Page 111 of 576 FirstFirst ... 1161101108109110111112113114121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 5755

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    You mean besides how much faster things move in higher difficulties, how much more likely you are to one-shot things with that extra damage in lowbie areas, so on and so forth.
    It might just be since you have 130% from WS by like lv15 that it feels like a lot, then there's not much else you can get by the time you're in VH.

Like leveling a Ranger feels weak in the lower difficulties before your damage starts to ramp up and finally oneshot things.

Exactly. You get more mileage for your SP in lower levels, things are slower, that extra damage brings you from "probably going to one-shot" to "definitely going to one-shot," etc.

I find average stance really good once you start doing AQ's and extremes personally, but weak is still the best one overall for anything actually difficult. Both stances are great to have.

I imagine weak stance tops out when AQs reach higher risk, just due to the sheer number of infection weak points.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    Uhm...no? This is like the most absurd and misguided thing I've ever read on this forum. Double Saber gear is fine but it's not even close to the potential of Katana gear.
    No, the most absurd and misguided thing is "katana's are designed weaker because of their gear existing". Yes, they intentionally made a weapon that's equal to bows at every other star rating except 10 randomly weaker at 10 because of a gear existing. What the fuck.

Let me refer to you this picture(thank you gigawuts):
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Shiyo; Aug 3, 2013 at 10:24 AM.

I imagine weak stance tops out when AQs reach higher risk, just due to the sheer number of infection weak points.
    It really depends on the map, in ruins weak stance is the #1 stance pretty much fulltime. Mines, forest, volcano, average stance pretty much fulltime. Desert has a bunch of Gu wandas so weak stance gets a lot of use here. Obviously weak is the best for bosses, but they don't take up the majority of your time in advanced quests. We need a boss rush AQ mode ; ; Farming harmless trash in AQ's for 45 mins gets boring quick.
    Last edited by Shiyo; Aug 3, 2013 at 10:31 AM.

Yeah it completely nullifies the penalty from going full weak stance through the entire run which is awesome.

Weak is only good on bosses with a constant weak point aka, DragonEX=Face Quarts=Nose etc basically anything that allows Weak stance constant access to a weak point and therefore approachable.

Sig by Gama

i'd like to try something like this.

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/...00000f4O00000f

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

2 and 3. are ideal. They're basically just additions or expansions of what you were already doing. They don't break the flow; they accentuate it. Wand Gear really doesn't count for much on this list - it's so integral to the weapon that it'd be like making grabs on wired lances exclusive to having gear. I feel TMG is by far the laziest designed gear in the game, but in actual gameplay it's also probably one of my favorite since it simply rewards effective play. No hoops, no requirement to do 1-2-3 monotonous combos every time you touch the ground. Sometimes simplicity is the way to go, and in that regard Katanas come out on top.
    Katana gear isn't that good really... Yeah it's cool on bosses. But good gears are useful on everything at every time. Give it a manual activation that doesn't require enemies that are dead before they even notice you to attack, and it'll be good.
    Also the best gear in the game is knuckles gear.
    Once you're done laughing, think about all the PAs you spam all day long... being twice as fast.
    It's the easiest gear to fix too, just allow us to jump. Done.

Knuckle gear is so horrible that I can't even begin to describe it. Just make that the base attack speed and make gear something else, don't give us half a weapon without the gear like wands.

edit: And katana gear is useful in any situation where you can just guard - arguably more so against trash mobs, since the extra enemies you can hit with AOE will make it much easier to keep full.