Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2936373839404142 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Porkmaster View Post
    No shit. I'm not saying everyone has the same view, but the majority obviously agree that lack of gameplay due to focus on costumes is an issue.
    Considering we have two screenshot threads that never leave page 1... I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Anyway, don't be naive. Boycotting rarely works in our very real world, and we aren't even this game's main source of income as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    List me the people frequently paying for AC scratch with their own money that frequently complain about the abhorrent lack of content and say there are too many costumes.

(That's what [citation needed] means, BTW, it means you've made a statement without any proof and should really show some proof)
    The proof is right in front of you every time you log on to play PSO2, open your fucking eyes.

I didn't think so.

I think you guys give sega too much credit. Yes they are incentivised to do less but they have always been subpar. Just being F2P covers them more.

There is no grand scheme. Never ascribe to malice which can easily be explained by stupidity.

Yeah, uh, using the standard F2P model where you cherry pick what you do, release bad content so you look good when you improve it as a delay tactic, and generally holding decent content hostage is not in any way shape or form a grand scheme. It's not difficult to implement. It's common practice and good business. It makes for a bad game, but it's still good business.

You don't need to be a genius to deceive people into doing what you want. At all. Unless you think people rise to the top of companies with their heads so far up their ass they come out their own mouths, you're the one misjudging things.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    You don't need to be a genius to deceive people into doing what you want.
    True, but you'd have to be pretty stupid to be deceived in the first place. All SEGA is doing is cashing in on that very same stupidity.

All I am saying is don't ascribe genius to a company of idiots where their fanbase is even more stupid.

Then what you're saying has nothing to do with what you're replying to. Nothing about that requires any degree of genius. Genius would be if they made a good game AND did good business tactics to squeeze their players dry. If anything, what I've said they're doing is evidence that they're NOT geniuses.

So stop acting like fundamentals are some kind of conspiracy or enormous scheme. They're not. They're as basic as cutting 1 cent off of a product so people see a lower first digit. A thousand dollars? That's ridiculous! Oh, but nine hundred ninety nine dollars and ninety nine cents? I can afford nine hundred dollars!

The trick is not to take Sega seriously.
    The way some people have carried on it's like Sega got away with something.