Page 56 of 576 FirstFirst ... 6465354555657585966106156556 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
    Yes, Fury Stance and Average Stance stack.
    However, you really shouldn't max out Average S Critical and Average S charge.
    Critical skills are generally worthless, even moreso for Katana since you already have Katana Gear.
    Average S Charge doesn't benefit Katana at all.

You better put 1sp in Rapid Shoot and weak stance at 10.
    I just want to point out that this may change in the future. There are critical-related skills yet to be released for braver, doing things such as what appears to be restoring up to 10 PP when you deal a crit.

So that may wind up being a very very useful skill for the PP recovery plus its small amount of damage gains.

Unfortunately, due to the high dex values a lot of us will have as braver, crits will result in a pretty low dps gain, but between the base crit rate, the crit skill off hunter, and the crit skill off average stance you're looking at a ~50% critrate (both skills are 20%, I believe the base rate is 5%, 1.05*1.2*1.2=1.512). Even without knowing the details, if even one crit per PA refunds 10 PP that's still cutting most PA costs by a third.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Because I was testing it before at 0 block full I did 103-109 off a JG when I had like almost 2 box I did like 130-140.

having 3 blocks or so wth some of the bottom bar filled or somewhat full grants you the aura its doesn't have to be 75% full to get it.

I still say just get a full gear anyway and JG for more duration.

EDIT: Also with a full fledged Gear I hit for 300 after.

No stances either.
    Ah I see. I thought you were reffering to the damage boost of the purple aura, not the just counter's.

But seriously, considering where you need to get and how the very beginning of the gear, just like sword gear, fills super slowly for some reason, it really does take 75% of a full gear.

Edit: Actually, this part of the bar gear that fills slowly is probably the reason why you can stay in katana gear a for a little while, when your gear bar's completely empty. There's apparently a part that's not shown to us for some reason.

Also, that's more of a detail, but even though a just counter granting you the aura fills the gear bar a little more if it wasn't full, that bonus doesn't happen if you aren't beyond the activation mark in the first place, so... no tricking the game on this one.
    Last edited by Cyclon; Jul 19, 2013 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclon View Post
    Ah I see. I thought you were reffering to the damage boost of the purple aura, not the just counter's.

But seriously, considering where you need to get and how the very beginning of the gear, just like sword gear, fills super slowly for some reason, it really does take 75% of a full gear.

Edit: Actually, this part of the bar gear that fills slowly is probably the reason why you can stay in katana gear a for a little while even though your gear bar's empty. There's apparently a part that's not shown to us for some reason.
    Also, that's more of a detail, but even though a just counter granting you the aura fills the gear bar a little more if it wasn't full, that bonus doesn't happen if you aren't beyond the activation mark in the first place, so... no tricking the game on this one.
    I never had a problem building gear for Katana granted Katana's fast attacking animations and how it flawlessly hits multiple enemies with just regular attacks its pretty much the only way to build gear.
    Also yeah I noticed that at full gear and activating the aura and when its about to go away it somehow still stays on I have no idea how either which is quite odd.

Sig by Gama

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I just want to point out that this may change in the future. There are critical-related skills yet to be released for braver, doing things such as what appears to be restoring up to 10 PP when you deal a crit.

So that may wind up being a very very useful skill for the PP recovery plus its small amount of damage gains.

Unfortunately, due to the high dex values a lot of us will have as braver, crits will result in a pretty low dps gain, but between the base crit rate, the crit skill off hunter, and the crit skill off average stance you're looking at a ~50% critrate (both skills are 20%, I believe the base rate is 5%, 1.05*1.2*1.2=1.512). Even without knowing the details, if even one crit per PA refunds 10 PP that's still cutting most PA costs by a third.
    And don't forget the crits provided from Katana gear via Aura my god the crits under that is insane.

Sig by Gama

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    I never had a problem building gear for Katana granted Katana's fast attacking animations and how it flawlessly hits multiple enemies with just regular attacks its pretty much the only way to build gear.
    Also yeah I noticed that at full gear and activating the aura and when its about to go away it somehow still stays on I have no idea how either which is quite odd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A62g2...iFTMwYqlkBELHg
    Yup, it builds up real fast. I have to say though, against some of the more evasive bosses, not only is it hard to keep the aura for long, but when it's off, you also cannot JG at wish, since it'd waste your gear(which is harder to fill in that situation), so you have to dodge instead. That's a little drawback I guess.

It doesn't make JG worthless as I anticipated earlier though, I can say that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclon View Post
    Yup, it builds up real fast. I have to say though, against some of the more evasive bosses, not only is it hard to keep the aura for long, but when it's off, you also cannot JG at wish, since it'd waste your gear(which is harder to fill in that situation), so you have to dodge instead. That's a little drawback I guess.

It doesn't make JG worthless as I anticipated earlier though, I can say that much.
    I will say this the Kanran-Kikyou katana PA, during Katana Gear Aura mode if you use that PA on mobs throwing in a reg atk after each use you can pretty much have infinite gear the gains from that PA alone is insane.
    Last edited by Zenobia; Jul 19, 2013 at 10:39 AM.

Sig by Gama

This just happened

Spoiler!

(edit: yes, it was with combat finish)

Tree & Stats
    Spoiler!

Now give that the gear buff and you're looking at another 50% damage on top of all that, plus weak stance which I don't even have and it's another 43% damage. Do want.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Jul 19, 2013 at 10:48 AM.

Can not wait to get my Duman up there she is lvl 26 with HU lvl 12 gonna be awhile. Some sweet damage there to say you don't even have a single point in average stance wtf?

Sig by Gama

Yeah, I don't see the stances as worth it unless you're pooling in to max them. 1 sp gets you 1% for average, and 3% for weak. I really can't be arsed with that. I'll get around to those in around 10 more levels.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    This just happened

Spoiler!

(edit: yes, it was with combat finish)

Tree & Stats
    Spoiler!

Now give that the gear buff and you're looking at another 50% damage on top of all that, plus weak stance which I don't even have and it's another 43% damage. Do want.
    So what's your method? Asagiri rendan over and over? Or Ein tsubaki perhaps.

(also how come your game can show 6 digit damage and mine cannot...?)

Anyway, pretty impressive. Eh, maybe someone will reach the million with that thing.

Edit: Ah, just saw the Namegid topic. Well, that's nice.
    Last edited by Cyclon; Jul 19, 2013 at 11:34 AM.