Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Land of OZ I think? ... or did that tornado take me elsewhere?

The base meseta cost of grinding a weapon is around 13k
    This weapon requires three grinders to attempt a grind
    Cost is 13500 per grind and uses 4 grinders not 3
    The Creator of Syncesta!

I wish they would add Digrinders that could grind 7 star to 9 star Weapons to +20, so people can make the weaker 7~9 * weapons alot stronger.
    (Other than only adding s-attk via Power I~III, or if super lucky and by small miracle, somehow affixing with Power IV.)
    I wish every PSO-World member playing PSO2 would have this outlook/attitude:
    "I'll be honest: I'm a man of simple pleasures, and as long as I get to stab the blazes out of something, I'm pretty content."
    Tactlessness is ugly, willfull ignorance and bigotry is even uglier

This is all fine and dandy, but all this math is useless to 99.999% of the playerbase.
    11* weapons are solely for the purpose of occasionally seeing someone else holding in the lobby and making you feel bad about yourself. 12* may as well not even exist, lol.

Re: skip-to-+7 item
    I never bothered with the recycle shop for things like that. Does any AC scratch item count or is it clothes/parts only?
    Last edited by Macman; Jun 25, 2013 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    This is all fine and dandy, but all this math is useless to 99.999% of the playerbase.
    11* weapons are solely for the purpose of occasionally seeing someone else holding in the lobby and making you feel bad about yourself. 12* may as well not even exist, lol.

I never bothered with the recycle shop for things like that. Does any AC scratch item count or is it clothes/parts only?
    yeap any AC scratch item. The reason many suggested clothes/parts was because among AC scratch items, those are the cheapest.

+7 skip is only worth it if you are grinding 11s and 12s, since the chance to fail grinding with those weapon is high, add on also the higher number of grinders required, and meseta cost for each grind. For 10s I usually can get it to +8 under 500k meseta, so +7 skip is not worth it there

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Any.

Also, I'm sure once 11*s become the norm, AC outfits are gonna go up in price because of that skip +7 item in the recycle shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

i still can't wrap it around my head as to why an item worth 40$ of AC scratch items doesn't even lock out the item grind going below +7
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled_Gundam View Post
    I would say it's cheaper than trying to +7 thru normal method if you include the grind protect, since you will not be sure how many attempt to +7 will end up in failure.
    If 1.6m is cheaper than the average to get to +7, then by all means it's worth using. It'd be interesting that +7 for 11* and 12* weapons would be more costly than getting to +10 on a 10*. For comparison, a 10* weapon getting to +7 takes an average of 200k. Jumping up nearly an order of magnitude is pretty surprising!

If it's pretty close, then it might as well be worth going to +7 just for convenience alone.

Another edit. Decided to look at the 10* weapon rates, and use the general patterns to craft a path from 0 -> 7 based on any patterns I can infer from that.

10* table:

Some important patterns to note:
    1. When a grind fails, the least punishing penalty is the most common result
    2. The minimum penalty is at most two risk away from the greatest penalty
    3. When there's a new jump in risk, it's a very low chance to start out with.

With that in mind, I tried making a hypothetical set of rates for an 11* weapon, following the pattern with the above and the vague descriptions listed ingame.

Hypothetical numbers:
    Spoiler!

Now, that's probably optimistic guessing of rates, for an 11* weapon, 13.5k base cost, and 4 grinders, and it gave ~1.26m for a total cost to get to +7.

So, at the least, there's a possibility of being able to save money on average, with an 11*. Doesn't look like a 12* will be able to beat a +7 ticket, since the damn thing goes to "Danger" at friggin +2.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleCannon View Post
    Cost is 13500 per grind and uses 4 grinders not 3
    Adds ~2k to the attempt cost of each of those categories, which doesn't change all that much, all things considered. I'll update in a bit after this falz.

Edit: It is done!

That's what the math for 10* weapons is for! It's a lot more complete than this, as there are pretty good approximations for rates now.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    Also, I'm sure once 11*s become the norm, AC outfits are gonna go up in price because of that skip +7 item in the recycle shop.
    It'll have a lot more popularity than it does now, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    i still can't wrap it around my head as to why an item worth 40$ of AC scratch items doesn't even lock out the item grind going below +7
    That'd be too convenient, of course!
    Last edited by Walkure; Jun 25, 2013 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Added a hypothetical scenario