Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Oh, I'm also curious about the miniroom.

Free players really need SOME access to the room feature. Something to customize in their off hours, or dump a single piece of furniture in here and then to free up item slots. This needs to be available to everyone very, very badly. Free players shouldn't get full access to what paying players have, of course, but free players should get at least something.

Having a tiny room that you can't expand, that becomes a potential fourth room for paying players would be great. Especially if they fully expand on the concept of additional rooms and let you rearrange their placement, letting you put the entrance on one of the side rooms or shuffle them around so they form an L shape, who knows.

Nothing's changed with rooms since launch, there are tons of customization features they could have. And this is coming from someone that doesn't even really care for rooms.

Episode 2 is going to give all players a Mini Room; it’s basically a free version of “My Room” with some limitations. So far they’ve only revealed that the mini room supports less room items than the regular version.
    http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-ar...panel-rewards/
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Super.

I guess I should go back to fully reading these update pages before speculating about what the game needs, Sega most definitely does beat me to the punch on a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardios View Post
    Spoiler!
    I figured it was something like from that one thread showing his face being greyed out.

I never got into that part of the story and am now curious.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

I just now saw this, but is that Slicers, shields, and De Rol Le?
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

It's katanas with sheathes, katanas that don't look like katanas with sheathes that look like shields, and bows.

Looks like they're bringing back sword and shield weapons as skins for katanas. Which is probably why they gave them just guard - it lets them do a two in one setup.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I miss PSZ shields and slicers...

Giant shurikens and That shield riding PA where you grind across the floor.... so rad...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I'm really completely torn. On the one hand, the de rol le feels like an uninspired knockoff and hollow gesture to try to grab the attention of PSO fans, but then on the other hand reinterpretations are part of what I love about PS and I'm fully aware that a large portion of what I liked about PS in the first place was itself a reinterpretation.

I guess I'm just disenfranchised by what they say they're doing or are trying to do, compared to the way in which they're doing it, or in spite of what they could be doing to really improve the game. Like, the new stuff is nice, but isn't what's needed to make the game great, and will of course just become more stuff we repeatedly go through like everything else already is. Extra layers of things to do don't really address the replayability that everything could have if given proper attention, because they're either ignoring it out of arrogance or aren't even aware of it.

I sound bitter and am needlessly bringing the thread down, so...sorry about that.

That said, the day/night cycle sounds pretty great, and is leaning towards the kind of replayability I say the game needs. We'll see if it winds up being a great addition, or just them cutting content into halves.

I def agree with you, I think what you're saying is true. It's great they are adding more assets and content, but they also need to fix and add game play mechanics and features as well. An example being enemy AI.

I'm not really involved with the economy in game so I don''t know what goes on there or what needs to be changed.

Oh hey, I didn't read the entire thread but what's with the halfling sized partner buddies you can make?

Quote Originally Posted by Valimer View Post
    Oh hey, I didn't read the entire thread but what's with the halfling sized partner buddies you can make?
    Support partners are like Partner Machinery from Phantasy Star Universe except this time you can set their race, gender, physical appearance, name, and class. There’s also a customization menu that lets them equip weapons, clothes, units, and weapon camos. They can assist with client orders even while the player is offline. Depending on their results, they can gain EXP, and even level up.
    http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-ar...panel-rewards/

Quote Originally Posted by Valimer View Post
    I def agree with you, I think what you're saying is true. It's great they are adding more assets and content, but they also need to fix and add game play mechanics and features as well. An example being enemy AI.
    Apparently enemies will have modified behaviours or new attacks in super hard mode, but dunno if it'll only be for a few enemies or if it'll be for all of them (I hope that it'll be for all of them, some enemies really need new attacks).
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom