Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Yeah, I think the servers should be changed back. Legit people who backup their character for BSOD prevention (using a method that Sega themselves recommended, mind you,) get screwed over by the server change. Who really cares if people dupe items? It doesn't ruin the game any. If you hate running around seeing everyone and their mom with a Spread Needle, go play a private game with your Saber+1 or whatever. For those who wish the servers to remain in the state their in, just remember this: When you're sitting down playing PSO having the most awesome time of your life with your cool weapons and your power goes out, or the servers go down and you get a BSOD and you cannot save your game even though you unplugged your cable. You log back into PSO online to check your inventory and see that ALL YOUR ITEMS are gone. ALL the stuff in the bank is gone. Thanks to you not signing the petition, you can't restore from a backup, and thus you're screwed. Have fun beating things up with your fists and no armor. You're gunna have to rack up some meseta to even buy anything. Fun!
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

Whine whine whine...
    First you want know duppers... We do that...
    now you bitch becuse we did...
    Theres no making some people happy!
    By all means call 1800 usa sega and complain.

Heh, easy come easy go. (:

On 2001-03-06 18:42, katastrophy wrote:
    Sorry Ambrai but i'd rather prevent duping and backup saves because if your character got erased then God must have wanted it that way.[addsig]
    My son, speaking for me is a sin and I suggest you refrain from doing it in the future.

Aside from that. All Sega staff will be going to hell!

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Ambrai on 2001-03-07 08:18 ]</font>

right on phantasy! Listen to her shes a goddess!

If this prevents duping at the least from one person, I think it's worth it. If it doesn't have any effect on it, I'd rather have it the way it was before.

I have 280 hours logged on my character and I never have and don't plan on using a backup. I've had my VMU pop out, my dreamcast shut down, reset itself, line get dropped, and black screened. I have never faced a corrupt file, only the loss of unequipped items a while back.

If Sega doesn't want you to use backups, that's their perogative. If you don't support it, don't play.

Ok some added notes for you all.

1) Due to new game shark (whatever its called) codes that were released, players can now INSTANTLY

-Dupe items online or offline
    -Change their save time
    -Change their char name
    -Modify each stat on char and mag individually

That alone makes this a useless change towards the war on duping.

After I found the work around, it lessened the severity of the issue but something still remains.

Sega just stated that they are willing to screw the players they are trying to protect to stop cheaters.

Playing as Keahi on Phantasy Star Portable 2 - US Version.

Why don't we just make a private server? I believe I read an article a while back on how you can do it for PSO. If we could pull it off that would kick soo much ass.

Hehe BTW nice work Ambrai, playing your char till you have more time on the backup is ingenius, and it shows how little thought sega put into their little plan

game shark has not released codes for pso. Hate to disapoint you.