Page 159 of 576 FirstFirst ... 59109149156157158159160161162169209259 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 5755

+That's strange, my KC didn't get switch off when i change from my main Katana to my other katana.

Edit : Nvm, you guys mean to other weapons. Though not that i mind, cuz if i accidentally switch to other weapon during KC, it's my own fault
    anyway.

+Not sure why people mind the cool down of Katana Combat that much, 70s is cool to me for what i can do with it during the 20s. With the amount of dmg you can dish out during and after KC, lower CD to like 40s will just rack up QQ_OP

+Unbalanced PA, most classes have this so Braver is not quite alone on the matter. I still use 4 out of current 6 PAs often for various purpose so it is not all too bad, that for Katana at least. Bows PA i guess i do use pen-arrow, kamikaze, master shoot and sometimes that black holes.

+I kinda agree on the Katana gear things, it is a mixed feeling/ Bow needs something other than Step Attack

+About Hu sub, well, yea, i guess.

+We are talking about BRAVER right? And not Katana alone right? Cause actually even if you don't go hybrid, what katana lacks bow can cover that up quite well. It is kinda ironic how people like to compare Katana-alone to whole other class like Hu, Fi, Gu etc with all of their weapons while completely leaving Bows out and then they say they comparing bravers to other classes. BRAVERs use both bows and Katanas

All in all it is rather personal, while Hu is still my favorite class, Br is a close second for how smooth their smooth gameplay. Br admittedly do have some gripes that can be improved though, that i don't deny.
    Last edited by otaku998; Oct 2, 2013 at 06:08 PM.

What I meant to post hours ago but database errors stopped me:

Well, 30-40% unconditional damage is a but much, but of course any talk of balance goes out the window when compared to Hunter's bonuses. I don't want too much pooled into charging unless more katana PAs can be charged or the uncharged ones stop sucking shit.

I'd like to see AS go to 20%, but have no bonus on weak points (ASU still works, though). Then bring out the stanceless charging skill. I don't want to make WS any stronger, cause Fo/Br is going to be retarded OP, yet I still want Bravers themselves to want WS over AS in certain situations, which would not happen if the damage were comparable.

Though yeah, Hunter needs changing. I've suggested boosting PAs and Gear bonuses while removing some of the skills and increasing the damage penalty. More of it should be outside of Fury to make Guard at least someone desirable, but I don't think anything could get people to switch at this point.

About KC, idk, it feels more like a pocket nuke now instead of a stance-like thing. But that makes the skill itself not worth raising, and Combat JA lower priority than general damage bonuses. Pretty much there is no Katana Combat, only Combat Finish. Maybe it would be cooler or better to change that focus, but Braver is pretty strapped for SP so I don't think adding new Combat passives would help any.

What you guys are missing is "don't make the mistake" doesn't excuse poor design. I can come up with all kinds of ways we can apply that to other parts of the game that are currently properly designed.

Let's say chain trigger now suddenly cancels out if you shoot anything other than the target. What? It was your own mistake. Do you want Sega to compensate you for missing?

I don't praise the design, just saying i don't mind it enough in this case. I will be glad if it get fixed obviously still.

@Unlucky To me personally, KC is more like, power up yourself for 20s and then ends it with a massive 360 AoE Bang. It is strong enough for its worth of lasting just 20s/CD 70s. Though to be able to make use of its huge dmg boost through JAing during KC or not depends on the person surely. I don't really disagree with your pov, just saying.
    Last edited by otaku998; Oct 2, 2013 at 08:47 PM.

Average Stance is pretty obvious

Remove 5 - 7 sec from each level of Katana Combat

for Katana PAs just whip out the entire True Dark Slayer Style playbook

Bullet Bow needs something flashy with striking attacks, kinda like Gunner but better

Adjust Bullet Bow step attack.... PLEASE @_@

And finally we need more Ratk/Satk weapons

Well, if we get to edit the damage formula I'd rather see certain PAs operate off of satk and ratk. Anything that isn't your base, character-specific s or r atk should count towards Kamikaze Arrow, for instance. Affixes? Yes, clearly. Mag? Yes. Skills? Satk Up and Ratk Up should both count, yep.

