Exclamation Bring Back Member Spotlight

Among other things, PSOworld is a shell of it's former self. Many areas of the site don't see any use at all. Raffle, Member Spotlight, Voting Booth, Fan Fictions, among other things haven't been used in six plus years. I remember a time when PSOworld was the go to site for all things phantasy star. Now it mostly consists of obnoxious posters building off of each others egos, trolling honest posters, and generally just not helping the community with their presence.

PSOworld is irrelevant for news related to the game it's dedicated to now. The PSOblog seems to serve the purpose of Phantasy Star related news. Many of the mods are only active in the forums, and community driven events are scarce. It pains me to see PSOW carry on like this. It deserves so much more love and devotion.

So I propose that we have a moderator screening and recruit some active members of the community who can be vouched for being mature, calm, and intelligent enough to help run the site. I also would like to see the revival of the Member Spotlight and Raffle/Voting booths.

As incentive for taking action to make the site a better hub for information and a closer community I'll host a PSO2 pictochat contest with three prizes for first second and third place. All of them being varying amounts of AC. I'll make a post in the PSO2 General forum including the details on the contest.

The catch is that we must convince the current mods to recruit and make a conscious effort to work on the site.

Until then, long live PSO. Long live PSOW.
    Last edited by Rii; May 22, 2013 at 06:15 AM.

Who do you think would get into the member spotlight, anyway? "Honest posters", or people whoring themselves out specifically to get into said spotlight? I'm not sure if we consider they same type of people "obnoxious", but if we do, then that feature will only contribute to the growth of faggotry on the site.

Now news and other activities, those parts of the site could see more use than they do now. However, with tiny staff, members of which likely have grown up after being accepted as a mod/admin/whatever, I don't expect them to put much effort into events and whatnot, since life usually takes priority over videogames as you grow older.

Yeah, I suggested the same thing about a year ago, and it would have been great then. Buuuuuut, since then, this site has become way too inundated with cliques and other middle-school horseshit to have a 'Member Spotlight' be anything but problematic.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; May 22, 2013 at 10:56 PM. Reason: 'too', not 'to'

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Yeah, I suggested the same thing about a year ago, and it would have been great then. Buuuuuut, since then, this site has become way to inundated with cliques and other middle-school horseshit to have a 'Member Spotlight' be anything but problematic.
    ^ This

Quote Originally Posted by Vintasticvin View Post
    ^ This
    quoted for truth

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none