Page 62 of 576 FirstFirst ... 12525960616263646572112162562 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Narrillnezzurh View Post
    Keep the one and build a split S/R-atk/DEX mag. The first point is 30%.
    Yeah, thats kind of where I was leaning toward, minus 1 SP, but eh, I think I'll be fine if I re-evaluate things.

Going Katana build so guess I'll build a split S-Attack/DEX MAG, which is kind of what I was already going towards anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryock View Post
    There were a number of Agitos in the original PSO. All of them were fake ones and some had slightly different stats than others... except for one. If you were lucky enough to find the version that had a description of "AUW 1975", then you found the real one. The real one could then be turned into the Oritiagito. The Oritiagito wasn't very practical for a weapon, but it was really neat, as it was a very long katana with the ability to shoot sword waves out when you attacked with it. It also happened to be a very powerful single target hitting sword. As for finding it right now... it looks pretty damn good, considering it's all class, and has a considerable amount of s-atk. So yeah, I'd say finding it right would be pretty damn sweet.
    ah, thanks for the info. sounds like they nerf the hell out of the PSO2 version. I thought Katana was going to have some type of wave projectile PA similar to speed rain with more range. well at least I don't have to see /toge getsuga tenshou every second during quest.

You can never say, we still lack 3 rare PAs for Katana and Bow atm. One of those might be Getsuga tenshou www

Quote Originally Posted by Narrillnezzurh View Post
    You'll get the most combined S/R-atk from a split S/R-atk mag with no DEX. Plain and simple, that's the highest amount of combined S/R-atk you're ever going to get, and every point of DEX you put on your mag decreases that amount. Braver Mag, though it may look like it allows you more S/R-atk, actually does nothing more than lessen the penalty for putting DEX on your mag, eventually reaching the point that there is no penalty - you're essentially paying 5 SP for 175 DEX.

The tough answer is that no one knows exactly how DEX works, so no one really knows whether 175 DEX is worth 5 SP.
    This is unstudied advice.

It has been proven that 1 point of ability is near equal to 1 point of S-ATT and R-ATT. Therefore you can think of it like a lvl 175 Mag with 175 Ability giving you ~260 S-ATT or R-ATT (depending on whether you use Bow or Katana but you get both anyway).

What the general population isn't fully sure of is the ability cap, which would mean that maxing BM might put you dangerously close to the theorized 400 when combined with weapon ability modifiers and your characters base ability. It's postulated to be at around 90% of your weapon damage on the other hand.

I'm not sure if you can read 日本語 or not but here's some of the research. It's been given plenty of testing that's for sure...

http://pso2wiki.net/ダメージ計算

More importantly...

Has anyone been able to get any mileage out of Katana using anything other than Sakura? To me the Katana is a pretty damn sub-par weapon because of a horrid lack of viably good PAs. It's like fighter vers.2 except not with Deadly Archer.
    Last edited by Zipzo; Jul 20, 2013 at 02:42 AM.

Hm. DEX talk needs to be discussed clearer to everyone. It's hazy to me too @_@
    I'm working on a fanfic!
    Click here to check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by ARChan View Post
    Hm. DEX talk needs to be discussed clearer to everyone. It's hazy to me too @_@
    It's quite simple.

Ablity (or dex as everybody calls it) raises your damage floor, ultimately lowering your damage variance in a positive direction.

For a rough example, let's say you do 450 damage with foie, and sometimes you deal 470 damage. Sometimes lots of numbers in between but your noticeable lowest is 450 and your noticeable highest is 470.

Given the presence of ability, you can raise you lowest from 450 to 455. This means your lowest possible damage will then be 455 instead of 450, but your highest will still be 470.

This means that you are hitting for a higher low end amount when your variance falls on the low side, instead of your original 450, which is an increase to your overall damage in the same way that simply increasing your damage ceiling (S-ATT & R-ATT) is.

If there were no damage variance then only S-ATT and R-ATT would give you damage increases, but because of variance, ability is able to be calculated as a DPS increase in the same exact vein.

what i know about dex is that when you are lacking 2 damage to oneshot stuff with crits, it won't help you at all
    that's all i need to know to never invest into it
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

So... katana combat 1-10 do only affects cd time or it does affect the damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinel View Post
    So... katana combat 1-10 do only affects cd time or it does affect the damage?
    Only the cooldown time

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    what i know about dex is that when you are lacking 2 damage to oneshot stuff with crits, it won't help you at all
    that's all i need to know to never invest into it
    what i know about crit is that the base rate is ~5%, so I can't rely on crit damage to oneshot anything.

if, on the other hand, 90% of my crit damage reliably oneshots stuff, but my variance is such that my minimum damage is 85% of my max, further Atk stats cannot ever guarantee a oneshot, but dex can.