Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ultimate for a Ranger?

Ok I finally got my RAmarl to level 85 and im on Ultimate, but im not doing enough damage, first run through forest took me 20 minutes idk why but that seems kinda slow to me. My ATP atm is 1056, is there a way I could bring this up other then using a hacked mag?

Its mainly Damage thats the problem, I mean I can just Jellen and they only hit me for 40-60 damage so Def and HP arent a issue here.

Buff and debuff EVERYTHING. Keep S&D up at all times, and zalure everything within reason. Only use Jellen on things you expect to either hit you, or could really hurt you if whether you expect them to or not. Work on stumbling multiple enemies into eachother, etc. the usual you learned on your HU except this time keeping it at range. Feel free to use a shot for this, if you have an accurate one. Pile enemies into a little ball and have at it. Also, catching enemies on terrain is always good.

And, of course, as a RAmarl one of your strengths is your techs - these never miss, and will deal damage based on a % resistance instead of a subtractive resistance such as ATP uses. So if you pile things into a ball barta can be quite handy, if they're weak to it.

And be sure to look for and keep all good special lasers with ATA - especially paralyze/freeze and demon's/devil's, plus I've heard good things about hell despite never using it myself. Charge is good too, as always. As a RAmarl spirit will be particularly useful if you can find it, but good luck with that.

edit: Also, now would be a good opportunity to hunt for anything good your ID finds in very hard, to both churn through more frequent ???? rifles and get a bit of exp.

edit2: also, get your hands on S&D, J&Z 20 if you haven't already. Here are the drop tables for techs:
    http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...icle&artid=790
    http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...icle&artid=792

A mylla & youlla PB will also work wonders, much better wonders than any other PB when you're underleveled. That extra ATP for that long on however many enemies you face adds up to much more damage than one single burst on a handful of enemies.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Jun 5, 2013 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Buff and debuff EVERYTHING. Keep S&D up at all times, and zalure everything within reason. Only use Jellen on things you expect to either hit you, or could really hurt you if whether you expect them to or not. Work on stumbling multiple enemies into eachother, etc. the usual you learned on your HU except this time keeping it at range. Feel free to use a shot for this, if you have an accurate one. Pile enemies into a little ball and have at it. Also, catching enemies on terrain is always good.

And, of course, as a RAmarl one of your strengths is your techs - these never miss, and will deal damage based on a % resistance instead of a subtractive resistance such as ATP uses. So if you pile things into a ball barta can be quite handy, if they're weak to it.

And be sure to look for and keep all good special lasers with ATA - especially paralyze/freeze and demon's/devil's, plus I've heard good things about hell despite never using it myself. Charge is good too, as always. As a RAmarl spirit will be particularly useful if you can find it, but good luck with that.

edit: Also, now would be a good opportunity to hunt for anything good your ID finds in very hard, to both churn through more frequent ???? rifles and get a bit of exp.

edit2: also, get your hands on S&D, J&Z 20 if you haven't already. Here are the drop tables for techs:
    http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...icle&artid=790
    http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...icle&artid=792

A mylla & youlla PB will also work wonders, much better wonders than any other PB when you're underleveled. That extra ATP for that long on however many enemies you face adds up to much more damage than one single burst on a handful of enemies.

I use a Spread Needle and Nug2000 Bazooka for Multi enemies and ive gotten a Spirit Arms one too many times on my FOnewearl. I also use Red Mechgun and Yasminkov 3000R. And ill be doing more Very Hard online today so ill keep an eye out for ???? Rifles.

Oh cool, sounds like you've got most of the good gear you'd need.

In that case, just keep doing what you're doing. Rangers aren't exactly known for their stopping power, but instead their sustained power. A RAmarl is really balanced around having its buffs & debuffs cast on everything, so with a bit of planning and enemy grouping you can chew through most levels solo in a decent amount of time (or what I considered to be decent, anyway, but I did this offline and online enemies do have noticeably better stats - then again, you also have noticeably stronger gear).

My best advice: Get the highest S&D/J&Z you can, and cast them on everything. Well, maybe not the jellen, but definitely the zalure. Use your mag's M&Y instead of your own S&D as often as possible.

And another thing: If you happen to obtain a Frozen Shooter; use its special like there's no tomorrow. (It does hard dmg while freezing the enemy)

And if you're playing on a private server who has unlocked the combo for Snow Queen; get yourself a Photon Booster and upgrade. It always come with me on my outings.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyleo View Post
    And another thing: If you happen to obtain a Frozen Shooter; use its special like there's no tomorrow. (It does hard dmg while freezing the enemy)

And if you're playing on a private server who has unlocked the combo for Snow Queen; get yourself a Photon Booster and upgrade. It always come with me on my outings.
    Yes online enemies are a lot more powerful compared to offline, took my HUnewearl a DOuble Cannon and level 120 before I could do the caves.

Also ive had a Frozen Shooter for awhile I just dont use it very often, and what is snow queen?

It's the amped up version of the Frozen Shooter. Take what it does now, give it a better chance to freeze, give the projectile penetration, remove the combo, and have it randomly freeze you.

With a cure/freeze unit it's a great support weapon.

It takes a Frozen Shooter + Photon Booster to make, and resets the percents iirc.

Relevant:
    http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...icle&artid=302
    http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?o...54&sortby=name

It's the amped up version of the Frozen Shooter. Take what it does now, give it a better chance to freeze, give the projectile penetration, remove the combo, and have it randomly freeze you.

With a cure/freeze unit it's a great support weapon.

It takes a Frozen Shooter + Photon Booster to make, and resets the percents iirc.

Relevant:
    http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...icle&artid=302
    http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?o...54&sortby=name
    that kind of sucks, I wont make that ever... Frozen Shooter always freezes enemies and mine has 20% hit. Also I have every Cure/ Ailment to get, well except my Cure/Shock since I let a friend borrow it and he got FSOD.

have it randomly freeze you.
    Sounds worse than it actually is. It takes a good while for it to freeze you and this shouldn't be an issue since you shouldn't have that weapon out for prolonged periods anyway.

It sounds like it'd be nice in areas where you have a cure/freeze equipped anyway. I've never used one myself, never bothered getting a spare FS or photon booster.