Thread: BSOD on start

Exclamation BSOD on start

Hello guys, I have this terrible problem.
    Before this week maintenance, everything was fine, I was playing a bit everyday, smooth and sweet.
    But, after this week maintenance, and the regular "weekly update", my game stopped working, but not just that, it comes with a STOP type BSOD.
    I dont understand whats going on, other games run fine, programs CPU-heavy runs fine, everything is ok, but not this game ;_;

Here's how it happens: I start the launcher, the regular filecheck occurs (it last a few seconds, the progress bar appears, and dissappears, like always.)
    Then, on the launcher, where the main buttons are, I press the big Play button, like always, and then:
    Gameguard checks my pc (i think) for hacks, as usual...and the little PSO2 image stays there for a bit longer, dissappears, and before the black screen of "loading" appears, and then the Sega logos etc, it crashes with a BSOD.

What ive tried as of now:
    1.- Do a file check with the client
    2.- Do a file check with AIDA's tweaker
    3.- Move PSO2 folder (it worked las time i had a problem with the game, not updating correctly)
    4.- Update my video card drivers
    5.- Restore the system to the last day of play
    6.- Cry and get mad because my login stamp record is ruined, also, no FUN for 2 days right now...

Any ideas? if it's useful, my shitty system specs:
    Intel Core 2 duo @2GHz, 4GB of RAM, Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS (yes its a laptop, and yes i somehow run the game with a small resolution at 27FPS, with regular drops, but it's "stable"). I have a 300GB HDD, with 10GB of free space.

Help ;_;
    FOnewearl, since PSO

New info:
    During Safe Mode, I could analyze most of my apps, the only one giving me problems is pso2.exe
    I forgot to mention, I use Win Vista 64bit. This is the info of the error window in safe mode (in spanish, sorry about that)

Firma con problemas:
    Nombre del evento de problema: APPCRASH
    Nombre de la aplicación: pso2.exe
    Versión de la aplicación: 0.0.0.0
    Marca de tiempo de la aplicación: 51c0970f
    Nombre del módulo con errores: pso2.exe
    Versión del módulo con errores: 0.0.0.0
    Marca de tiempo del módulo con errores: 51c0970f
    Código de excepción: c0000005
    Desplazamiento de excepción: 0001ae19
    Versión del sistema operativo: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
    Id. de configuración regional: 2058
    Información adicional 1: fd00
    Información adicional 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
    Información adicional 3: fd00
    Información adicional 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Ill try to reinstall the game later on, currently downloading the client someone posted a few days ago (wich is ~12GB and is almost up to date [I think it's the last version of the game that i was able to play {before this week maintenance}])

EDIT: Reinstallation did nothing, BSOD still appearing...sigh I wonder what's wrong
    Last edited by Daveach; Jun 29, 2013 at 08:27 AM.
    FOnewearl, since PSO

Have you tried defragmenting your hard drive? Sometimes I'll get BSOD when starting up PSO2 but after a quick defrag everything's working fine.

Also, did your computer install any updates prior to you having issues?
    (Deleted)Rosalynn | 50 FI / 55 HU
    (Active) Yuika | 15 Br / 0 Hu
    Gungnir [Team Leader]

Update: after many days and nights of doing almost everything I was able to do, I just reformated my laptop. Now it has windows 8 and...well, no more bsod buuuuut...no GG present. I think there was a GG folder right? well it doesnt appear on the installation folder. So, the game cant launch, because GG isnt here. What can I do? (inb4 switch over to Win7...)

UPDATE2: Solved, GG magically appeared out of nowhere and everything is fine again :3 THE END
    Last edited by Daveach; Jul 2, 2013 at 12:03 AM.
    FOnewearl, since PSO

I just got hit with my first bsop playing this game. 80+ hours in without an issue and BAM! What is this black magic?

I get bsoded at random when starting PSO2, i just let it pass and go on reboot up PSO2 again since its bound to happen due to GG.

I had a BSOD on booting that I solved by refreshing Windows, but it is better to run system file check (run the command line as administrator, type SFC /scannow) and follow the directions when getting any major error, especially now that everything is hidden behind windows for plebians mode.