Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cyron Tanryoku View Post
    The basics remain the same, just new stuff added.
    So if you liked the original, might as well get the 3DS game.

FEMALES CAN WEAR PANTS NOW
    Everyone can wear pants now! and socks/shoes O_O

I'll always have a special place in my heart for Animal Crossing, since I remember the first one so vividly. My dad and I were in Blockbuster, and I saw it sitting there in the Gamecube section. I begged my dad to rent it, and he eventually conceded.

I played it for a few hours that night, and fell in love with the simple, casual pace (yet still providing torrents of unexplainable fun), and asked my dad to try it, mentioning that you could have four characters in the same town. So, he sat down in the chair and started to play.

I woke up the next morning, and he was already playing again. He played all day, every day until we had to return it to Blockbuster. He was way more into it than I was (and I was really into it), that's for sure. Then we went to Gamestop and bought it immediately after, since he was even more addicted than I was. I think Animal Crossing is what really got my dad into gaming beyond Diablo on the PC. Because, shit, it's just so much damn fun, and for no reason whatsoever.

Community Manager Cyron Tanryoku's Avatar

Whats everyone gonna name their town

I won't name mine booty like I did Wii

Zelkova Village... I'm bad at thinking of town names so I took the name of one of my favorite characters from a videogame and bam... sounds good enough to me haha

My dad named our town "Bootyville" in the first game, so I've honored the tradition in every game henceforth. So, Bootyville.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    My dad named our town "Bootyville" in the first game, so I've honored the tradition in every game henceforth. So, Bootyville.
    I feel like it should be Boobyville under the circumstances haha

I'll be getting it, I've found myself wanting for a chill game where I can just kinda do stuff as of late.

Not sure what I'll be naming my town, I forget if Dangerzone fits or not. Probably not.

[comicbookguy]

Um excuse me, but the original was on Nintendo 64 exclusively in Japan.

[/comicbookguy]

(still a fun tidbit of information)

I'm naming mine "Dinner." That way I can always say I have people coming over to Dinner.

I named my Nintendog on DS Dinner back when I first got a DS as well. That's kinda weird.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

I haven't played Animal Crossing since the Gamecube (though I briefly tried the DS sequel), but I am eagerly awaiting this one.

I'm planning on downloading it versus buying the cartridge, simply because I feel like this is the kind of game I'm more likely to play if I can just switch over to it for a bit between playing other games, versus having to carry the cartridge around with me.

I'm assuming most people are getting the cartridge. Is anybody else taking the plunge digitally?