Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

my brain is bleeding when i read some posts here
    no wonder pso2 is still a piece of shit
    and looks like it has no chance to get out of that poohoo
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by DFC View Post
    10* should never have been tradable, back then every single force didn't have an elder rod, it was actually rare.
    Now it's standard to see every single player equipped with a 10*

Hopefully they will never make 11* tradable
    This is a flaw of weapons being skins with damage values, not of weapons being tradable.

I want you to outright state that people should be finding 7+ of one 10* that they don't want so that other people that do want them don't find them. Say that, word for word. Copy and paste it. Because that's what happened when 10*'s weren't tradable. Ask Meji about Elder Rods.

I understand what your saying though it does feel good to kill enemys with one hit :P makes people feel strong but I suppose you got a point their, I can't wait to see how those extreme quests are going to be the only thing that bothers me is that we have to have passes for them like wtf!
    LucidRealm / Ship02

Though its good to see that JP players agree with us for the most part, it'd be better if that were actually putting pressure on SEGA's profits.
    Ship 2
    Player ID: BlankM
    Character: Mauseletta
    Youtube Channel(Currently lacking PSO2 content)

Quote Originally Posted by Kierto View Post
    This is true, but the model does however rely on retention in different ways. TACOs and now XQs are designed on the idea of 'play a little, but return for a long time' so you will login daily and be constantly subject to advertising of new features and paid content. Why do you even think the video screens in the lobby even exist? I know there are plenty of players who just login for their daily fix of TACO, FUN or w/e but I can bet my nuts they all talk about the new update videos and bullshit lobby actions. And how many of those players do you think just do these daily chores so they can buy their cute hairstyle as soon as it becomes available in the bi-weekly gachas before it disappears and triples in price?

Another key factor of 'play a little, but return for a long time' is based on the idea that A) eventually you will succumb and eventually purchase premium goods out of frustration due to chronic lack of success (i.e. = shop pass, scratch, premium ticket) or B) fall victim to feeling you 'must' login every day to keep up (TACOs, XQ, EQ checking) which often leads to 'A' happening.

I think it's only a matter of time until we see either XQ passes purchaseable or they introduce AC missions like PSU had in its later life.

There is a lot of F2P naivety around and so many good resources about its structure. People should read up on simple things like this Gamasutra article to get started. (this isn't directed at you giga, just a general thing, lol)

One of PSO2's biggest fails with the F2P system is that they just seem to copy what they think a F2P system 'should be' without actually tailoring it to what the playerbase wants or would use (150AC Scape Dolls?). So we just get more and more fashion because that shit is selling like hell and with the disgusting low-rez textures etc they are pumping out obviously little dev time.
    I understand the theory of getting players to pay money by installing frustrating hurdles they can pay to avoid, but the reality is it wears players' will to play down until they one day feel no need to play whatsoever. The flipside to that? Instead of punishing players at every turn, rewarding them and then letting them buy even more rewards (cosmetic, whatever). That is not only a better short term system for players, but a better long term system as well since a player's will to play is not being intentionally whittled down. Not to mention the publicity gained in giving away things, adding free things, constant bonuses, etc. In PSO2 the bonuses and giveaways are wasted nigh instantly.

But, most of the work of an F2P game is in its creation - the rest is a lifeline of content. There's no changing PSO2 now.

Destructive by nature. Link1275's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I understand the theory of getting players to pay money by installing frustrating hurdles they can pay to avoid, but the reality is it wears players' will to play down until they one day feel no need to play whatsoever. The flipside to that? Instead of punishing players at every turn, rewarding them and then letting them buy even more rewards (cosmetic, whatever). That is not only a better short term system for players, but a better long term system as well since a player's will to play is not being intentionally whittled down. Not to mention the publicity gained in giving away things, adding free things, constant bonuses, etc. In PSO2 the bonuses and giveaways are wasted nigh instantly.

But, most of the work of an F2P game is in its creation - the rest is a lifeline of content. There's no changing PSO2 now.
    There's still hope for PSO2, if segac sells the title to another company who will change the business model.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    Despite PSO2's fabled "success" in Japan, it was interesting to actually stumble across a player review site to see what the players really think (found this thanks to a friend):

http://bit.ly/108ustw

Number of Reviews: 409
    Average Score: 1.88/5

As you can see, the West isn't the only community dissatisfied with the game. Running through the reviews, the major complaints about the game are that its entirely random, upgrading equipment is horribly unfair and that the game is extremely gacha-centric, considering that the majority of things to assist with gameplay are in the AC Scratch, plus the game seems to be centred around fashion and costumes, instead of what the game should be about: The actual gameplay.

There's also been numerous complaints about the fact that there's no sort of weapon variety, as every weapon is just a model and a skin, and nothing more than that. Drop rates are also a complaint seen in these, along with the fact the game is entirely luck-based.

So what are your thoughts? Considering the success of PSO2, it's surprising to see it rated so low in its home country. The complaints of the Japanese also appear to be similar to ours. I don't think that they're that much different from us, just some people speak louder than others.
    You mention gameplay but it comes across as gameplay is given a lot of priority. This game has a smooth and fast interface and can skip dialogue really fast if you want. Other games force you to sit through cutscenes and even make jumps for you! This game you actually move, strategize, and have to actually work for leveling. World of Warcraft has terrible gameplay issues, like questgivers being your level or even much higher, then do the quest yourself! Would Superman send a 5 year old to kill a giant demon? Also long cooldowns, no active dodge, enemies autoface you so no going behind them, go too far and mob goes to full health, mobs "evade" if you strategically position from a vantage point, etc. So PSO2 is superior to WoW in those regards.

Clothes and crossovers are great extras I think more games should have. Think of it this way about rare weapons: if droprates are too good then everyone has the weapon and looks the same. The game does have its issues but nothing is perfect.

I really don't see PSO2 dying out since I started playing back in October I noticed a huge increase in players.
    LucidRealm / Ship02

Quote Originally Posted by Link1275 View Post
    There's still hope for PSO2, if segac sells the title to another company who will change the business model.
    Deep down I wish they would hand it to nexon, so I could see everyones reaction when it happens. Kodak moment.

I wouldn't really compare WoW and PSO2 in those regards at all. They're not meant to be similar period. Positioning is not the most important part of WoW and combat engagement boils down to "Kill them before they kill you". It's not remotely the same.