Default can we do something about this damn spam?

please?

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

I believe they have been implementing a number of things such as captchas, and any spam I report gets wiped out within minutes to at most an hour. They've been pretty on the ball for human beings so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    please?
    You act like it happens every day, all the time. I've seen boards much worse than this.

However, spam bots are usually shut down before they even post. To the staff: what kind of anti-bot measures do you have in place?

On a different forum, the main admin there has set up a library where we can add the most common IPs that the spam seems to originate from and prevent them from registering.

Perhaps something similar may be needed? At the very least, post approval would be an idea to implement seeing as some of the registered spammers use names with a form of semblance to normality rather than haphazardly bashing the keyboard.
    Last edited by blace; May 27, 2013 at 05:44 PM.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

I've been an admin on enough communities to guess what is going on behind the scenes. They are probably discussing and/or taking action against the spambots right now. This kind of thread in the end never affects anything.

We're all better off letting the guys in charge do their jobs.
    Mekhana - Ship 2 - Edelweiss Community Leader- Gunner -/- Hunter - All Awesome - CAST Supremacy

PSO2 Podcast *Ship 2 - Block 20.* 'Old school SEGA Fan', 'MMORPG bittervet', 'The guy with a foreign accent'

I'm still upset about that one spam bot which got banned before I could congratulate them on their 50th post.

Oh god it's become sentient, it's taunting us.

OH GOD EVERYBODY GET IN YOUR BUNKERS

Last edited by Dhylec; Nov 11, 2013 at 02:19 PM. Reason: merge