Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Good ol 90's action movie inspired side scrollers. Streets of Rage/Final Fight etc. Can't stand the over the top stuff these days that look like a japanese game show. Just vigilantes cleaning up urban scum, what more could you ask for?

I'd also like a new Shining Force game.

I was actually initially going to mention traditional side scrollers, but figured I can just go back and play the same ones I always loved.

But, I'd like to see some new ones that don't make me feel like I'm missing out on dynamics or extra content made possible by other dimensions. Super Meat Boy is still a nice game for its simplicity, if you're into the die-a-thousand-times-in-one-level genre of games.

The feeling of discovery and introduction to new content is pretty great, though, and if I could get an extension of any single game's feeling as you play through it the first time I'd have to go with Portal. They put a pretty good amount of work and thought into the mild twists in the game's story, mixed into some nice puzzles.

For me:

- 3D "overworld" platformer games (Super Mario 64/Galaxy, Banjo-Kazooie, etc.). I'd LOVE to see LittleBigPlanet go in this direction someday.

- F-Zero. Hasn't been a new one since the Gamecube. Oh, and give me some awesome machine and track editors so I can build some crazy shit.

- A GOOD Starfox game, like the N64 one, where there were multiple paths you could take and your actions played a role in it. And you can never have enough "DO A BARREL ROLL!"

- A new Puzzle League/Panel De Pon style game, with some new innovative twists.

- I know Pokemon X/Y is coming out in October, but I would LOVE to see a large-scale Pokemon MMO that encompasses all the areas from all the games, and lets players easily cooperate or compete together.

- FF14... Beta Phase 3 needs to hurry up... @_@

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Side-scrolling adventure platformers like classic Castlevania and Metroid. Those were good times.
    There's lots of good ones being developed and released on the indie scene these days. xP PLAY SOME!

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

all the good psx platformers i.e. good spyro and crash bandicoot titles
    fuck jak and ratchet
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

I miss paraper the rapper

Quote Originally Posted by Bambi Minaii View Post
    not directly related but
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

I very much miss the Panzer Dragoon and Ecco the Dolphin games and would die of happiness if a new one came out. Oh, a new F-Zero would be awesome as well.

Edit: Let me still add Jet Set Radio!!
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic41657_37.gif

Devil May Cry games. And just good beat'em ups in general.

I'm surprised that no one has come busting in here screaming 'PSO!! ' at the top of their lungs whilst spraying vomit, blood, and feces everywhere...since apparently that was the best game forever and for all time.

....but, in seriousness now, I miss me some got-dam Vectorman and Streets of Rage. What happened, SEGA?