Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

That´s like the only thing i liked about that Villager character.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

Quote Originally Posted by Cyron Tanryoku View Post

That is all
    This was fucking hysterical. Highlight of E3.

Oh god it even had the voop sound.

I really hope that instead of just color swaps, alternate character designs are actually new costumes. They did this with Wario and the Pokemon in Brawl, but that was pretty much it.

I'd like to see Link wearing different outfits from throughout his career, such as the Zora Armor from Twilight Princess or his knight trainee outfit from Skyward Sword. They could bring back Dr. Mario as an alternate costume for Mario. Samus could have different versions of her power suit.

Granted, with so many characters it's probably unlikely they would do that (since that exponentially increases how many character models they have to work with). Also, that would probably just open up the game to additional costume DLC (which is the worst of the worst).

On that note, I sincerely hope this game doesn't feature the kind of DLC you usually see in fighting games. I don't want to see characters locked away behind pay gates.

Last thought: do you think they've added new special move slots for each character? I can't help but wonder since it looks like Mega Man and the Villager have a lot of abilities that seem to resemble special moves. I kind of hope they don't expand the move slots; I like how simple Smash Bros is to pick up and play for newcomers and further complicating the controls will hurt that.
    Last edited by Outrider; Jun 12, 2013 at 09:29 AM.

I'm pretty sure the last SSB I actually played often did that (the GC version). It's a shame they took it out.

And yeah, unless every single kind of attack megaman does is a different ability I can't imagine they'll be part of his regular arsenal. But then again, that is kind of his trademark thing, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly what they do.

This might be Capcom testing the waters for classic-style megaman relaunch, too - which I know megaman fans would adore.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I'm pretty sure the last SSB I actually played often did that (the GC version). It's a shame they took it out.
    Unless you're thinking of the clone characters (Mario and Dr. Mario, Pikachu and Pichu, etc.), Smash Bros has never really done that with the costumes. The Pokemon will wear different hats and Wario had two different costumes in Brawl, but that's it. Everybody else just has different color schemes to their existing outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    Last thought: do you think they've added new special move slots for each character? I can't help but wonder since it looks like Mega Man and the Villager have a lot of abilities that seem to resemble special moves. I kind of hope they don't expand the move slots; I like how simple Smash Bros is to pick up and play for newcomers and further complicating the controls will hurt that.
    I kind of got the impression that they're normal and aerial moves, with some of them being special moves. I think at worst, we'd see a scenario similar to Pokémon Trainer or Zelda, except instead of switching forms, you switch out one or two of your specials for another set. The only real hole there, was the lack of any indication on the character as to which set was available, leading me to think that the former is more likely the case.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    Unless you're thinking of the clone characters (Mario and Dr. Mario, Pikachu and Pichu, etc.), Smash Bros has never really done that with the costumes. The Pokemon will wear different hats and Wario had two different costumes in Brawl, but that's it. Everybody else just has different color schemes to their existing outfit.
    Hm, I must be. I remember some reskins (particularly the gravity suit, I liked that one), but I thought I remembered a few additional accessories.

Dreams of surfing rappies NegaTsukasa's Avatar

I will play as no one, but the Wii Fit Trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    I kind of got the impression that they're normal and aerial moves, with some of them being special moves. I think at worst, we'd see a scenario similar to Pokémon Trainer or Zelda, except instead of switching forms, you switch out one or two of your specials for another set. The only real hole there, was the lack of any indication on the character as to which set was available, leading me to think that the former is more likely the case.
    Y'know, based on the video they released with Sakurai showing off the new characters, it actually looks like most of Mega Man's powers are just his smash attacks and aerial attacks.

Also his regular attack is a projectile? That's going to be... interesting.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Megaman has shoryuken...

Ryu must invade every fighting game somehow. No complaints.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.