Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast
    Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kazuuya View Post
    About time, that I left you here a comment, sorry I didn't sooner. ;; So I gotta ay so far I was just a quiet listener and never really commented because I have absolutely no clue about music hahah. (That's rather my dads division hahah.)

But I really love your stuff! My personal favourites is for one the Captivating Madness, because it sure reminds me a bit of the Krazoa Test themes in Starfox Adventures where this really creepy and ghostly woman voices whisper "Test of, Test of" and then the corresponding Test title. (I never really realized tho what they whispered until my friend told me and now I can hear what they whisper too omg.) But Captivating Madness is really really super creepy, and it gave me the chills just like the Krazoa Test themes, so you've really hit the point with this one.

The next one I've really loved was Vile Pandemic, a nice Falzes based theme with much tension. Just beautifully done ahhh, I have a big love for violins so I immediately loved it to be honest. I can totally imagine a full orchestra transition of it!

And to be honest I kind of love everything omg. Violent Fantasies also catched my ears, it's a super nice theme and it definitely sounds like a battle theme, so it totally fits Neiths character if she has aggressive impulses and stuff of this sort. Personally if you sped it up a tiny bit it kinda resembles stuff from Motoi Sakuraba, which is really neat because I love his works.

Okay I guess this is all for now, once again sorry for never commenting so far. ;;
    That's really flattering. Thank you for replying. I'm glad I'm finally making things that people are enjoying.
    Responses like this really motivate me to keep working. Hopefully I can do my commissions quickly this time to give you more things to listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by qoxolg View Post
    Yes great! I love it I like your additions and I will see if I can use them when I will upgrade the song. I haven't shared it because it's not yet finished. I miss a lot of my virtual instruments and sample libraries, because the latest addition of Logic only supports 64-bit instruments. I only used the most basic instruments that come with the program, but there is much better stuff out there. I also haven't figured out all the stuff about mastering and mixing my sound, which can become very complex when you start working with compression, reverb, and EQ'ing.

I hope you enjoyed working on this cheerful song for a change
    Yeah, I don't do very many cheerful things. I prefer the low mellow sounds, like Downcast Eyes and Ghostly Echoes, and most of my stuff is in a minor key. But I get really excited when working on the cuter stuff like this. I'm glad I got to work on something so much different than what I normally do, even if I only really worked on it for a day.
    I'm going to have it stuck in my head for a long time, by the way. It's super catchy.

And yeah, all that mastering stuff seems like a lot of work. I never bother with them. I just get some decent sounds, and write my music around them. I've got a decent library now, so I normally know what sound I want before I start writing.

QueenBitchoftheUniverse NotRankin's Avatar

*requests commission* ._.

Leave a few pictures of your character, and any backstories and character descriptions you can. I need a good feel for your character before I can start, so I need as much information on her as possible.

I think I'm going to have smaller updates for this thread, but only update the title and my signature when I finish songs. I don't get to visit this thread as much as I like.

With that in mind, here's the beginning of Cornelia's theme. Working title.
    http://www.mediafire.com/listen/r90m...z/Cornelia.mp3

Loving it... The piano is my favorite instrument. Something about it resonates with something deep within me. Just lovely. If my ultimate goal ever comes to fruition I'd projectile vomit money into your pocket to compose music for a game. But that wouldn't be for like a billion more years. >.>; or maybe just in my dreams... lol

And, finished it. I had a pretty tough time with this one, but I think the effort shows. It seems like I spent more time messing with the instruments and the settings than actually writing. Sorry to say, the piano's gone.

https://soundcloud.com/michael-h-mon...iendly-warrior

Hey, I haven't done anything in nearly two months. As I feel bad about my lack of participation, I give you an old piece I worked on. I present, a duet between myself and another vocalist, covering Nobuo Uematsu's Otherworld.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...herWahould.mp3

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    Hey, I haven't done anything in nearly two months. As I feel bad about my lack of participation, I give you an old piece I worked on. I present, a duet between myself and another vocalist, covering Nobuo Uematsu's Otherworld.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...herWahould.mp3
    So much yes.

Imagine being on a Ventrilo server with these two guys every day. Those were the days, man.

Hey guys. It's been three years. But I did a thing.

https://soundcloud.com/michael-h-mon...y/click-battle

I worked on a game for a class (Shinu Real helped!), and of course I composed for it. It was a battle system, so I got to work on a battle theme. Always fun to do.

And thats how fish man become a game composer. Ya dun et!

It felt great. I'd love to be able to do it more.

It felt especially good since I was able to control every part of it, besides the art. But even then, the art fit way better than what I envisioned.