Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 LastLast
    Mill Lilly Harvester ARASHIKAGE's Avatar
    In arms reach of my Snow Queen at all times.

Phil Spencer: You can share your Xbox One games with any 10 people. -NeoGAF

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=588871

Woah woah woah woah, woah... Sorry Sony MS just pulled their trump card.

I haven't heard much about this anywhere don't you think Microsoft would be blasting this loud right now? I mean, some one tell me this is fake because if it's not, this is mindblowing.

Want to see how easy it is to trade games with a friend on Xbox One;
    Friend One- "Hey Joe want to try out the new Metal Gear game I just bought?"
    Friend Two- "Yeah I'm already playing it."
    Friend One- "Oh right you're in my family group... how is it?"
    And that can happen if your friend is 3,000 miles away, instantly... Holy shit!
    Last edited by ARASHIKAGE; Jun 14, 2013 at 04:06 AM.
    PSO GCN: Storm Shadow - RAmar - Retired
    PSU AOTI PC/PS2: Storm Shadow - Human Male PT - Retired
    PSZ: Hazatak Kid - RAmar - level 95

Retardacon \re-,tard-a-kan\ n 1 : retarded robot, humanoid, android, cyborg or cast as a : retarded decepticon b : cast from phanasty star found generally being retarded on these forums c : one who advocates cast supremacy 2 also see : cast supremacist

"arrgh such a retardacon"

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    I'm genuinely curious as to how many people that are flaming on about the "anti-consumer" policies of the Xbox One's systems actually both read the relevant information to it (rather than receiving it nth-hand from a sensationalist, Fox News-inspired click-driving adfarm, or an inane Reddit circlejerk), and also stopped to rationally think about why they might consider that this is the direction they want to take their business.

Like, really, this would be an interesting statistic to have, from a scientific perspective. Partly because it feels like I'm one of a handful of sane people on the internet for not partaking in the silly levels of hyperbole.

For the most part, the actual reasoning behind the policies makes sense - if the 24-hour check-in were able to be sidestepped by having the disc in, they'd make even more sense... But realistically, you'd have to be goddamn insane to think that the reason behind such a decision is because "they want to take away consumer rights!" or "they want to remove game ownership!" or even "they're literally the devil and are trying to attack me on a personal level!" like the aforementioned shady-at-best sources might have you believe.

I mean, really, for what reason do people think the 24-hour check-in rule was instated?

It basically boils down to this:

1. We want to move toward a digital-distribution-centric future, for all of the real advantages and conveniences it confers.
    2. We can't really just ditch the retail market (yet), considering how important actually is to all sorts of things (marketing, ease-of-access, gift-shoppers, etc.).
    3. We want to keep used games, but additional sales should have a portion of the proceeds go to the people who made the game - rather than solely to the store that sells it.
    4. We want to extend all of the same used game policies that can apply, to digital purchases as well.

Without compromising any of these, I'd be interested in hearing some brainstorming and deliberation on how to achieve this in a realistic fashion - keeping in mind that things staying how they are in the current generation addresses none of these.
    Corporations: With your best interest in mind, as opposed to their own.

I just want you to let that sink in, while you're fervently typing up more textbook red herrings in favor of Xbox in every single post I've ever seen you make.

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShinMaruku View Post
    That's gameplay.
    Goddamnit have to get that, there is no better way to kick down a Iron Giant then that @.@

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Nobody else interested in this? Really?

X Trailer - E3 2013 - YouTube

This is my dream game: Monster Hunter meets PSO meets giant transforming robots (edit: and space combat and it's an open world RPG)

I only wish they showed off actual combat and loot mechanics, so I could see if I should be excited about that too.
    Oh yeah I tottaly want it, Xenoblade Chronicles made it very very high in my list of all time favorite games that I played. I can't wait for this game even though I'm not really a mecha fan, I just wanna play a game that's made by these guys because I got high expetations after playing XC.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

After seeing the trailers for X and Bayonetta 2. I'm sold for getting a Wii U.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic69435_11.gif
    (Location: Ship 2)
    busy getting my life sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Corporations: With your best interest in mind, as opposed to their own.
    Look at what you're saying: "Driving customers away is in the best interest of the company!"

Last I checked, trying to provide features that customers will like, and therefore features that make them want to stay with your products and services, is in the best interest of a company trying to make money.

What I'm saying is: There should be some logic behind what they're doing. It actually would be in the worst interest of the corporation to alienate and drive away a significant amount of their existing user base, don't you agree?
    I just want you to let that sink in, while you're fervently typing up more textbook red herrings in favor of Xbox in every single post I've ever seen you make.
    Please check your projections of fanboyism elsewhere. My comment was specifically about business practices and understanding the reasoning behind their decisions, and the rather-interesting backlash due in part to a critical PR failure.

Personal attacks not only won't get you anywhere, they're also not conducive to good discussion - and just because you're planted firmly against the side being discussed, does not justify said attacks. Please stop.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

That's not what I'm saying at all, and the strawmans you insist on constructing are obnoxious at best, malicious at worst.

Personal attack? Point it out.

Play victim more.

Projecting? Pfffftahahaha, okay mr "wii has no good first party titles"

edit: I had a cobbled together post about why companies don't have to care about their customers' best interest, they just need to keep customers mildly satisfied enough, or rather keep them from being dissatisfied enough, to not consider it worth the extra expense and loss of contacts + effort to learn a new system to switch to another service, but this is such an obvious tactic that explaining it is tantamount to explaining that solar panels extract energy from solar radiation as though that, too, is not obvious.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Jun 14, 2013 at 02:46 PM.

The Pokémon X / Y site got updated.

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/root/

The online stuff and 5 vs 1 fights sound interesting. Also character customization maybe?

Kinda disappointed that FFXV is just Versus XIII. Its kinda lazy IMO.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    I swear every time they showed something from 13 versus... it looked like they were throwing in so much shit that it may as well had been it's own FF game instead of part of the 13 series. >_>;;

But no complaints for sure if FF games are gonna start having KH battle systems... at this point they may as well.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn View Post
    This is also opinionated, but I was extremely disappointed as soon as I saw the character designs. Not how I would word it, but hipster, emo, bordering on nancy-boy. It really doesn't seem like they're going for depth with any of the characters, just more of a visual-based cry boys. Believe me, I'd be happy to be wrong about that, but FFX was still playable with some faults, and everything after XI is down right terrible. I love Square's graphics and music, it would be nice to see somewhere else write the script.

As for the Xbox One, I think could be better than most people expect. The two things I'm not crazy about are kinect being required and the 24 hour check in policy. For the kinect, I think they're trying to make the tv and interactive entertainment system, and the 24 connect, they're trying to have a way to confirm their DRM content. Rather than doing that every 24 hours, they could do that asynchronously, take it off your account (key becomes free), give it to friend (insert key) and then done. I can see what they're getting at, but both seem intrusive and unnecessary.

I'm pretty happy to see Smash Bros for the WiiU and 3DS, it would really be nice to see Nintendo continue with this trend. I don't think the WiiU is powerful enough to emulate the 3DS, but it would definitely be great to have more game available on both portable and home consoles and have them connect together. Being able to do something like Mario kart on the TV and then multiplayer with 3DS over wifi would be pretty great. Also being able to get home, save Pheonix Right 5 and then bring it up immediately on the WiiU would definitely be an amazing selling point. If I start to see Nintendo moving in that direction it would definitely be enough motivation to buy from them. Also random side rant: Nintendo needs to loose the gloss on the WiiU (matte or gtfo).