Default Question about armors.../money making

I have noticed I am running random armors i picked up and was wondering a few things:

1)armors are separated by ranged/tech/and physical should i combine one of each in order to tank damage from all 3 types? or how does it work?

2)since my main class a physical class should i get all 3 pieces all s-attack?

3)what are good armors? should i just gt highest defense or ones with abilities in them?

P.S- any tips on money making is appreciated. I am constantly broke trying to grind weapons.

Early on it doesn't really matter too much what you wear. Later though, you will be just barely reaching the required stats for units. At this point, you should be equipping the ones for your class since your higher stats will allow you to equip better units that have higher defense values in all areas.

There are also units that require one type of defense to equip, but their highest stat is actually in a different field. Because of this, there's much less reason to try to equip the "wrong" items to specialize against certain damage types.

As for the units themselves, do note that many of them have hidden stats and set bonuses. Try to find a good mix of defenses, HP, and Atk stats.

It doesn't really matter what units you wear until the late 40s tbh, at which point you should go for set bonuses.

As for abilities, try and affix a Vol Soul on each unit, that'll give you [S-ATK+30] & [HP+20] for each piece, which is a really good starting point for beginners.
    | Dextro | Ship 10 | Legion |

I've heard 2 things:
    A) s-def s the only thing that really matters because 95% of all enemies deal damage against that stat.

B) synthesizing abilities is pretty pointless because the vast majority of the time it fails and just eats money and items

Are these things true?

If synthesizing/adding abilities has a decent chance of success, how do I best go about it, is there a guide?

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    I've heard 2 things:
    A) s-def s the only thing that really matters because 95% of all enemies deal damage against that stat.

B) synthesizing abilities is pretty pointless because the vast majority of the time it fails and just eats money and items

Are these things true?

If synthesizing/adding abilities has a decent chance of success, how do I best go about it, is there a guide?
    A) More or less. Notable exceptions are situations like signo gun firing squads for example.

B) The same could be said for anything Dudu does, save attribute grinding. You would affix units the same way you would weapons.

Not sure about a guide, but I use the extra slot feature to get my weapon/unit to have at least 3 ability slots before trying to affix what i want. Instructions depend on what you want on your weapon/units, though most want the usual soul/stat 3/boost since you can guarantee it in a few ways.

Quote Originally Posted by deusalkaiser View Post

3)what are good armors? should i just gt highest defense or ones with abilities in them?
    You can affix abilities given money, and luck, but I do recommend units that have a hidden blow resist passive if you're fighter/hunter, such as the shouldot set, fan set, fen set, or units from extreme quests. They have nice set bonuses too

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Jul 4, 2013 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deusalkaiser View Post
    I have noticed I am running random armors i picked up and was wondering a few things:

1)armors are separated by ranged/tech/and physical should i combine one of each in order to tank damage from all 3 types? or how does it work?

2)since my main class a physical class should i get all 3 pieces all s-attack?

P.S- any tips on money making is appreciated. I am constantly broke trying to grind weapons.
    I can 3rd what Unlucky and Dextro said, though I don't really feel you should wait until level 40 to actually worry about set bonuses. Even the ones for basic sets are decent enough to warrant focusing on one set especially since the parts are interchangeable between rarities for them.

While you're still low leveled you can probably make due with the 2-3 star units since they lowered the requirements for most of them. Once your defensive stat of choice is high enough though I'm not too sure what most people use...

EDIT: About making money. Wait until you're around level 15-20 and do Time Attack Client Orders (TACOs). They're daily and give a heafty amount of meseta. Personally I wouldn't even bother grinding stuff until then away you don't really need it for low level stuff.

I've heard 2 things:

Are these things true?

S-def is probably the most important, but if you're not a hunter, fighter, or techer, then like UnLucky said you probably shouldn't be trying to build into S-def with your mag since there are R and T def armors that give good s-def too.

I assume you mean grinding not synthesizing, synthesizing is only for weapons and increases their elemental bonus. Grinding units isn't anywhere near as bad as weapons so it's usually worth it to +10 all your units. Adding abilities is just as annoying though. I think most people stick to 1 soul and something else if that much.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Jul 4, 2013 at 11:03 AM.

Didn't know synthesizing was a 3rd process, assumed it was adding ablities or synthesizing 2 lower lvl ones into a higehr lvl ability.

Anyway, it's kinda hard to find the right units to even do it.
    You'd at least want 2 abilities to combine because you simply find enough units with 2-3 good abilities so that making stamina II out of two units with stamina I is pretty weak when you can just use dat unit you found earlier with Mutation I, Arm I and Vol Soul.

So you want at least some result like Stamina II + Power III.
    But that means finding 2-3 units with decent base stat3, all having the same amount of abilities and all having Stamina I and Power II.
    That's rare at best. I sold maybe ahandful units since lvl 1, constantly doing emergency quests and stuff and thus getting tons of items.
    I had literally 120 units and still could not find a satisfying combination of units to even bother adding their abilties.

Especially when abilities not on all of the units will simply be lost. You cannot just add unit A with Stamina I and Power I to unit B with Vol Soul and Power I and then think you could get a result with Vol Soul and Power II, the result would ONLY have Power II (in case it works).

And the way I understood it, if it fails (quite likely for anything that is even worth spending the money on), all items involved in the process are gone...or do you just lose the money?

And the way I understood it, if it fails (quite likely for anything that is even worth spending the money on), all items involved in the process are gone...or do you just lose the money?
    When you fail, you lose all the fodder items, but you keep the item you were trying to put the abilities on.

I see, thanks.
    Again so many units...I will give it a try for real now.