Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3441424344

Of course I'll give them money if the game comes here! I need the extra talent trees and inventory space that premium will provide. Oh, and trading privileges.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalDude View Post
    I really don't think you're far enough in the game to comment on this. The rates are horrendously bad. It's the difference between PSO v1 and GC rates; it's inexcusable and if it weren't for pyroxene weapons, I wouldn't be playing this game. 2 months of dedicated rare hunting for the same item and no reward is not ok.
    So endgame rare drops are much worse than while leveling? I'm at level 40 at the most so I'm not near endgame yet. Searching for very rare things is part of the fun of these games. In the Rich King's Wrath there was a dragon everyone wanted, but only a few can have.

But I agree with the two month thing, if it is that long you should already have it long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    So the complaints are only justified if Ep2 is as bad as Ep1?
    Yeah.

PSO1 v1 was pretty much PSO2 sans monster hunter/generic action RPG mechanics. Just with more quest content, which granted is notable.

PSU v1 was pretty much the same, but with shoddy PA's. With narubos.

While Sega should have learned how to skip the step where their game is fucking awful, lacking in content, and rares are far too difficult to acquire for the minimal gains they offer while simultaneously costing an arm and a leg (or several hundred of each, if we're speaking in terms of cast parts) to grind up, they unsurprisingly have not. But, for both PSO1 and PSU the second installation/expansion brought in a good deal of major fixes, with only tiny hotfixes before that (if any at all).

So if ep 2 is just more of the same you're looking at waiting until ep 3, which...by then the damage will be done to the community and playerbase as it exists today. Yes, in being a F2P game there will still be more coming in, sure, but it will take so long that for most of us will have moved on and become heavily invested in other, better games.

edit: Also, I sincerely doubt I'd like PSO1 as much if I'd come into it with v1. Since I only got into it after all the refinements I really liked what I actually played. What's unfortunate is they can't look back and see all the mistakes they made in previous titles, and just skip that whole step by putting in similarly refined mechanics. Players dislike this? Let's not do it, then. Or, alternatively, let's do the exact same thing again, maybe they'll like it now.
    Last edited by gigawuts; May 24, 2013 at 08:37 AM.

PSOv1 had some dumbass rare drop rates. Luckily I had gameshark so fuck their rare rates :P

Now Version 2 was not so bad due to the new content but it still had a dumbass rare drop rate. (Much better than pso2 but that is no compliment)

PSU as I seen it was a mess until psp came out and psp2 was quite the refinement over psp and PSU. I think if they are making version 2 bring in the PSP2 team not the same fucks they have now. Another issue is Sega is grabbing some MMO like features that don't quite work well with them or the game.

Quote Originally Posted by AgemFrostMage View Post
    So endgame rare drops are much worse than while leveling? I'm at level 40 at the most so I'm not near endgame yet. Searching for very rare things is part of the fun of these games. In the Rich King's Wrath there was a dragon everyone wanted, but only a few can have.

But I agree with the two month thing, if it is that long you should already have it long ago.
    It's because there's hardly any tier system to really reasonably assign rares proper rates. Right now, I'd consider Noise Blower (a 10* Double Saber that was added way back along with Very Hard mode) a fairly reasonable drop at least with the note that it's a pyroxene base for its upgradeable variant. Hell, most old 10*s have generally ok rates, but that's pretty much the problem: good luck finding almost any of the new 10*s. I've been at AQs since their release and have not found a single one.

Psycho Wand being super rare because it's a 12* Rod? Yeah, that's fine. There's a number of qualms with it being a drop off a boss with a random appearance, but its rate is something to be expected I suppose.

Really, my problems are that boss drop rates (including rare bosses) and rare enemy drop rates are hideously awful (or should I say identical to regular enemy drop rates). Forget finding anything of significance off them. In PSO GC, both were quite reasonable (Mil Lilies were the only good way to hunt PWand along with a number of other rares like Lavis Cannon).

Well, * rarity has shed its original role of indicating actual rarity, and is now merely a grind difficulty and bonus indicator. It used to be that a 9* was notably rarer than a 7*. Not anymore, mainly because of the ongoing content releases. I mean, if they adhered to that system and separated grinding difficulty to a new stat (call it whatever you want), and made * rarity purely an actual rarity indicator, due to the number of content waves with incrementally rarer items we'd probably be up to 20* by now and jesus the UI doesn't even have room for that. Every month or two we get a wave of new items that are slightly or considerably rarer than the last wave of content, dropping from either pre-existing enemies or the enemies that are 1-5 levels higher in the new AQ/map/TA/EQ/etc.

I mean, at first it did indicate rarity to some degree, but now that higher difficulty enemies drop their own same items from lower difficulties that's kind of completely gone.

Quote Originally Posted by AgemFrostMage View Post

Oh god

My sides

Help

Anyways, while it is "fun" it only remains "fun" for so long before it just becomes stupid.