Page 63 of 576 FirstFirst ... 13536061626364656673113163563 ... LastLast

well, when i said when you are lacking 2 damage to oneshot stuff with crits then i actually meant it you know
    i've yet to be in a situation where dex would actually help me
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    well, when i said when you are lacking 2 damage to oneshot stuff with crits then i actually meant it you know
    i've yet to be in a situation where dex would actually help me
    Just because you can't visibly notice the higher numbers as easily as you can S-ATT or R-ATT doesn't mean it isn't helping you. In fact it's helping you just as much as both of those stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    Just because you can't visibly notice the higher numbers as easily as you can S-ATT or R-ATT doesn't mean it isn't helping you. In fact it's helping you just as much as both of those stats.
    unless dex magically also adds to the upper limit of the damage it won't ever help in the case i've described
    P S O W

I think raising the damage you deal every single time you attack is worth considering.

Raising your maximum damage increases the likelihood of oneshotting enemies because your damage has a higher chance to be more than the target's HP.

Raising your minimum damage increases the likelihood of oneshotting enemies because your damage has fewer chances to be less than the target's HP until a point where oneshots are absolutely guaranteed 100% of the time.

Only caring about your crit damage, which happens very rarely, is ridiculous.

What the general population isn't fully sure of is the ability cap, which would mean that maxing BM might put you dangerously close to the theorized 400 when combined with weapon ability modifiers and your characters base ability. It's postulated to be at around 90% of your weapon damage on the other hand.
    I'm well aware of the theorized worth of DEX, but unless you can tell me for certain that none of the 175 DEX you get from 5/5 BM is being wasted, I can't say BM is worth five points. I won't say it isn't, but I won't say it is.

BM is worthless 84 satk ratk is crap , not worth 5sp

yeah totally
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

Has anyone been able to get any mileage out of Katana using anything other than Sakura? To me the Katana is a pretty damn sub-par weapon because of a horrid lack of viably good PAs. It's like fighter vers.2 except not with Deadly Archer.
    I've just stumbled into VH, so I'm only now getting an idea of what's balanced for higher difficulties, but for the most part what I've used since normal is pretty powerful.

The 4 main PA's that I use are hientsubaki, kanrekikyou, sakura end, and asagiri rendan. (I have no idea how most of these names are supposed to be spaced so I just don't bother)

The first two are very effective when trash mobbing. Hientsubaki is nice damage at a nice, spaced range - but it's also very good for boss crunching. It's good at dipping a bit into a boss, or just hitting the boss at a bit of a distance. Kanrekikyou is brilliant for its knockdown and speedy application. Against a few instagibbing clones it was very effective at keeping everyone from being zonded to death.

Sakura end is good in a lot of situations. It's a really good follow up after kanrekikyou and is generally very versatile, as everyone knows by now.

Asagiri is a great way to dish out a ton of damage on one target that's an annoying distance away, or even right in your face. If it overshoots its mark it will still hit in a small area behind you, which is brilliant and needs to be applied to other PA's (cough grapple charge cough).

I haven't touched the other two PA's since normal, but intend on experimenting again today. Either way, all of these are pretty good moves for most situations.

More importantly...

Has anyone been able to get any mileage out of Katana using anything other than Sakura? To me the Katana is a pretty damn sub-par weapon because of a horrid lack of viably good PAs. It's like fighter vers.2 except not with Deadly Archer.
    Yes, I agree. Braver feels like it has a horribly lackluster set of attacks. I've been spamming Sakura End with Katanas, and Master Shoot / Kamikaze Arrow with bows, and that's about it. Unlike other weapons which are just spam 1 PA all day everyday, these PAs are not highly effective imo (although Shoot is pretty good for single target DPS).

I'm not liking how Braver is fleshed out at all. Combat Finish can only be used once every 90 seconds, and Rapid Shoot is just a PP Regeneration device which can only be used once every 90 seconds (lol). Other times, I feel like I'm really subpar, considering Sakura has low range, the good AoE is hilariously weak (although I use it to knock things over), and Bow isn't good at any sort of AoE from what I can tell (Gravity Point can gather but... eh).

But anyway, I'm not impressed with Braver at all. Feels like more flash than substance.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    I think raising the damage you deal every single time you attack is worth considering.

Raising your maximum damage increases the likelihood of oneshotting enemies because your damage has a higher chance to be more than the target's HP.

Raising your minimum damage increases the likelihood of oneshotting enemies because your damage has fewer chances to be less than the target's HP until a point where oneshots are absolutely guaranteed 100% of the time.

Only caring about your crit damage, which happens very rarely, is ridiculous.
    yeah yeah

katana gear
    P S O W