Page 445 of 576 FirstFirst ... 345395435442443444445446447448455495545 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,450 of 5755

Quote Originally Posted by Kokurokoki View Post
    Are crit builds viable with Braver? I'm using BR/HU and apparently I can run a 55% crit rate with both Average/Fury stances since they give a flat +25% crit rate each on top of the base 5% crit rate. I'm running off outdated info though so I'm not sure if the base crit rate has gone up or not.
    It's pointless unless you main FI.

Katana gear grants massive amounts of free crit rate. If you're using any rare weapon at all sans red, blue, and barely-crafted weapons, your minimum, and maximum damage will be within 10% of each other. Don't waste SP on crit skills because you're likely losing raw damage elsewhere.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    It's pointless unless you main FI.

Katana gear grants massive amounts of free crit rate. If you're using any rare weapon at all sans red, blue, and barely-crafted weapons, your minimum, and maximum damage will be within 10% of each other. Don't waste SP on crit skills because you're likely losing raw damage elsewhere.
    Does the Gear affect crit rate passively or is it only active when my character has the purple aura around her?

So I guess crit is still useless aside from fighter...? I haven't really found a 10-star that I liked, so I've been sticking to my 6-star vita weapon because it looks nice on my character.

Does the Gear affect crit rate passively or is it only active when my character has the purple aura around her?

So I guess crit is still useless aside from fighter...? I haven't really found a 10-star that I liked, so I've been sticking to my 6-star vita weapon because it looks nice on my character.
    Bonus crit only active when you have the aura.

For the most part, yes with little exceptions (Gu have a skill that supports critting too iirc).

In case you didn't know, crits deal the maximum damage an attack is capable of.

For example, your normal damage range is 900-1000. If you crit, you dealt 1000 damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Bonus crit only active when you have the aura.

For the most part, yes with little exceptions (Gu have a skill that supports critting too iirc).

In case you didn't know, crits deal the maximum damage an attack is capable of.

For example, your normal damage range is 900-1000. If you crit, you dealt 1000 damage.
    Ah I see. Well at the moment I'm still using a Vita Vastall that I maxed out on a limited budget. I was considering crits because my damage still fluctuates wildly, and would like to see more blue numbers. However I heard that once you get to level 8 for your extension you don't really have to worry too much about damage variance.

Ah I see. Well at the moment I'm still using a Vita Vastall that I maxed out on a limited budget. I was considering crits because my damage still fluctuates wildly, and would like to see more blue numbers. However I heard that once you get to level 8 for your extension you don't really have to worry too much about damage variance.
    I think that only applies to weapons that are 7* or higher to begin with, but don't quote me on that.

Either way, don't invest skill points solely for the sake of making such a replace-able weapon more effective through crits.

I am looking for gameplay advice. Here is a video I posted of my self as br/hu bow doing kuronia.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuzpXgbxGyo

Rappy Hunter

So considering Katana has Guren now, does it help make Katana more viable for Magatsu or is Katana still useless?

Quote Originally Posted by Ginganator12 View Post
    So considering Katana has Guren now, does it help make Katana more viable for Magatsu or is Katana still useless?
    more viable on knees and unbroken shoulders sure but for optimal belly beat up still useless (compared to partizan or knuckle.. moreso the former)

So since Gryphon decided to drop me his bow, I'm looking to get into Bow'ing as a BR/RA. What are some of the go-to Pa's I should be using both for bosses and uh heh "mobbing"? What stance should I main or grab both? Testing out some PA's like Last Nemesis was pretty nice and seeing vids in the past are pretty cool but I'd like to try and get into Bow'ing. Right off the bat though, I can assume the Gal Gryphon bow is bad right? or no? Possible skill tree builds would be nice so I can get an idea of where to start

Since that bow doesn't have access to the long range potential (like Gal rifle), it's difficult to use unless you get the close range potential and use point-blank PA's for damage (like Kamikaze and crafted Treat Shooter) which are very annoying to mob with, not to mention weak with ranger sub (due to striking attribute)

Skilltree-wise, Br/Ra should get weak stance and Br/Other can consider getting average stance. To be effective, it's better to put 30+ SP into Rapid Shoot instead of a 2nd stance.

From what I know of bow users though, they don't mob with it. If you do, I suggest using Penetrate Arrow, Torrential Arrow, and Gravity Point. Penetrate Arrow can be used like a mobile End Attract, and a particularly good combo for enemy clusters is Charged Gravity Point>Charged Torrential Arrow>Uncharged Torrential Arrow x2 (ignore using gravity point if gravity bomb is available, or if a party member is using suction obviously)
    For bigger targets, Chase x1~3>Uncharged Banish>Charged Master Shoot should do the trick.

Warning, none of what I said applies to Ultimate. I don't know that place.
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!