Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Come to think of it, does dragon ex huge laser deal ranged damage or tech damage?

Your signature image was 1,022px × 328px. Signature images are limited to a combined total of 600 pixels in width, 180 pixels in height, and 50,000 bytes in filesize.
    I play on Ship 2 and the name of my character is Cryska, feel free to send a friend request.

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manta Oyamada View Post
    Its funny my build to main fighter is almost like this. The only difference for me is that I have partisan gear

Quote Originally Posted by LKA View Post
    a friend of mine uses guard stance

its funny seeing him take ~550ish from dragon ex hyper beams
    Or you can do a just guard and take none at all.

Just Guard makes tanking seem useless.

Of course, you can't expect to be pulling one every time, but then... Just Guard.

Hi, Ive made a "Tank" Hunter/Techer just for AI Friend Partner so I know what you are looking for.
    Pardon me for the late post because Ive been playing Age of Wushu for the past 2 months so I didnt see this post til now.

First of all, the reason for picking Hunter as the base class is because of a few important factors/skills:
    High HP / Sdef
    Warcry - steal aggro from all nearby mobs
    Guard stance - reduce melee damage taken
    Flash guard - reduce melee and range damage taken
    Flash tech guard - reduce tech damage taken
    * Automate Halfline - auto-heal (optional because we have Techer as sub)

The reasons for picking Techer as a sub:
    Access to techniques - utility eg Resta/Andi/Deband/Shifta/Megibus + crowd control - Zondeel/SaZan etc.
    AI friend partners have unlimited PP so they can heal/buff/spam techniques forever.
    Light mastery & Resta advance - increase resta efficiency
    Deband advance & Deband cut - reduce damage taken
    * Shifta advance, Dark mastery & Poison Ignition - free/cheap additional damage

The reason why I picked Hunter/Techer and not Gunner/Hunter from the beginning is because with Techer, the NPC can stay alive A LOT longer with the access to UNLIMITED Resta(AIs have no PP restrictions) and the other buffs, while crowd controlling with Zondeel/Sa Zan/Warcry. With the "correct" AI/personality trait, the "tank" will always gather the mobs together for you while he carefully maneuvers around them. He can even support you with heals and buffs while staying "hardy". Other thing is that a Hunter friend AI will always do more damage and keep aggro longer than a Gunner friend AI (limited to twin mechgun unless they set other weapons as well) because of the reduction in damage as an NPC (per hit). Range is not a factor here because you can always set your Hunter to use Wired Lance or Gunslash (gun mode) or even PAs to pull/hit/chase. Also because AIs dont do their basic abilities like dash, evade or flip etc, the twin mechgun AI is terrible against mobs like the utans that dash/throw rocks at you. Quick attacks are a necessity, not a two-parter type attack. To demostrate this point, I suggest testing your AIs solo (with your weapon of choice) against a horde of Utans (at least 3) on VH forest and if they survive and kill all of them without dying, they pass the test. (Dont cheat, 5-10 lv difference is the max you should test them on) And lastly, the friend partner AI's are really pro with some skills eg. Poison Ignition. Once they are within range and the skill is up, they will always activate it on priority (even when they are jumping) Ive seen my AI Sonic arrow->stun concide-> poison ignition... dont be surprised. ( its also character trait dependant BTW)

In any case, you should try both; what I suggested and the other Gunner/Hunter build (since making new accounts are free ANYWAY) then come tell us what you think. But I have to say the Gunner/Hunter build is more for players and mine is more for NPCs. Just my 2cts.

Ps: whats it with people not answering the question these days?