Page 437 of 576 FirstFirst ... 337387427434435436437438439440447487537 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,370 of 5755

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuchira View Post
    Hi Phire,

I'm going with this build that was suggested to me for a Br/Hu Katana focused build wtih a safety net. I have been using this, but I feel like it's created somewhat of a crutch for me as far as auto-healing goes.

This build does not have a safety net.
    Isn't quickmate useless in that tree considering you have 10/10 automate which gives a 100% proc rate?
    13★デナーイ・゚・(つД`)・゚・ ウェ―ン

@Manakura: Pretty much, it's only use would be quick mate popping before 50% if you were expecting to take a huge hit from a boss, but katana counter... Or if you got hit so hard that a monomate didn't push you back for 50%. It's just one point, but, I rather just put 1 point, rather than what, 14?

@phireblast: It's not worth the hassle to most. It's only 20% stronger(yeah, I'm being lazy with math), and having to switch back and forth from a non situational stance is kinda redundant.

@rTekku: For Br/Hu I would go as a hybrid if you really wanted to use bow, and use it mostly for bossing. Br/Ra is superior at bossing most of the time, but, even with rifles and launchers, it requires more effort to kill mobs. Check out the ranger thread, "One Shot One Kill" for more info on Ra/Br stuff. You could do Br/Ra still, but anything relating to it should be in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephinix View Post
    @Manakura: Pretty much, it's only use would be quick mate popping before 50% if you were expecting to take a huge hit from a boss, but katana counter... Or if you got hit so hard that a monomate didn't push you back for 50%. It's just one point, but, I rather just put 1 point, rather than what, 14?
    To each their own, i prefer automate because i'm a firm believer that you do 0 damage when dead so in that sense survivability = Damage.
    I haven't mastered all of the bosses attacks yet, i'll probably switch to quickmate when i feel confident enough that i can dodge/block most incoming attacks
    13★デナーイ・゚・(つД`)・゚・ ウェ―ン

Quote Originally Posted by Dephinix View Post
    Massive Hunter for a Br/Hu Katana main... ok then. Counter must suck, lel.
    Counter Bonus and Healing Guard should be all the safety net you ever really need, one point in Just Reversal Cover for Iron Will proccing shenanigans.

Something similar to what I was using: http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...0jdoIb0000000j
    First, I didn't say that I was using the build with massive hunter on it.

Second, I'm quoting builds that were suggested to me. On that note, I just reached 62/43 on my Br/Hu. I have been considering counter bonus since I've gotten better using Just Guard. It's only 1 point, making it easy to factor it into a personal build at any time.

Third, there is no all-in-one safety. I would disagree with suggesting that counter and healing guard as the only go-to for that very reason.

Last, factoring lag, positioning, and player skill, 1pt into iron will (30% proc chance) is a larger gamble than any other safety nets suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by phireblast View Post
    Is weak stance not worthawhile or something?
    Weak stance is not suggested for a katana focused build since it is conditional. It's non-conditional counterpart, Average stance, is more ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakura View Post
    Isn't quickmate useless in that tree considering you have 10/10 automate which gives a 100% proc rate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakura View Post
    To each their own, i prefer automate because i'm a firm believer that you do 0 damage when dead so in that sense survivability = Damage.
    I haven't mastered all of the bosses attacks yet, i'll probably switch to quickmate when i feel confident enough that i can dodge/block most incoming attacks
    For the safety nets automate, quickmate and iron will, it's all situational and preference as you have already mentioned.

Given the number of posts you have made, I'm sure you have had enough experience to say that there have been times when you felt your hp needed a top off just in case things go south. That's where quickmate would fit in. It is my opinion that 1sp isn't that big of a deal for a lil' more survivability.

Automate is great, but as I mentioned, I feel like it's created a crutch for me. I have been getting a bit more reckless. I will often miss times when I should be defending instead of attacking. This is due to the fact that I know that if I dropped below 50% hp, I would heal up w/o any downtime.

Also, there have been times when I think: "FML, it just ate up all my dimates, when I could have just used a trimate."#personalproblems.
    Last edited by Mizuchira; Jul 22, 2015 at 05:34 PM.

For the safety nets automate, quickmate and iron will, it's all situational and preference as you have already mentioned.

Given the number of posts you have made, I'm sure you have had enough experience to say that there have been times when you felt your hp needed a top off just in case things go south. That's where quickmate would fit in. It is my opinion that 1sp isn't that big of a deal for a lil' more survivability.

Automate is great, but as I mentioned, I feel like it's created a crutch for me. I have been getting a bit more reckless. I will often miss times when I should be defending instead of attacking. This is due to the fact that I know that if I dropped below 50% hp, I would heal up w/o any downtime.

Also, there have been times when I think: "FML, it just ate up all my diamates, when I could have just used a trimate."#personalproblems.
    Where do you feel those points would be better spent, if one didn't want to rely on that crutch?

Quote Originally Posted by Cibo View Post
    Where do you feel those points would be better spent, if one didn't want to rely on that crutch?
    http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...0jdoIb0000000j

just covered the major parts of a katana build and left plenty of points leftover on both hu and br trees

if u wanted a more hybrid focused br tree then try this (bow is better on bosses technically but not all the time..like u wouldnt be doing banish kamikaze x2 on ultimate bosses (besides anga fundarge and maybe siorg) perhaps someone with more bow experience can shed more light on this

note: could remove counter bonus for 10 more satk but idk counter bonus is nice to have quick mate is still essential imo

Quote Originally Posted by Cibo View Post
    If we're talking about pure offense and katana focused, then I would recommend moving those points into Striking Up 1/2/3 maxing out the highest option first, then moving backwards. So 3 to 2 to 1.

Although, always have a contingency plan. If not you could go with that Agent Falco suggested.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Falco View Post

just covered the major parts of a katana build and left plenty of points leftover on both hu and br trees
    Personally, I'd go with the IW/Never Give Up part. You can also use Healing Guard, so that every counter you do with katana gives you some HP back. Much more rewarding to play, as it rewards you for being good...well, aside from iron will crutch. But still. To be honest, I could probably do without Quick Mate, as nice as it is.

This is more along the lines of what I do, or want to do.

If you cannot afford another hu tree dedicated as a fi sub, fury critical is acceptable and a must for making most of a fi critical build. Well if you ever decide to play fi anyway.

First, I didn't say that I was using the build with massive hunter on it.

Second, I'm quoting builds that were suggested to me. On that note, I just reached 62/43 on my Br/Hu. I have been considering counter bonus since I've gotten better using Just Guard. It's only 1 point, making it easy to factor it into a personal build at any time.

Third, there is no all-in-one safety. I would disagree with suggesting that counter and healing guard as the only go-to for that very reason.

Last, factoring lag, positioning, and player skill, 1pt into iron will (30% proc chance) is a larger gamble than any other safety nets suggested.
    I never said you did use any of the builds you posted. I was merely mocking all the safety nets that lose reason as you get better, so I would never recommend those things to someone, I would recommend my all offense build that at least has three small things going for it for the seasoned player.

The thing about counter(and Counter Bonus) is you SHOULD be using it, as often as possible. There's not reason not to unless you fear your gauge will deplete before reaching a boss, though a few Hatous should be more than enough to fill. The 1 point in Iron Will is because you shouldn't need it at all, but if you do happen to day, 1 point for 30% isn't bad at all. 10 points for 75% or whatever it is is just asking for death for a small amount of attack if you live on Sega RNG.