Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Build Help with TE/FO.

I have 2 Skill reset tickets so I can make a new build, so I wanna try something like...
    this?

http://tinyurl.com/po94d5w

Suggestions?

Don't waste points maxing the rare mastery

Then something like this then?

http://tinyurl.com/po94d5w

The 2nd build BTW.

FO/TE should almost always be used over TE/FO, as the weapon selection is superior. Also Rare Mastery should never be maxed; one point is good (for Force that is).

Also, for Force to be at it's best, you will need to have extra FO trees. Pure Fire, Pure Lightning (last 5 points can go in either PP Save or JA Adv; I maxed the latter) are the FO trees you want (Pure Ice can be made, but not much is weak to Ice). For TE, you want Pure Dark (last three points should either get PPC to six, or JR/EA/freebie) for hitting FC and Sanctum dragonkin, as well is maybe PP Battery for easier Fire tech spamming.

Also conside leveling Fighter to be used as a sub (enough to get JR and both Stances maxed (ignore the Crits though), as FO/FI actually hits harder than FO/TE, although it is easy to run out of PP with FO/FI.
    Last edited by D-Inferno; Jun 26, 2013 at 06:25 PM.

Actually PP Battery was EXACTLY what I was aiming for, thanks.

I'll just take some point from T-Atk 1 to put somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Impotent Symptom View Post
    I'll just take some point from T-Atk 1 to put somewhere else.
    I suggest not, as you lose +10 T-ATK (if you noticed, stat/% gains tend to increase on some skills when you go from 9 points -> 10 points as opposed to 2 points -> 3 points.

I'm going to ask this question: do you want your TE as main to use better wand to hit stuff with the gear between casting techniques or to mostly melee with a wand with technique to keep the gear up?

If the 1st, a breed and butter FO/TE build with wand gear should be a good start(be it a generalist single tree if no AC or single elements multiple tree). On that note, you only need shifta advance lv1 now for the gear, lv3 is to get wind mastery lv1.

For an actual wand wacking build, some peoples had better success with FI or HU as sub (more HU since it's update), but I would leave it to them to point out an actual build.

(And yes, 10* mastery at lv 0-1 only. It doesn't count to equip gears.)

The 1st, I like Wand Gear, and I'll probably swap to FO/TE once I get a Multi-Class Rod.

I have to ask the question first...why do you like Techer?

If you like Techer because you like to hit things with Wand Gear you need to Te/Hu.

If you like Techer because of its support, then run it as a sub to Fo.

If you just want to cast things and be awesome while doing it...you need to main Fo.

Choosing Te/Fo to do #3 is basically ignoring the fact that you're making yourself purposefully inferior (in some pretty noticeable ways).

That being said, if that's what you want to do, don't let anybody stop you. Generally Fo/Te (or in your case Te/Fo) can take advantage of Elemental Weak Hit in the techer tree, so you can have an even-ish spread to cover all your damage no matter the element, some elements getting more emphasis than others due to their frequency in the current meta-game (and for the foreseeable future as well).

Here's a tree with what I think spreads the points in the most effective way possible given the enemy line up we deal with today...

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...IkJ2qq5bIo0000

Certain points in there I just filled in because some of them are flex (like the extra points in wind mastery or ice mastery. pretty much the first point is the important one, and the other 2 you can throw wherever and it's no big deal). In the force tree fire and lightning are emphasized for obvious reasons. In the techer tree you get max EWH and pp convert for burst or nice lengthy periods of consistency while killing bosses or lesser bosses.
    Last edited by Zipzo; Jun 26, 2013 at 07:08 PM.

The main reason I like Techter is because of it's support, PP most, like I said before I will probably end up as a FO/TE in the end, with a Multi Class Wand if wanna use the gear or not.