Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Default Open Letter To SEGA

http://pso2gaijin.wordpress.com/

If this person already posted this here in the forums somewhere, I apologize...
    However, I am just posting it here to make a few points.

I read through this letter earlier yesterday, and thought to myself "Yeah, it sucks to be this person right now, seeing that this was a dick move by SEGA of Japan... however, they should have saw this coming, knowing the ToS states no support for players outside of Japan."

Then, it really hit me... Did this person really try hard enough to get SEGA's attention on the matter? I sent them an email earlier today, and am waiting for a response.

I don't know if anyone knows this person, however, if you are able to help, please get in contact with them. Thanks! :3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To save you time going through all the pages, I will post his reply here:

I got a response from pso2gaijin by email. Here it is:

Hello,

To clarify, I still have no clue why I was banned. I had the theory that it might be because my equipment really was at the time perhaps the best on any ship. That's what happens when you pour basically every waking hour into learning game systems and trading to achieve enough in-game currency to perform proper affixing.

I do note that it happened within 24 hours of myself crafting some incredible 5 slot units. At the time, you couldn't even trade 10* objects, so I had to farm a boss for hundreds of hours just to get a set of units which each dropped with 5 or more slots (using booster items, affixing is generally very easy if you start with a unit that already has the desired number of slots, and basically impossible if you try to add a slot in the process).

After sending a link to my website to sega on two separate occasions using the designated forms they'd ignored me through in the past, SEGA finally replied! Gosh, I was excited to see the email. What was written within was was essentially 'rule 8 - no foreigners.'

So yes, SEGA have in essence confirmed I was banned for being a foreign player. What lead to my initial report, I have no idea. I do suspect it was my amazing devotion to affixing high tier armor and weapons.

I would have updated this on the website, but I feel there's more to happen before I write up this period of events.

the exact text of SEGA's response was:

'平素は『ファンタシースターオンライン2』をご愛顧いただき
    誠にありがとうございます。

恐れ入りますが『ファンタシースターオンライン2』に関しま
    しては、日本国内からのご利用に限らせていただいております。

下記に、日本国外からのご利用に関する利用規約を掲載させて
    いただいておりますので、ご確認いただけますでしょうか。

▼ 利用規約
    http://pso2.jp/players/support/rule/
    (※第2条の「8」項目をご確認ください)'

I responded to this, but they have once again gone silent.

I have, to my mind, exhausted most avenues for appeal and to get my account back. That was my initial effort. When SEGA simply wouldn't respond, that's when I put the site up, as a way to make them acknowledge me and to treat me with the respect all customers should receive. I have had Japanese players help me with my translations, but I can't claim to have an army of Japanese friends working at my disposal. Most of my Japanese friends in PSO2 I knew by their in-game handle and if I ever needed to contact them, I'd send them a message or use the whisper function. SEGA cut my access to the majority of them simply by cutting my service.

My efforts are not about screwing over SEGA, and I'm not trying to do that. What I'm trying to do is to make SEGA take a look at and correct their behavior. I think it's doable, but someone needs to tell them very loudly, for their own good, that things aren't alright, we aren't happy with how they've treated us, and they need to make some changes so that they can maximize their revenue and fanbase in future.

The one thing that corporations generally watch out for is cash flow. If we can vote with our wallets for a better service, I've got to believe that at some point SEGA is going to provide that service to rescue their share values.

Feel free to post this on PSO-World if you like. I've always found it a very volatile site and I wasn't sure how the community there would react. They tend to adopt a stance of not complaining and hoping SEGA will come good on its own, despite a lot of history and evidence to the contrary.

Thanks for your message and for raising awareness,

PSO2GAIJIN
    Last edited by pso2love; Apr 12, 2014 at 04:47 PM.

Agree'd that they should've seen their ban coming. I only bought ACs once (because I had to clear my inventory and could never get a shop ticket in the FUN scratch), 'cause I know the ToS frowns upon this.

If you're gonna go around breaking rules, don't be pissed when your misdeeds catch up with you.

tl;dr
    This guy is just butthurt as all getout.

I have seen this before and I have stopped reading when it came down to, "I paid to play the game, so why am I banned?" The least they could've said was what they did prior to the ban.

When you choose to invest in a game, you agree that all monetary actions will not be refunded, as is standard free to play policy. I haven't read it all the way through yet, but the self entitlement attitude doesn't help with the cause.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

>$5000

Yeahhhhhhhh...bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Saw this on gfaqs. Laughed.

Laughed again.

Tl;dr: Complaining about being banned while playing illegally in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    >$5000

Yeahhhhhhhh...bullshit.
    "$5000 USD worth of virtual property accrued (estimated by taking the number of costumes available and multiplying by a median of silver and gold scratch pricing)"

...could simply mean "if I bought every item I have from scratch instead of from player shops, I would've spent $5000".

Oh my lord this is one angry man. Even if he raises good points. Oh my lord. I'd hope I won't get banned, but thankfully I've comprehended the risk involved in playing/paying. Also, we may not know what kind of behavior he was exhibiting to be reported.
    "Chance favors the prepared mind." -- Louis Pasteur

"The best laid plans of mice and men oft go awry..." -- Robert Burns

Why would anybody pay for this game?

Quote Originally Posted by ShinMaruku View Post
    Why would anybody pay for this game?
    Why would anyone who clearly dislikes the game keep spouting nonsense about it?