Default Anyone else experiencing CPU usage overload?

Was surprise while playing PS02 today, sudden CPU usage up to 90-100% unable to play smoothly. Try to close the PS02 client still unable to reduce the CPU usage. In Task Manager found out PS02.exe still running at 75% while gameguard 0-15 % both unable to force to close it, which have to shut down/restart.
    After that I try to check the game client files download 3 files and start the game still the same result. What could have happen?

Try doing a file check, I get this issue after updates lately and a file check fixes it.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Try doing a file check, I get this issue after updates lately and a file check fixes it.
    Well I did the file check but still same thing happen.

ok now see to be fix have to files check 5 times

Well today it started again that even files check seem not working at all that lead to delete gameguard folder along with gameguard.des and restart the games and it stable wont go 99-100% CPU usage. Not sure about tomorrow.
    Last edited by Taurus83; Jun 21, 2013 at 03:32 AM.

I'm getting the almost the same problem myself, the game occasionally spikes at 100% CPU usage and causes some micro-stutters but not enough to render the game unplayable.

However the PSO2.exe will not properly close down (along with Game Guard) and continue to run in the background until I manually force them to shut down in the task manager (image below)

Everything was fine for me until the update on the 19th. I've done file checks myself and even refreshed Game Guard but to no avail. Perhaps the next update will fix this?

Or as anyone else figured out a way to sort it out?
    Suteneko (PSO2 Japan - Ship: 10)

Yup, file check seems to be doing little for me this time too.

Sega must really not want us playing their game.

That explains why my game was stuttering so terribly last night. Still no idea why pso2 screws with my scheduled tasks though.
    PSO2 Characters

Kais (Male CAST) Ship 9 Hu62 Fi46 Ra53 Gu65 Fo6 Te1 Br36
    Lilith Reiger (Female Deuman) Ship 9 Hu42 Fi1 Ra1 Gu1 Fo20 Te45 Br56

Are we alive or just breathing?

I usually get this issue after i restart my computer but not after every update, my game gets very choppy and 100% usage on my 2 core (yes i have only a dual core) and stays that way for a while until it wants to clear itself up of the issue.

I've done a bit of experimenting into when and where I am getting the CPU spikes and it appears they start to appear in the main lobby and then pretty much vanish during normal in game mission fields.

I also noted that if I load up PSO2 and then cancel out and quit before ever reaching the lobby I do not have any issues with the pso2.exe file not closing.

So I decided to try something and disabled in game video playback from the in game options and after quitting and restarting my PC it seems the issues have subsided for the couple of times I have tried logging in running around the lobby for a bit and exiting the game. I will keep an eye on how it goes over the next few days with normal playing and report back.

It seems it is possible that the Kuna event and the background video pso2 needs to download in the background is causing the issues for people like me with not the most reliable or speediest internet connections.
    Suteneko (PSO2 Japan - Ship: 10)