Page 296 of 576 FirstFirst ... 196246286293294295296297298299306346396 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 5755

I'll bet Last Nemesis is stronger (in terms of DPS) than Master Shoot on Br/Ra provided you have the opportunity to land it unimpeded. That's a big if though. Unfortunately, neither MS nor LN synergize with banish arrow as well as uncharged KA does.

Okay, REALLY late to the party here (I was taking a break from the game), but what is up with Shunka-shunran? Thing's a massive pain in the ass to use. Seems to be worse with the analog stick instead of WASD because it needs you to hold a hard direction for the attack to come out, and the timing window is more strict than the normal JA window (though that could just be my imagination/frustration).

At least it hits hard enough to justify the fact that you have zero control over what direction you're going to move in for the next attack...

Use autolock to manage where you'll go. It's a bit tough to get the hang of, but after you've gotten in the habit of having enemies lined up for following attacks it's quite a great PA.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Okay, REALLY late to the party here (I was taking a break from the game), but what is up with Shunka-shunran?
    The ways I use Shunka-Shunran with limited to no issue are:

Controller: I have it activate after a normal swing so it gives me more time to position the screen or charater then just use the left analog stick to move. I also sometimes use the lockon and that is almost foolproof way of landing everything without even trying. Lastly knocking the same analog stick back to the opposite direction of the swing then back again will keep you still but continue you to the next strike without the dash.

Keyboard+Mouse: The easiest way I find is to just hold W and move your screen with the mouse to where you want to strike. So long as you don't fly past the mob you will be golden. If you do however end up feeling like you are going to miss the desired mob or part in the next stage of the attack then either do the same as I mentioned with the controller and hit and hold the opposite directionm on WASD depending, then immediately switch back to the original direction. OR and a BIG OR, if you can time it correctly turn the camera very fast with the mouse and it might straiten out for you; either way if you do so you will either stop the dash and attack then you can keep attacking or change direction or will immediately dash in the new direction. This is as long as you catch it in time though and even then it is pretty indecisive for now.

In the end it is pretty problematic in certain areas but it's damage is crazy. I still find myself missing one of the dash-hits out of the 4 but so long as you get one of them and the last hit it's all worth it in my book though it isn't too tough to get used to.
    Last edited by Fireblac; Dec 29, 2013 at 04:26 PM.

Hmm. Well before my Br/Fo could use Higanshaku, Zondeel -> Shunka was my bnb in normal/hard mode. I just lock onto one enemy and focus all my attention on the enemies in the background, so when target enemy dies I can quickly lock onto to something else. Btw, the first and third strikes travel the most distance, I think. As for my controller, I just hold it in a direction.

First and fourth strikes are the longest distance and hardest hitting, the second and third are shorter but considerably faster (fastest if you do a side-swipe, but better vertical reach with up/down).

yeah I mean first and fourth (or final) strike. really good boss killer, I'd even put it ahead of Hatou in some situations.

Definitely. Hatou Rindou's good for shotgunning a boss, but that can be a hindrance if hitboxes are in the way. Shunka slams one target for everything it's got. Bibras' thorax is an example of where Shunka feels better for this, hitting for like 500k per attack with weak bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Definitely. Hatou Rindou's good for shotgunning a boss, but that can be a hindrance if hitboxes are in the way. Shunka slams one target for everything it's got. Bibras' thorax is an example of where Shunka feels better for this, hitting for like 500k per attack with weak bullet.
    Yes!! With wb on bibs I was doing 91k - 112k per hit with shunka.. so nice.

Characters: 綾 / マリア / ID: AyakoTakahashi / Signature by Rock Eastwood~

Ok now I am beggining my path to learning the Braver once again. With my shiney new Dual Shock 4 and some control modifications.

One thing I do like is the guard canceling. If my ping were a bit better I think I would have a blast practicing my canceling of attacks.