Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Iconic to me is Capt. Falcon. Goes to show that anyone could be a character if they tried.

I thought Lucario was actually a really nice character. His balance is a bit wonky, at best, however - but his general move set feels really nice (outside of his Up+B, because it's so weird to have a purely-movement special ability on a character, without the ability to attack out of it or use it again after certain circumstances, or something).

Realistically, he'll probably get replaced with Zodiark... Or something similar from X/Y (possibly even that supposed new Mewtwo form thing). It'll kinda suck to lose one of my mains, but for a character like that, it seems like niche appeal at the time trumps them returning.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshiblue View Post
    Iconic to me is Capt. Falcon. Goes to show that anyone could be a character if they tried.
    Captain Falcon deserves his own spin-off series. Open-world action-brawler set in F-Zero's futuristic universe where you take on his actual stated non-racing job as a Bounty Hunter, with setpiece action scenes where you pilot the Blue Falcon.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    Captain Falcon deserves his own spin-off series. Open-world action-brawler set in F-Zero's futuristic universe where you take on his actual stated non-racing job as a Bounty Hunter, with setpiece action scenes where you pilot the Blue Falcon.
    A futuristic F-Zero inspired GTA clone is a game I would buy in a heartbeat.

Of course, in my head-canon I still place F-Zero and Metroid in the same universe, so since we're already coming up with crazy game ideas I'm going to assume that Samus fits in here somehow.

Any kind of futuristic GTA clone is a game I'd buy in a heartbeat. Bonus points for Tron, Star Wars, Star Trek, etc.

I'd probably love GTA if it wasn't trying to be so "realistic" i.e. not enough lasers and physics-defying mechanics treated as ordinary gameplay and transforming cars. A game that handled that sort of thing really well was Crackdown, I loved that game. So much fun just jumping and running around with cars that transformed etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    A futuristic F-Zero inspired GTA clone is a game I would buy in a heartbeat.

Of course, in my head-canon I still place F-Zero and Metroid in the same universe, so since we're already coming up with crazy game ideas I'm going to assume that Samus fits in here somehow.
    I want to Falcon Punch a Metroid. Just gotta freeze it first, somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Any kind of futuristic GTA clone is a game I'd buy in a heartbeat. Bonus points for Tron, Star Wars, Star Trek, etc.

I'd probably love GTA if it wasn't trying to be so "realistic" i.e. not enough lasers and physics-defying mechanics treated as ordinary gameplay and transforming cars. A game that handled that sort of thing really well was Crackdown, I loved that game. So much fun just jumping and running around with cars that transformed etc.
    This is part of why I loved Saints Row the Third, despite having never played the first two and having a general distaste for GTA, its clones, and numerous other sandbox and open-world games.

It specifically doesn't anchor itself to reality in any way that could harm gameplay, and it benefits greatly from it. Games anchored to reality, in either their settings or gameplay, are just outright boring in almost all cases. The entire intro mission sequence in Saints Row the Third makes it very clear what kind of thing you're getting into here, and it did not disappoint (and judging by what I've heard about the first two games, it seems like jumping in at this point probably makes for a better overall experience, anyway).
    Last edited by Kent; Jun 27, 2013 at 01:38 PM.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    This is part of why I loved Saints Row the Third, despite having never played the first two and having a general distaste for GTA, its clones, and numerous other sandbox and open-world games.
    Yeah, all I could think of is, "he should play Saints Row the Third."

I actually haven't played it myself, but people seem to like it a lot, and my understanding is you can get laser guns and a hover bike.

So, y'know... sounds pretty great.

A lot of people dislike how campy and off-the-wall insane Saints Row became (since, for those who don't know, Saints Row 1 & 2 were actually pretty serious in tone), but I didn't mind it. Having superpowers, a dubstep gun, and a bunch of other insane shit in Saints Row 4 is going to be delicious.

I hope they bring back the gun that makes a shark explode from the ground and eat the target.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Saint's Row the Third was SO much damn fun, I absolutely love that game to bits. I cannot wait for IV, it's going to be so out there and I'm gonna love every second of it. People are complaining that it should have been DLC but w/e, haters gon hate.

Saints Row: The Third is great because it's a rarity in videogames these days for a videogame to just shut up and be a videogame and not be ashamed of it. So many games these days want to be blockbuster movies or pieces of art, and there's a place for that, but those kinds of experiences being the focal point is driving the industry's production costs through the roof and promoting so much sameyness. SR3 does have a lot of that sameyness, but it feels like a videogame that's just fun to play.

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

villager and wii fit teaier = casual
    they are run ning out of chars to use from thier core franchises?

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none