Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default DO NOT UPDATE TO WINDOWS 8.1 PREVIEW!

Today I've been updating PSO2 all day. Unfortunately for me... I updated to Windows 8.1 just yesterday. Performance on many games has improved but with one sad fault... Gameguard is NOT allowing me to play PSO2. I get a "Critical Process Died" BSOD everytime I try to run the game after Gameguard updates. The game worked just fine on Windows 8.

Short Version: If you enjoy playing PSO2 DO NOT UPDATE TO WINDOWS 8.1

why'd you upgrade to 8.1 in the first place? I would of thought people knew that it's beta, and it was prone to have errors and bugs. plus, there's been ton of news around it that it's quite broken, telling you that you should wait.

if you really want to play PSO2 i'd just downgrade back to my past OS. PSO2 works great on Win8 but 8.1 currently isn't meant to do much like play games and such related including when it comes to consumer previews.

8's preview wasn't that good either.
    shagia * ship 2 * tumblr

As right as you are... I had no issues with the Windows 8 Preview. I was able to play games and everything just fine. This is the first time that I've had any troubles but this is also the first time since my Ragnarok days that I've dealt with gameguard.

QueenBitchoftheUniverse NotRankin's Avatar

Gameguard/Hackshield/Etc games tend to have a million+ problems on Windows betas, also it's never usually a good idea to update unless you have another computer. Er...you also know that 8.1 Preview cannot be upgraded to 8.1 release without the loss of data right? Big reason I'm kinda avoiding it (Only testing it on one comp).

Why would anyone use Windows 8 anyway?

QueenBitchoftheUniverse NotRankin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Maku View Post
    Why not? It certainly not as bad as Vista was, I tend to have much better performance on my games on all my systems with it running. You hardly ever use metro interface for anything, the only reason I use it is to search for a program I installed. Not to mention it searches much faster than 7 ever did.

Honestly not sure why people are still bashing 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Maku View Post
    Damn, beat me to it.

But yeah, there's your problem. Windows 8, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NotRankin View Post
    Why not? It certainly not as bad as Vista was, I tend to have much better performance on my games on all my systems with it running. You hardly ever use metro interface for anything, the only reason I use it is to search for a program I installed. Not to mention it searches much faster than 7 ever did.

Metro

Quote Originally Posted by NotRankin View Post
    Because most of the things you use on Windows 8 can be done on Windows 7 anyway not needing for a upgrade, and why pay/use a third-party start menu when Windows 7 does that too

Windows 8 seems pointless to me, unless you somehow love using the new Metro Interface, which is god awful for desktops.

idk, i heard Win 8 will support the next generation of DirectX, while win 7 won't, not to mention Win 8s touchscreen support which is quite popular with people that are less tech savvy+^_^+
    i'm not too concerned, i just found a tiny slip of paper with an unused Win 7 pro and Win 8 pro retail key on it (forgot all about that paper, it was handed out for VMwares, but i wanted to use up other keys 1st)+^_^+ as for upgrading to 8.1 this winter, you shouldn't lose data or installs if you have everything backed up right+^_^+