Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default PSO2 es (android) beta resgistration opened

Hi,

Just found out that the registration is ON.

http://pso2es.jp/cbt/about/
    (there is a check box and a green button at the end when navigating with a phone or computer browser simulating a phone)

Source bumped:

Phantasy Star Online 2 es is currently taking applications for players to participate in a closed beta test. Players can sign up on their Android 2.3+ smartphones at the official site until July 16th, 14:00 JST. Players who participate in the beta test and reach level 20 in any class will receive several parting gifts for their time. Though no release date has been announced as of yet, PSO2 es is expected to launch sometime by the end of this year.
    Phantasy Star Online 2 es Closed Beta Test Details

Recruitment Period
    June 9th ~ July 16th

# of Participants
    50,000 Participants

Closed Beta Date
    Sometime in Summer

Application Requirements
    Must be a current PSO2 player
    Must own a Android 2.3+ smartphone

Recommended Smartphones
    Xperia acro(SO-02C/IS11S)
    Xperia acro HD(SO-03D/IS12S)
    Xperia GX (SO-04D)
    Xperia SX (SO-05D)
    GALAXY S II(SC-03D)
    GALAXY S III(SC-06D)

Winner Announcements
    Winners will be announced by email.

Parting Gifts
    Players with a character who reaches level 20 in any class will receive Sato Cap, Triboost+50%, FUN 500 Ticket.
    You need to register with your phone but to make it easy just install a plugin to spoof the agent user of an android phone browser with your computer (I used User-Agent Switcher
    for Chrome).

I used a galaxy s3 spoof:

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-gb; GT-I9300 Build/IMM76D) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30
    then you need to login as usual with the help of http://www.lexilogos.com/keyboard/hiragana.htm

edit: there is a software (android) to write in jap: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mphcGFuZXNlIl0.
    Last edited by Nuja; Jun 9, 2013 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    Where's the link to signup? You say to login like normal, but you mean at the ISAO site?
    here is the link: http://pso2es.jp/cbt/about/

will add it in 1st post (there is a check box and a green button at the end when navigating with a phone or computer browser simulating a phone)

yep really easy to register , thanks

so it's like a separate game but you can earn rewards for your main account right?

STAND UP TO THE VICTORY !

Quote Originally Posted by kabutozero View Post
    yep really easy to register , thanks

so it's like a separate game but you can earn rewards for your main account right?
    It seems that way, you need to reach lvl20 on pso2 es (android) and you will get rewards.

edit: there is a software (android) to write in jap: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mphcGFuZXNlIl0.
    Last edited by Nuja; Jun 9, 2013 at 07:21 AM.

well there are rewards for reaching level 20 on beta test but I thought also when game is live you would get rewards playing it?

STAND UP TO THE VICTORY !

My LG Optimus L5 will probably not be able to run it :S

i wonder if jelly bean emulated on windows would run this...
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gama View Post
    i wonder if jelly bean emulated on windows would run this...
    Yea I don't see why not.

Moved back to Utah. Goodbye, Japan... ; ;

Yeah, I just saw the newsletter in my e-mail this morning. This is awesome and all, but any word on when they'll be doing the iOS CBT?
    Aki on GC PSO, PS2 PSU: AotI, and PSP2i.

地獄へ行くの? お前が先だ!
    DC PSO veteran/The Original Duman

Quote Originally Posted by Aki_Yoruno View Post
    Yeah, I just saw the newsletter in my e-mail this morning. This is awesome and all, but any word on when they'll be doing the iOS CBT?
    It's super hard to do a CBT on Apple devices. They only way they could really pull that off on the scale they'd like is to have the client for download via the App Store for all users, then only allow entry based on SEGA ID.

While that would work, SoJ's style has always been more the other way around... with only the accepted beta testers having the client.

It also could lead to bad feedback on the app store via reviews - I imagine many would download, not read the small print, be unable to login, then get angry.

Android as a platform is lot more relaxed, so it's easier to just link someone to an app and have them download and install it.