Page 71 of 576 FirstFirst ... 21616869707172737481121171571 ... LastLast

Sakura is good for damage right here and damage right now, but not in the widest area and with no other utility (knockdown, particularly strong flinch, holding you in the air, etc.). Other PA's fill the gaps that sakura has. This is how it is with every class.

I guess a big argument had to erupt out of something sooner or later.

Because I'm tired of people who keep bringing up Sakura's range as a disadvantage to the PA...I decided to take some lovely pictures.

Three Pictures. Enemy : Green Box.

First one showing the angle from on top to give a sense of relative distance.

Second one showing the distance to the box from a slightly different trajectory.

Third one showing me connecting and destroying the box with the PA right from where I'm standing, no movement, just charging it and letting it go. I even felt like I was a bit too close and I could have moved back. Also, luckily in the third picture, the screenie happened at the perfect time because you can actually visibly see the scytches from the PA, as it shows a perfect representation of just how massive and wide the frontal range of Sakura is.

Boom. Anyone else want to act like Sakura has no range? Didn't think so. *drops microphone

Now do that behind you without having to use it a second time and knock down enemies with it too.

Oh.

Right.

Can't compete.....

@Gigs can I have that PA you just described?

Sig by Gama

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Now do that behind you without having to use it a second time and knock down enemies with it too.

Oh.

Right.
    It's called positioning. You can do this in such a way where you hit all the mobs because of Sakura's awesome range. Not to mention Kanran does like 1/2 the damage...
    Last edited by Zipzo; Jul 20, 2013 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Can't compete.....

@Gigs can I have that PA you just described?
    yeah it's called kanrekikyou or something like that
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    It's called positioning. You can do this in such a way where you hit all the mobs. Not to mention Kanran does like 1/2 the damage...
    right, you're missing my point here

you don't use a large AOE knockdown move for damage, you use a large AOE knockdown move for its knockdown and its large AOE

they're different moves

why does this happen in every thread

why

why can't people just go "some stuff is different and that is okay"

shit, you all don't even have to say the "and that is okay" part you have to acknowledge that some shit's good at different shit

I dunno, it seems like an AoE knockdown isn't necessary when an AoE oneshot could be used instead.

I didn't realize everyone was oneshotting every enemy in the game with sakura, my bad.

Ahhh Karan-Kikyou yeah thats it is def a good AOE move I actually follow that up with a Hien-Tsubaki then Sakura-Endo nice PA combo.

@Giga yes it one shots LOL! Nothing wrong with using PA combos though!

Sig by Gama

Kanran = Killing numerous small monsters
    Sakura = Killing single strong stuff.

Is it really that complicated?