Thread: Standing Snipe

Default Standing Snipe

Does this apply to Sneak Shooter PA? I ask because you're not standing still but you're still in the same spot...

If it doesn't then this skill seems kinda useless seeing as i'm always jumping when I use the launcher and stuff lol.

This applies to any r-dmg as long as you are standing completely still (this applies while in the air too). When you do, your next PA will gain standing snipe. So if you are running everywhere and you use sneak shot you will not gain standing snipe. However if you fire a normal attack and then use rodeo drive you gain standing snipe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.

So for example with launcher I jump straight into the air do a normal attack then followed by a JA Divine Launcher PA that PA will get the standing snipe bonus eventhough i'm not "standing"? That sounds pretty useful assuming I understood properly.

As for the sneak shooter part you confused me.

What if i'm just standing still I fire off a normal shot followed by sneak shooter will I get the Standing Snipe bonus?

Launchers take a while for a follow-up attack, so you won't get the SS Bonus while attacking in the air as you'll fall down slightly after an attack.

Basically, if you attack immediately while running, you won't get the SS Bonus. However, you can stand still and use an attack that doesn't move you and then you may follow it up with any attack to get the SS Bonus.

There are a few attacks that you can use in the air to get the SS Bonus. For example: timing 2 Addition Bullets, 2 Elder Rebellions, or 3 Satellite Aims in a row. The 1st attack of AB and ER allow you to stay still in the air long enough to be considering standing still. The 2 attacks of SA do the same.

Getting Standing Snipe Bonus on the ground when you just stopped moving with Ranged weapons:

Launcher: You can fire one normal shot and then use your PA to get the SS Bonus. It doesn't work when using a PA and then another due to the recoil of the Launcher PAs.

Rifle: You have time for two normal shots and then you can just keep using any PA that won't move you for constant SS Bonus. Do know when to move, though.

Gunslash: You've got time to fire 2 or 3 normal shots and then you use whatever Ranged PA for the SS Bonus. Remember, Addition Bullet makes you stomp forward, so you will lose your SS Bonus after one PA on the ground. That doesn't happen in the air, though.

Twin Machine Guns: Nope. Can't do it unless you chain Infinity Fire while standing still for the last few shots.

Ok thanks guys i'm starting to understand the skill a little better now.

Like with Sneak Shooter, you can run up fire to normal shots (while not moving) then JA into the SS PA to get the bonus.

However, belion, i'm having trouble getting the bonus in the air with AB using the Gun Slash.

Am i supposed to simply jump then do one AB (without a normal attack for a JA bonus) followed by a JAed AB?

Am i supposed to simply jump then do one AB (without a normal attack for a JA bonus) followed by a JAed AB?

^This if you jump then shoot you will fall negating the SS buff if you try to JA the AB after that normal shot. Simply jump then AB and you can JA the next AB from there.

Sig by Gama

Ah I see I just did it. The timing is strict tho! =P

One last question (the monsters weren't co-operating with me here) what if I jump then do a normal shot to get the JA on the first AB then time it correctly to stay "still" will my next AB get the standing snipe bonus?

If so this will be ideal since I can get the JA bonuses on the first AB then get the JA bonuses and the standing snipe bonus on the second and third and forth.

Yes, you can do that.

What matters is your physical location in space - not your animation or appearances.

Your character can flail around as wildly as it wants, but so long as it doesn't move forward, backward, up, down, left, or right between two attacks the second attack will get the bonus. Some attacks will have animations that continue during the JA circle in midair - if you use a JA'd attack you will not fall, and you will get the bonus.

So the way additional bullet ever so slightly moves you forward on the ground? That negates it. Using it in the air? You get the bonus. Some launcher shots push you back a tiny amount, meaning you don't get the bonus on the next attack. You get the idea.