Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post

- I know Pokemon X/Y is coming out in October, but I would LOVE to see a large-scale Pokemon MMO that encompasses all the areas from all the games, and lets players easily cooperate or compete together.
    I've actually thought about that before. Would be a good idea, too. Even if Nintendo doesn't charge a monthly fee, they'd STILL make a killing with it. Would even outsell that pathetic excuse for a game called WoW.
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.

I liked the whole "Metroidvania" style of gameplay. I was upset that Prime was an FPS (though they didn't really call it that). I still preferred the old 2d side-scrollers but that's just me. Easily fixed by just firing up Super Metroid on my SNES emu though.

Then there's Mega Man, particularly the X series before Inafune left to work on Zero.
    Zeota - Ship 2 (JP)
    http://twitch.tv/zeomantic

I want a new wario platformer. The invisible character mechanic was pretty unique.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Megaman Battle Network/Starforce...

I'm like only dude in the world that cared that series exist. D:

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I've been playing Persona 3 PSP. Never played any of those games because I thought they where too weeaboo and by playing them I'd be infected with weeabooitis. But after giving them a shot, I was quite surprised at how enthralling they where.(so yes I have been infected with weeabooitis) Really looking forward topicking up a PSP Vita and PS4 Golden.

Also Valkyria Chronicles II. I love this series, wish they would have brought 3 over to the states.

Finally Kenka Bancho Badass Rumble. It's Yakuza lite for the PSP.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

Although technically not a game, the one thing I miss from days of yore.... CHEAT DEVICES!

Not so much for the "cheating" aspect, but more for getting at parts of a game that aren't accessible through normal means.
    Zeota - Ship 2 (JP)
    http://twitch.tv/zeomantic

Vaguely effeminite DS/Dice weilding Mac using Vamp Wyndham's Avatar

One series I miss the most is Bomberman. With Hudsonsoft gone, the lack of Bomberman is depressing to me.
    My sig disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndham View Post
    One series I miss the most is Bomberman. With Hudsonsoft gone, the lack of Bomberman is depressing to me.
    There's a Bomberman game for the NDS that's pretty decent.

As for me; I miss games like Crystalis or the Ys series.

Oh, Sonic Battle was some really solid gameplay. I especially liked the player versus player link cable battling, had some hilarious fights with a friend.

Granted, you could get crazy OP, which is why they were hilarious. I absolutely slaughtered him...actually apologized after some of them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeota View Post
    I liked the whole "Metroidvania" style of gameplay. I was upset that Prime was an FPS (though they didn't really call it that). I still preferred the old 2d side-scrollers but that's just me. Easily fixed by just firing up Super Metroid on my SNES emu though.

Then there's Mega Man, particularly the X series before Inafune left to work on Zero.
    Yeah, Metroidvanias were a lot of fun, though I found I enjoyed it more in Metroids than Castlevania. I absolutely loved the CV series up through Symphony of the Night (CV4 is still one of my favorite games I've ever played, and I really enjoyed 3 as well), and then I started to highly dislike the atmosphere and art style change the series underwent. Metroid has remained pretty sacred though, Super Metroid still being one of the greatest games of all time for me, and I even enjoyed the different gameplay direction they took with the Prime series because they stayed true to the atmosphere.

Aside from the classics, I think the Zero series is still my favorite Megaman series. Every game was challenge (well, 4 was easy, but whatever), there was an actual ongoing plot that wasn't just hashed together when Capcom decided they should actually give a shit, no annoying horribly-voiced anime cutscenes, and THE SERIES HAD AN ACTUAL FUCKING CONCRETE ENDING instead of OH NO IT'S WILY/SIGMA AGAIN!!!!1. The last fight in Z4 is pretty awesome, even if it gets overquoted.

2D Platformers!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyleo View Post
    As for me; I miss games like Crystalis or the Ys series.
    Have you checked out the Ys games that have come to Steam thanks to XSEED? I'm hoping they port over Seven and Ark of Napishtim as well. Love that series.

Crystalis was cool too.
    Last edited by CelestialBlade; Jun 1, 2013 at 01:20 PM.