Page 102 of 576 FirstFirst ... 2529299100101102103104105112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 5755

Honestly it feels like it all boils down to the stances being too SP intensive. 33 SP for 33% on charged PAs (21% non-charged, which is all non-sakura/kanran katana PAs) or 33 sp for conditional 57% on charged PAs (43% non-charged)...compare to fighter and weep.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    Ya, you're looking at 20% consistent damage increase vs conditional 50% (0% if not meeting those conditions)...
    shouldn't that be -10%?
    PSO2 characters:
    Ship 10: Huq (HU:70, RA:70, FO:70, FI:70, GU:70, TE:70, BR:70)
    Ship 02: Rizzla (HU:65, RA:40, FO:18, FI:65, GU:10, TE:00, BR:65)

It's to be assumed that weak stance is disabled unless you're stupid enough (or lazy enough, like I am half the time) to leave it on for 10 minutes at a time when not fighting bosses or large enemies.

Not exactly a great argument. Double stance builds are dead.
    I'd say Average with charged would pan out to around 23-25% at best. Both with no charge is 20% unconditional and a good 35-38% on bosses and darkers. Keep living in delusion bro.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    It's to be assumed that weak stance is disabled unless you're stupid enough (or lazy enough, like I am half the time) to leave it on for 10 minutes at a time when not fighting bosses or large enemies.
    Well it is a stance, and if it is the only one you have.. It has to be active all the time : )
    PSO2 characters:
    Ship 10: Huq (HU:70, RA:70, FO:70, FI:70, GU:70, TE:70, BR:70)
    Ship 02: Rizzla (HU:65, RA:40, FO:18, FI:65, GU:10, TE:00, BR:65)

Quote Originally Posted by Husq View Post
    Well it is a stance, and if it is the only one you have.. It has to be active all the time : )
    ... no it doesn't...

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    ... no it doesn't...
    While this is true, you certainly can't flippantly switch it on and off.

It comes down to this...Weak Stance's theoretical potential is great. Unfortunately its theoretical potential dwarves its practical potential.

Please remember we're referring specifically to Katanas in this discussion.
    Last edited by Zipzo; Aug 1, 2013 at 09:50 AM.

While this is true, you certainly can't flippantly switch it on and off.

It comes down to this...Weak Stance's theoretical potential is great. Unfortunately its theoretical potential dwarves its practical potential.

Please remember we're referring specifically to Katanas in this discussion.
    Eh, all I'm saying is that it's not like you have to keep it on all the time for normal trash enemies that you'll be able to face roll even without average stance.

personally I think the whole idea behind average stance is terrible, it literally doesn't have a downside or a condition to it outside of not being able to use weak stance at the same time, it's just a pure damage boost. Even though it's multipliers are lower it ends up being useful because it doesn't turn you glassy or nerf your damage when you hit from the wrong direction, or the wrong spot. (though I think the changes to fury stance made it have almost the same issues).

I seriously think it would have been better for average stance to only boost damage against non-weakpoints, or even decrease damage TO weakpoints but have a higher base multiplier.

I slightly agree about focusing on non-weak points, but then players get frustrated over needing to disable it on weak points.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I slightly agree about focusing on non-weak points, but then players get frustrated over needing to disable it on weak points.
    You mean like how you have to disable weak stance on non-weakpoints? I can see what you're saying and people would totally do that, but I don't like how they're sacrificing balance to make it easier to faceroll suff. At the very least I'd prefer if it's multiplier didn't work on weak points... or something to make weak stance stand out more.

On the other hand it feels like Weak stance was meant for bows and everage stance was meant for Katanas, so Zipzo is probably onto something with focusing on it with Katana builds.

Why is the only class with two good where using both stances is good fighter? :I
    Last edited by Kondibon; Aug 1, 2013 at 10:12 AM.