Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32394041424344 LastLast

It'd be pretty hilarious if their reaction to people not buying costumes was "Shit, we weren't moe enough this month. Someone get PR over here immediately!"
    Ship 2
    Player ID: BlankM
    Character: Mauseletta
    Youtube Channel(Currently lacking PSO2 content)

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Their reaction would be "Fuck, no one is buying AC, kill the game"
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    Their reaction would be "Fuck, no one is buying AC, kill the game"
    This x100000

I really don't believe Sega actually understands why PS ever sold to its long term core players to begin with, and if they lost them they wouldn't even bat an eye.

It's like...PS is the opposite of Pokemon. Pokemon knew what its core players loved, so it stuck with it. And never changed - which winds up being a major fault of the series. But PS didn't know what its core players loved, so it kept throwing more and more flashy stylish shit on it and all the core players that stuck around don't like the stylish flashy shit since they wanted an actual game.

Considering their recent losses they could just discontinue the franchise. Go back to making more football manager games and pachinko machines!
    Ship 2
    Player ID: BlankM
    Character: Mauseletta
    Youtube Channel(Currently lacking PSO2 content)

Quote Originally Posted by Porkmaster View Post
    The proof is right in front of you every time you log on to play PSO2, open your fucking eyes.
    Yes, every single person who is wearing a costume bought it with their own real money while at the same time loudly complaining about how much the game sucks as a direct result of the focus on costumes over content.

There isn't a large portion of the community that is satisfied with the current state of the game and enjoy buying costumes. There isn't a large portion of the community dissatisfied with the game and have not spent any money on scratches (but might have on other AC items). They all overlap nearly entirely to become massive hypocrites.

That's what you are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Agitated_AT View Post
    You disagree because it isnt the case for you, or because it isnt for everyone?
    You're misunderstanding. You can instantly fill up several 12 player rooms very easily. But only for 10% of the quests. The rest are completely empty unless you can convince someone to start it with you.

There's no incentive for joining random parties. There are, however, decentives for soloing random quests in the form of less EXP and drops.

Once you've gone once-through all the quests to unlock the latest area, there's close to zero reasons to do them again. There are clear "best" areas to grind in, which is where everyone parties up to get all the bonuses for large groups and nowhere else.

So finding a party can be impossible or automatic. No middle ground.

Disliking something and still paying makes you seem more like a slave of your desires rather than a principled person that values his integrity. Companies always listen to money first, opinions second. As a wise man(Cliff blezinski) once said, you vote with your wallet.

I dont care if the game dies because it wasnt supported for its potential, when all signs show that they arent even planning to unlock it, than the only way I can think of for them to finally remove the earplugs is make them "FEEL" something is wrong. Id rather take that risk than feel like a tool

Obviously thats not gonna happen since im part of a great minority. I'm just expressing my thoughts on the whole "don't support at all and game dies" arguement. If you think its good enough or actually like the game, you shouldn't feel like this is aimed towards you. I respect the people that actually enjoy the game and pay alot more than those who dont like a lot of aspects, and still pay.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    You're misunderstanding. You can instantly fill up several 12 player rooms very easily. But only for 10% of the quests. The rest are completely empty unless you can convince someone to start it with you.

There's no incentive for joining random parties. There are, however, decentives for soloing random quests in the form of less EXP and drops.

Once you've gone once-through all the quests to unlock the latest area, there's close to zero reasons to do them again. There are clear "best" areas to grind in, which is where everyone parties up to get all the bonuses for large groups and nowhere else.

So finding a party can be impossible or automatic. No middle ground.
    Yes, I was speaking generally. You raise another point which is the unbalanced rewarding. Which has to do with challenge vs reward as well. But meh
    Last edited by Agitated_AT; May 23, 2013 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Yes, every single person who is wearing a costume bought it with their own real money while at the same time loudly complaining about how much the game sucks as a direct result of the focus on costumes over content.

There isn't a large portion of the community that is satisfied with the current state of the game and enjoy buying costumes. There isn't a large portion of the community dissatisfied with the game and have not spent any money on scratches (but might have on other AC items). They all overlap nearly entirely to become massive hypocrites.

That's what you are saying.
    Man, really hit the nail on the head with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by AgemFrostMage View Post
    Yes, RNG can be bad, but we aren't owed rares by the system and getting them should be exciting, not, "Oh crap this same gunslash again?"
    I really don't think you're far enough in the game to comment on this. The rates are horrendously bad. It's the difference between PSO v1 and GC rates; it's inexcusable and if it weren't for pyroxene weapons, I wouldn't be playing this game. 2 months of dedicated rare hunting for the same item and no reward is not ok.

Some of you folks really seem to be jumping to conclusions here.

Me, I'm going to wait and see if Episode 2 is underwhelming before completely throwing SEGA under the bus like you guys are.

(I won't defend their shitty balance support, though)

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

I'm waiting for Episode 2 before I formulate any real opinion on the matter.