japanese players lock their rooms with kanji/jp passwords so the average english player will not interact with them. So they go back to doing TACO's. It's not hard to find a party in PSO2 at a given time, its just that most people breeze through the game so fast with the right methods that the average quest does nothing for them. So if you aren't looking for 1) MPA, 2) AQ(Which is just Free Field that you pay for) or 3) TA's then yes it is hard to find a party. And if you want to AQ you'll either have to join an active team or learn some basic jp interaction.
    Ship 2
    Player ID: BlankM
    Character: Mauseletta
    Youtube Channel(Currently lacking PSO2 content)

Quote Originally Posted by Porkmaster View Post
    Now let's go back to PSO2... The community for this game seems confused. They claim to not enjoy there being so many costumes at the expense of gameplay, yet they continue to spend real money on them constantly as they are released. If the community doesn't know what they want, how should SEGA? It's not SEGA's fault, all they're doing is cashing in on the stupidity of their community.
    I haven't read the last couple pages so I don't know if it's been stated, but seriously: A community consists of more than one person. People have different views.

One guy will fucking love dressup dolls. Another guy won't give a fuck. Even just this small community of JP PSO2 players on PSOW is incredibly fragmented with its viewpoints, with people thinking the costumes are fantastic and others wanting strictly weapons and thinking costumes are a complete waste of money since they don't improve stats at all.

You don't get to just say "the community" and then make a statement like that. That's not how things work. It's the same as politicians blurting out anything involving the term "american people." It's complete bullshit. You could have literally two people, in the entire country, that want something, and I could justifiably state "american people want..." We have neo nazis? "American people wish Hitler was never killed!" We have holocaust deniers? "American people sincerely doubt the holocaust actually happened." Stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    how can you say that the rare drop rate was buffed basing on a really common rare drop?
    rare rappies drops always had a high drop rate

also, a real problem with feedback is that some people don't really give a shit about anything and even if you threw them a bone they'd be happy
    Not to mention people with 2000+ hours of playtime that claim the game sucks.

While feedback is what it is, I'd still be curious to see the results of that thing we have to fill in from time to time that I seem to have forgotten the name of.

Quote Originally Posted by BlankM View Post
    I disagree, I believe PSO2 encourages playing with others so much its ridiculous. The reason you can't find people to party with instantly is because there are very few things worth doing that people know about. These being 12-man MPAs(Common if you know where to look), TAs(Some B20 people pretty much log in to do these then stay in the lobby all day) or AQs. There are no good drops, exp or meseta to be found in anything else. Monster spawns for solo players are low, and you also get less exp. Playing solo is just plain inferior in every way, even if you ARE just grinding CO's. The game needs help in that area, monster spawns shouldn't be so low for a single player.

Now most english players don't AQ that often unless its with their teammates. Japanese players lock their rooms with kanji/jp passwords so the average english player will not interact with them. So they go back to doing TACO's. It's not hard to find a party in PSO2 at a given time, its just that most people breeze through the game so fast with the right methods that the average quest does nothing for them. So if you aren't looking for 1) MPA, 2) AQ(Which is just Free Field that you pay for) or 3) TA's then yes it is hard to find a party. And if you want to AQ you'll either have to join an active team or learn some basic jp interaction.
    You disagree because it isnt the case for you, or because it isnt for everyone? Believe me I dont have issues finding party as someone that's quite social. But not everyone is. You shouldn't have to be is what i'm saying. The game should bring you together itself without requiring any effort to do so.

Aside from that, you're calling one of the encouragements more enemies, more exp, more loot. But does that result in more fun gameplay? No because with more people the game becomes piss easy. That's why I raised both points together(difficulty and partyfinding) to be adressed in that post.

Later content in the game like AQ and whatever arent available untill late in the game. You tell the person that found the game coincidentally, trying it out, only finding no one to party with. Or the guy that loved PSO1 and gets attracted by the name, finding it strange that nobody joins his party. I use the "find all party" option quite often to join random parties, and the reactions i get is very expected. They'll say things like, "Oh wow someone joined"

You're looking at it way too much from your own perspective. Like I said, "I" don't have issues finding parties. Many others do.
    Last edited by Agitated_AT; May 23, 2013 at 08:10 AM.