It might need a bit of a nerf to do that, but only enough so a pure ratk character plays about the same. This would extend to lots of PAs, like the mechgun melee PAs (finally, gu/hu is feasible if you want to use melee mechguns \o/), the _____ slider PAs on rifle, and honestly seeing sonic arrow and sacred skewer get the same treatment with ratk would be ideal too.

This is all how it should've been since day one, and braver would stand to gain a bit from this (just not quite as much as other classes). Hybrids should be (A + B on a hybrid class & its hybrid moves) >= (A or B on a dedicated class), rendering its hybrid moves a bit better but its dedicated moves a bit worse. RA/HU can now use Sonic Arrow and Sacred Skewer to good effect, pure satk BR/HU can use Kamikaze Arrow with the best of 'em, GU/HU can go mechguns with a pure satk build and hit just as hard with its melee moves as a pure ratk gu/hu would with the same melee moves.

The only thing that would be at odds with this is techer, and for that you'd just need to add Zero Range Tech Advance, let Wand Gear qualify for all tech multipliers and then we'd see what happens from there.

This is also a whole lot more intuitive. All guns benefit from ratk for all their moves. All swords benefit from satk for all their moves. The blunt force moves of all weapons benefit from satk. The long distance moves of all weapons benefit from ratk. Way more sensible than the way it works now where some moves qualify for some multipliers without any indication whatsoever besides dealing too little damage.

Well, long distance Striking attacks are from physical strength. Like, you swing your sword so hard it cuts the air or creates shockwaves or whatever (photons, etc.). It's not really something a typical marksman would excel in.

Bullet kicking gun attacks are just dumb Sega nonsense where they forgot they made two separate physical stats but are trying to force them back together. They're pretty much garbage because they aren't boosted by the class's own multipliers, stats have nothing to do with it. If ZRA or WHA worked for slidy spinny pistol whipping then they would be great. If the PAs only got some extra S-Atk thrown in, they'd still be weak.

But I agree, something should be done to promote Hunter as a sub for more than just passive bonuses, as well as to curb the idea of "well you don't use these PAs for the striking part" as if you'd be no worse off doing nothing until the shooting began.

I'd just want the damage multipliers to work for everything. I mean, WHA and SS already favor Ranged attacks over Striking since it's easier to shoot weak points while staying still over jumping around with enemies at arm's length. Then these 'hybrid' moves could take an additional 50% of a secondary stat into account or 75% of both. You cannot possibly spec into both as high as a dedicated class could for a single one, especially with so much stacked in your weapon and mag, so it wouldn't reach the full 150% combined. It's the reason why an even 50/50 split is inherently gimp, all it means is you still focus on a single stat as high as you can go but then eat the 50% penalty.

Yeah, that's part of it too.

Really, the whole thing needs an overhaul.

about time
    http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21960924

He pretty much ran it how I imagine a melee Braver except I never thought of using KC as a way to travel from one group of enemies to the next in the circle. I still think Gunslash are the best vs birds. Katana dash + charging Karan is much slower than Add. bullet or Ass. Buster quick switch. I didn't think he'd use Katana vs Banther, I find Bows easier to kill it, but that's probably because I'm using the ugly shield 10* katana.

Also, I notice(from my own experience) Oodan/Aginis spawn slower(very noticeable lag) than Za oodan/Gulfs. I believe this has something to do with weapon switching.

holyshit Sange is all class and only require 600 satk!?

too good o3o
    Last edited by SakoHaruo; Oct 6, 2013 at 08:11 AM.

If they're going that route then you can expect Yasha to be allclass as well.

I hope we get slow, deliberate katana attacks that are more fitting for saber weapons. And then I hope we get the Ancient Saber, and of course the Saber Legacy (just a plain hilt when you sheathe it, and the guard effect is an oldschool PSO block energy shield effect). Then I eagerly await the Brand Legacy, etc.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaagh sega you have so many cool things you could be doing why are you not doing them aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah