Page 488 of 576 FirstFirst ... 388438478485486487488489490491498538 ... LastLast
Results 4,871 to 4,880 of 5755

Pretty much stun break using Katana + KC and swap to Bow + RS when they're down.

The thing is, Guren is indeed the all-rounder XH mob killer; it's Br's best mobbing PA and even sometimes, for bossing too since it's fast/can go behind bosses and therefore evade attacks. Kanran is too weak/slow for 25pp compared to Guren for 20pp, Sakura is too slow and its AoE isn't wide enough, Kazan is too slow/consumes too much pp, etc. In fact, I don't even have Kanran on my pallete anymore on XH (I still use it for SH for trash mobs though); if I need to generate hits for KC, I do a couple of Gurens into CF. And on XH, if I need a knock down I do, Gekka instead. Guren is fast, doesn't need to charge, does good damage, closes in on enemies, you can dash with it, you can use it to evade attacks/get away from enemies, and its highly spammable, and more often than not, with good results.

Also, for some bosses like Angel, you can cheese it with Guren since after performing the PA, your character goes behind it and avoids its attacks. But generally:

Vol Dragon - Break tail with Guren spam -> BaniKami
    Falz Angel - BaniKami initially until you have aggro then switch to Katana and spam Guren.
    Dark Falz Twins/Double - If I have aggro, Guren or Hatou; if I don't have Aggro BaniKami.
    Cougar NX - Guren/Sakura/Hatou; boss is aggressive so need to JG.
    knight Gear - Hatou; aggressive boss so need to JG.
    Gal Gryphon - BaniKami or Hatou.
    Banthers - Gekka/Sakura or BaniKami
    Chrome Dragon - Hatou; moves too much and spawns enemies that get in the way of BaniKami.
    Soma - defintely BaniKami.
    Biol Meduna - BaniKami
    Dark Falz Double/Castle - use BaniKami as much as possible when immobile, otherwise Guren.
    Profound Darkness - Use Both, but especially BaniKami when stunned.
    Quartz - Hatou from front.
    Diabo - Hatou from behind.
    Ringa - if solo-ing Guren the rings to break them, then BaniKami when stunned; if in an MPA, then Hatou.
    Wolga - BaniKami
    Decol Malluda - BaniKami
    GGGunne - Katana to break parts and do whatever.
    Nepto + SideKick Guy - BaniKami if possible, if there's too much trash mobs in the way, then Hatou.
    Elder/Loser - BaniKami as much as possible, else use Hatou.
    Corrupted Rockbears - Hatou
    Corrupted Mammoths - Hatou
    Mech Banthers - Gekka/Hatou
    Guranz - Sakura
    Bibras - BaniKami, or else position yourself in front of the leg and Hatou it through to his butt.
    Spider lady - BaniKami or do whatever with Katana.

Edit:

Partially augmented list.
    Last edited by Evangelion X.XX; Feb 19, 2016 at 02:40 PM.

Guren spam is what lazy Bravers do, just like when shunka came out. People love being lazy and dealing decent damage. Why do more than decent?

Quote Originally Posted by Dephinix View Post
    Guren spam is what lazy Bravers do, just like when shunka came out. People love being lazy and dealing decent damage. Why do more than decent?
    Shunka did way more than just decent damage lol

while yes its a lazy thing to do, guren is too good in XH situations for what it does with 20pp and the shunka spam is a different story

Quote Originally Posted by Evangelion X.XX View Post
    Ringa - if solo-ing Guren the rings to break them, then BaniKami when stunned; if in an MPA, then Hatou.
    Snatch Step + Endo honestly works fine with active gear. (unless hatou does more damage idk)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    No one wants to see your Space Whale of a character doing Rodeo Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Shunka did way more than just decent damage lol
    I wasn't relating the damage, just the lazyness of holding a direction and clicking a PA. Shunka is three times better than Guren, or something like that. Guren is just decent, but sadly that's all 80% of bravers do. Guren, movement, Guren, movement, Guren, movement. 11 in a row on a Wolghada, really? I don't know anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by JCry View Post
    Snatch Step + Endo honestly works fine with active gear. (unless hatou does more damage idk)
    If it works, then that's perfectly fine too.

Usually in a MPA (PUG), the first thing I try to immediately do is to get a JG (to activate Katana Gear), then go into KC and proceed to PP dump with Hatou into CF (for Ringa); KC is good to clear the accompanying mobs and give others breathing room so they can focus on the boss. I think Hatou is particularly effective on Ringa because it has quite a few parts (so it also builds up the hits for KC quickly). However, if someone in the MPA should care to break the rings, then I do try to unload as many Sakuras as I can on the core; I won't try to BaniKami 'cause usually there's a bunch of mobs around and Ringa recovers rather quickly from his stun.
    Last edited by Evangelion X.XX; Feb 20, 2016 at 11:26 PM.

Is a Braver specialized in Bow isntead of Katana any good? (So with all gears focusd on Ratk)

Quote Originally Posted by Mio View Post
    Is a Braver specialized in Bow isntead of Katana any good? (So with all gears focusd on Ratk)
    In the past two months I've only seen talk of a bow specialized BR being useful in TAs and as a Ra/Br. Ultimately, if you're Fi/Br or Br/Hu, just focus on katana, and get the necessary bow skills on braver side. I'm working on a apprentice set for my br/hu, but even using my S attack Magatsu set with Evil Katana and Uranus, Ideal bow is hitting plenty hard, no R atk affixes other than modulator.