Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

No. To them it's a risk. It's easier to go with what you know won't fail immediately on launch.

I honestly feel they don't have the backbone to take risks of any anymore. PSO2 is a very safe game. It relies on the proven gacha system, and steals borrows everything it has from other games, barring perhaps only the random map layout (which I honestly feel is considerably lazier and safer than creating a series of maps and having to make sure they're intuitively laid out, fun, and not repetitive).

I also think PSO2 was their hail mary. If this flopped Sega would've been pretty deep in the shitter. And, hell, they still might be. They keep saying it's exceeding expectations, but we all know that even if it had 1 customer they'd be saying it was exceeding expectations. It's another standard appearance ploy that almost every company uses.

Yeah if anything I know damn well they learned from those PSO and PSOBB moments back then and honestly I wouldn't want them to do that enough BS as it is already we don't anymore back draft.

Sig by Gama

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Yeah if anything I know damn well they learned from those PSO and PSOBB moments back then and honestly I wouldn't want them to do that enough BS as it is already we don't anymore back draft.
    And don't forget western PSU was way behind the Japanese version and lacked much content and watered down. No wonder why people stay on the Japanese servers.

Quote Originally Posted by AgemFrostMage View Post
    And don't forget western PSU was way behind the Japanese version and lacked much content and watered down. No wonder why people stay on the Japanese servers.
    Didn't forget that at all I thought that was self explanatory as it's pretty well known lol but yeah that.

Sig by Gama

If Sega was worth it's salt as a business after the Western releases they'd drop the IP block. It may look like a dick move but it's business. They control the majority of their player base keeping it in that region, AND they support the other regions by making those parts get income as well. I mean the US is ass at taxing corporations they could get away with murder with their revenues here.

After reading through the letter and comments, I think the guy has every right to complain, despite a few ridiculous claims ($5K worth of stuff? Really?).

Anyone who is a veteran of these forums knows of my admittedly overzealous rants regarding how non-Japanese PSU players were getting the short end of the stick in terms of game content and quality. I even brought it to Sega's official PSU forums, only to have everything suppressed or censored in the end, along with anyone else who said anything critical about the game. Although I'm sure I ended up pissing a lot of people off, most people knew that it was wrong for Sega to keep doing this to us, yet were either complacent enough to not do anything about it, or simply server-hopped for the remainder of the game's lifetime.

And although I wasn't around here to witness it first-hand, I have heard other people mention that similar things have happened with Blue Burst and the older games. Could've sworn there was a permanent Christmas lobby up at some point, maybe I'm wrong...

Obviously, there's an individual or clique at the top of the corporate ladder that would rather be racist, prideful assholes and manipulate everything to the point of driving the company into the ground rather than face the SHAMEFUR DISHPRAY of admitting their mistakes and properly dealing with FILTHY GAIJIN MARKETS.

My point is, this shit has been going on for YEARS, and sadly, I don't see it changing anytime soon. If they won't listen to us, then they won't get any money from us either.

Ideally, I'm still awaiting the day that Sega finally does go completely bankrupt, and a worthy company, perhaps Nintendo, acquires the rights to their IP's and gives them the respect they deserve. I'll admit, Sonic games have been on a bit of an upswing lately, though...

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    Ideally, I'm still awaiting the day that Sega finally does go completely bankrupt, and a worthy company, perhaps Nintendo, acquires the rights to their IP's and gives them the respect they deserve. I'll admit, Sonic games have been on a bit of an upswing lately, though...
    I have secretly wanted this for years. Unfortunately, I doubt Nintendo would be the company to pounce on it. We'd probably be seeing EA making PS games and well...

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I have secretly wanted this for years. Unfortunately, I doubt Nintendo would be the company to pounce on it. We'd probably be seeing EA making PS games and well...
    ^Now I don't blame this thought one bit I know quite a number who actually share this same outlook with sega being an ass on some subjects if not all the devs are not doing jack shit either.

I honestly wanna know where in the hell they are loafing there asses at right now

Can't blame ppl who wanna see that happened either.

Sig by Gama

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

Oh god. No. EA with make Mags like 2000 AC. 30day Premium would be like 5000AC.

I'm still waiting for the American one, haha..
    - [Playing Guitar] -
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CrackerCrums Check out my Youtube