Page 542 of 576 FirstFirst ... 42442492532539540541542543544545552 ... LastLast
Results 5,411 to 5,420 of 5755

Quote Originally Posted by GrettyKunGTV View Post
    oh!! thanksThat ring is L/Katana Gear Guard R, Right??
    Oh, I seem to have misread the question forever ago. Yes, that ring, but it isn't optimal to use.

Quote Originally Posted by hhhnnnggg View Post
    Is there any reliable use for Sakura Endo T0 or is it really better to go back to regular Sakura Endo and reset the craft?

I know some pas will get buffed tomorrow but I want to know if Sakura Endo T0 is worth it as it is now.
    I talked about it before.

Without getting too deep into the numbers, yes Sakura 0 is worth, typically for the simple reason that uncrafted it's only advantage over guren tessen is just its precision, and nothing else.
    When crafted, it retains the precision niche, and offers higher dps to the point it even makes hatou 90% redundant.

There's no good reason to not craft Sakura end at this moment.

As for the PA buffs, Sakura 0 will be indirectly buffed with Gekka's coming pp cost reduction, making Sakura 0-> Gekka combos even more efficient.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Jul 25, 2017 at 05:03 AM.

Isn't Guren weaker still compared to Sakura T0 > Gekka, not including normal attacks? Like two Gurens is a tad bit weaker than Sakura Endo > Gekka? Assuming you have a charge skill for the 2nd hit of Sakura T0. I remember comparing their damage, pp use, and frames with eachother. Using Guren twice and using Sakura T0 with Gekka should both net 40pp, adding a 3rd normal attack will be same frames and pp recovery for both combos. Same, close, I can't remember, but if anyone can correct me, please do, it's been a while.

What is the best way to dash with a katana?

Ive been doing guren > normal attack > step > repeat but the normal attack moves me backwards and Im fairly certain thats not optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    if you can't even pass solo pd with it, that means 1 or more of a few things:
    -your stats are low
    -you spend too much time waiting to parry and not damaging between double/pd attacks
    -your craft's PP cost is too high (should shoot for +0 to +2 no higher)

you are right that sakura0 gekka normal is slightly lower dps than guren spam, but it gives 30% more damage per pp, so it's still better because it can be sustained for longer.
    Thank you.
    My stats are fine, I got all damage skills on Br and Hu maxed, just not any s-atk on Hu (Flashguard instead). 200 s-atk mag, 100 s-atk on units and I was using a 120 atk / 10pp Kazehana.
    I could get more atk on affixes or s-atk on hu but that would not add more than a few %. And my Sakura T0 craft has +1pp.

But I will try the Sakura > Gekka > 3rd Normal combo.
    My main problem was probably using Kazehana, It seems to be quite weak compared to Zeinesis. I was doing like 30% less damage than usual when the damage should be the same (meaning Kazehana pretty much just adds 40% damage resist). From regular PD I don't remember it having massive def that results in doing a lot less damage than usual either, so somehow the potential seems to not work correctly.

BTW, is there a way to deal with double moving nonstop? I needed over 7 minutes cause double used so much it frequently retract a leg after I hit with Guren's dash but before the slash, so I lost a lot of damage.
    Though needing 2-3 minutes longer for Double still shouldn't have made me time out. Can Katana Braver s-rank solo pd? What's the time limit for S-rank, I heard something about 7 minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyumi View Post
    What is the best way to dash with a katana?

Ive been doing guren > normal attack > step > repeat but the normal attack moves me backwards and Im fairly certain thats not optimal.
    The easiest one to execute is guren > guard > guren or guren > guard > dash > guren based on preference.

Guren > LA > dash > guren is a bit faster but is a bit tighter on the timing. You still need to learn guard cancel because you can't LA cancel in the air iirc.

The fastest one is tech>guard cancel but it's mostly a Te/Br thing. Other classes can perform it with that 12* with innate Ilzan but it's way less sustainable.
    Last edited by escarlata; Jul 26, 2017 at 07:35 AM.

Calling out Bellion, milranduil, Maninbluejumpsuit and Z-0 for broken-tier Katana bossing tips, post-EP V!!

Is Asagiri-rendan and Hien-tsubaki better than the late-EP IV "bread-and-butter" combo: Sakura-endo [Type-0] -> Gekka-zakuro -> Third Normal Attack?

Or, is Guren-tessen still the only way to achieve prosperity for (Katana) Braver? Because Tsukimi-sazanka, Kanran-kikyou and Hatou-rindou lost their shine, thanks to the introduction of XH difficulty (along with the Guren).

Also, what about Shunka-shunran and its goofy animations and hit properties?! Is it true that SEGA reverted it back to its golden EP III days, or nah?
    Last edited by Raid_Hirsh; Jul 27, 2017 at 07:32 PM.
    BraverBoyZ5 (Ship 02: Ur)

Main Class: Lv. 80 Techer
    Sub Class: Lv. 80 Braver

Other Classes: Lv. 75 Hunter, Fighter, Ranger, Gunner, Force, Bouncer, and Summoner.

Hien is still bad. Shunka is still bad (though the best dpp by far).

Asagiri is actually good now. It has better dps and similar dpp to sakura-0 -> gekka -> third normal.
    This also means it's better than guren in dps and dpp.
    The only problem is no super armor and shitty range.

Tsukimi is still good, and it's been good. Dunno what you're thinking about.

Don't believe me if you want, but I'm not wrong.

Haha, my apologies for the melodramatic opening statement, Reilet! Those select individuals came to mind, since they religiously keep up with the current meta-game for the Braver class.

With that being said, you're right! It seems like the general consensus for Asagiri-rendan is that it's indeed the new optimal bossing PA, as for as DPS and D:PP goes. Therefore, I'm guessing that Asagiri -> Asagiri -> Asagiri is the way to go? Or perhaps Asagiri -> Asagiri -> Third Normal Attack could be better for squeezing out an extra Asagiri (or two, if not -- three)?

All for all, I'm just glad that my favorite Katana PA is viable now! Hopefully, Hien-tsubaki gets the same treatment in the near future with a snazzy [Type-0] variant~

Other Classes: Lv. 75 Hunter, Fighter, Ranger, Gunner, Force, Bouncer, and Summoner.

I would only use asagiri when you know you'll get all the hits in. Sakura + gekka + third is still good since it's fast to get all of it's damage out.

So whenever you can reliably use asagiri, use it. It's 103 frames long.

Don't mind my snarky remark. It's just something that bugs me about these forums.
    Last edited by Reilet; Jul 27, 2017 at 11:10 PM.

Perhaps I'll still use Sakura-endo -> Gekka--zakuro -> Third Normal Attack for mobile bossing; whereas, I'll use Asagiri-rendan 3x when the boss is either stationary or in a "stunned" state.

With that all being said, thank you for the current information regarding Bravers in EP V; I really do appreciate it~