Page 22 of 576 FirstFirst ... 12192021222324253272122522 ... LastLast

The real question is if it heals back the full amount it removes, even if you had less than what it removed.

So for photon flare, it removes 20% hp right? What if you're at 15% hp? It should take you down to 1 hp, correct? Would it then heal you back up to 1 + 20%?

Because if that's what happens, then this became interesting.

The reduction is based on the player's max HP, not their current HP. If someone is at 15%, they will be at 15% still, and won't gain any HP back from the effect.

I see. What if they're at 85% hp? They're taken down to 80%, then healed back to 85%?

In no scenario would Photon Flare heal you. If you use it at 85/100 HP, you'll have 85/85 HP until it wears off, when you'll then have 85/100. If you've ever received Injury from Falz Hunar, it's exactly like that.

So then it doesn't return the HP it clips off, it just removes 20% and the only way to get it back is to wait until it wears off and heal yourself?

It returns the HP it clips off, but only if you don't get hit or healed during the time frame that it's active. Damage and healing effects will prevent the HP removed from Photon Flare from restoring itself after it wears off.

Thanks for clarifying, that's what I wanted to know. So it'll restore the health that it steals if you evade attacks, which you'll want to do at 1% HP no matter what. Sounds like a more fitting mechanic for limit break than photon flare. Now I just hope they add some more bonuses to it.

I did see HalflineAbnormal, which showed a 10% boost to Abnormal something or other. It looked like a bonus to SE application rates, given that Chase Bind and Chase Advance are referred to as AbnormalBind and AbnormalAdvance. The problem there is we're looking at needing to dig deep into chase AND the limit break skills, plus slayer, and this is going to add up to a lot of SP you can't spend on the stances - which is where the real damage comes from.

That and it's just a measly 10% bonus, which a lot of new incoming skills are at this point. Hopefully they adjust some skills as needed, because 10% to SE rates only when you're below 50% hp for 10 sp is horrible. I wouldn't even spend 10 sp on 20% boost at any level of health.

Oh yeah, Halfline Slayer and Deadline Slayer shouldn't work with Sacrifice if it works like Photon Flare/PP Convert. The game will treat the 1% HP that remains after using Sacrifice as the maximum HP that the player can have, so they'll be at 100% HP still. Halfline Slayer and Deadline Slayer won't trigger unless you can reduce your HP even further, but getting hit would be fatal, and any amount of damage would prevent you from getting your health back once Sacrifice ends. If it really works like Photon Flare, Sacrifice has zero compatibility with Halfline Slayer and Deadline Slayer, unless those skills ignore the altered max HP from Sacrifice. I don't believe they would, but until testing is done, I wouldn't say that they can't do that.

Oh, was Photon Flare changed? I looked up a video since I never saw it myself, but it clipped off a portion of the player's health on activation, where they stayed at 70/100 for the entire fight.

Uploaded 9 months ago, so yeah. If Limit Break worked like that, it would definitely stack with the Slayer skills.

As for Halfline Abnormal, I have no idea. It boosts "AbnormalRate" the same thing that the new Photon Flare Tactics increases. But all the tech SE boosting skills use "ConditionRate." (actually every status inflicting skill uses "ConditionRate" like Chase Bind and traps)
    Last edited by UnLucky; Jul 8, 2013 at 01:49 PM.

Abnormal Advance is Chase Advance.

I am assuming that Halfline Abnormal increases your chance of inflicting a Status Effect when either you or the enemy is under 50% HP.