Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

I played PSODC and what I remember most is being PKed when still on the ship when you normally couldn't attack anything. Also remember using the same account as my brother and both of us logging in at the same time from different locations and we'd both get mail when someone sent it to either of us. Was good times.

On GC version I did play in Antares a little. Best memory for GC was a bunch of us made a big fat RAmar named BIG MAMA!!! (might have had slightly different spelling) with purplenum ID and sat there spamming BIG MAMA!!! and following ppl around in our big purple photon chairs. Also used the mag guides in these forums a ton during GC and PSOBB as I was a huge mag breeder bag then. I used to make custom mags for people in exchange for rares.

Never got to play PSU online but I played the living crap out of it offline.

Played a bit on PSP2 and my brother helped me get ahold of PSP2:i and I liked those.

Recently was convinced to stop waiting for the ever delayed PSO2 U.S. release and started playing PSO2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeota View Post
    Given that it's been around a decade, time does play the meanest of tricks on one's brain.

I hung around with folks like Nova, Zio/Zuo, SNK, Jenstar, Layrinn, Vitamin D, Denshiko D8/9/whatever and a number of others.

I wonder what happened to a lot of these people. I know SNK is still on FFXI at least.
    Dammit I was checking my email and saw this thread buried in the middle of nowhere. I'm trying to keep myself hidden! Oh and hi guys and girls who remember my old ass.~
    <- This would be my avatar if someone learned to let people upload their own.

Retired PSO Gamecube Player.
    2nd NA HUcaseal to 200. 13th Lv.200 Player.
    Silver is exspensive. Chrome looks just as cool. ~Deadpool

I won the Nobel prize for texting while on duty Ithildin's Avatar

I played pso GC but I didn't stick to any one ship. I played since day one on GC but didn't join psow until late in the GC vers life. I still have friends who play pso and now pso2 that I have known since I started playing in 03.
    Click On Banner

Quote Originally Posted by S N K View Post
    Dammit I was checking my email and saw this thread buried in the middle of nowhere. I'm trying to keep myself hidden! Oh and hi guys and girls who remember my old ass.~
    Last time I spoke to you was over a decade ago, and yeah a lot of us remember you, man. I still have the L&K 14 Combats you gave me with godly hit %. I never got my hunter to level 200 but he's hovering around the mid 180s and I still occasionally load all that memory card data up. They're always in my weapon arsenal.

You remember that guy who dissed you by spamming that you needed to eat Altoids in the lobby or something? I can barely remember now.

Haha oh my god this thread is priceless. I'm on PSO2 now days.. hit me up if you ever want to play, the last time I replied to this thread they deleted my post and buried the thread again. Totally remember so many of you~ that's awesome.
    Last edited by Arwen_; Oct 27, 2015 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AzureBlaze View Post
    Don't discount us, some of us are still here.

I remember Anteres 8.
    But do you remember Miranda 7 ?

If you really want to know, I've got lots to tell about the DC and GC days that I remember. Fun stuff and good times all around. LOTS of interesting things happening and familiar names to say. I made a doujinshi of some of it for fun.

Vega was the new Oberon.
    Oberon was ship 1 of DCSPSO. It was also called Oberslum & GhettOberon. Someone was hacking or FSOD'ing it like every minute. PK funtimes because when you died you'd wepdrop and cashdrop. I carried on purpose a sword called "Heart/Breaker" (breaker sword with heart element on it) so that when I was killed, that's what they'd get instead of a rare.

Cheeaaaaaat needles!
    The best weapon was the Spread Needle. HU or RA could use it. People hax it so it would kill every monster in like 2 or 3 hits. It spread bullets all over the room. I had one, but used it responsibly in concert with my team of friends. RyLong! Jenase! Wish you were here. Other people would "tag up" with weak magic, then the spread holder would kill.

Miranda 7?
    Yes that was the battle mode ship. If you wanted to vs other people on "Rules" you went there. The Rules were numbered, and you didn't get to use your own items, mates, weps etc. You also were level reset to the same level and # of deaths determined wins. Everyone could trap, and selfkilling was a big deal. Performing "Standing Resta" for fleshies was a must. The arenas had different shapes/walls/etc with warps and crates for weapons. It was really very interesting and you couldn't cheat. The game names had abbreviations that were very specific. FO had to only fight FO, HU fought only HU and so on. "RU6 NOFO". BurgerDog, WWWWWWWWWW, Virus, Omni Slash, Naked Robber (not actually naked), XenorphaXero, Professor Frink, Hanus ***, Wanderer, SOURCE, Del-An, the names just go on and on. Who's left?

They raised BA to a HIGH ART.
    That Japan guy "ash" (with an afro) having like 2k wins. I had (I thinnnnnnnk) the 2nd highest win count of any HUcast (or other android...HUc stats were the tops in that day) of the entire era. You don't even know. There were people who use VCR to record session, then go over it with their PA. (Partner) Remember this was before like all cell phones and voice chats. This was DIAL UP and it worked. I dialed up.

But you want to know about GCPSO.
    Well it started out with no keyboard. You literally couldn't speak unless you used the super annoying onscreen kb. So some guys called The Pants Of Evil Gamers used a lab and invented a box that they sold the kit for. It would make a cheap walmarts kb work with your game cube. That was where I learned to solder circuits! They sold the kit over ebay. LOADS of early GC'ers had it. Later, a real KB was released.

The special quests were of course there...
    There wasn't the volume of content people expected like from PSU onward. The most memorable ones were of course, the 2 towers on Gal Da Val island, where they did that CALUS research. Going up the floors fighting the giant plants Gibbles (n bits) & Ill Gills. (Ill Gills as you know, returned in PSU)

"Carnage Island"
    THAT was a fun place. It wasn't really called that, but it was on a timed quest on Gal Da Val near the dam. Little square of metal land in the middle of the foggy swamp at night...would spawn like hella billion enemies just....constantly. It rained EXP. You could break the timer too, and just have a hell of a time on carnage island. I forget what the original name of the thing was.

Sinow Berrill too...best enemy for looks like...ever. (It was invisible like in the Predator way)

Chair racing & soccer lobbies
    NOL'ing (that was thankfully DC only)
    Going to the beach too, that one quest with no monsters in it, at night

Anyone remembers "Mamak.int" ?
    Website rivaled PSOW for news back in its day. Might of been based in south pacific somewhere?

As far as I know, most of the battlers went to Xbox PSU , Xbox mistreat it / sega screws it up so prob not much of them left. Like that there was a "memory leak" or somesuch on the machines enemies that it would freeze the xbox, MS made everyone pay more etc..

Battle died down on GC anyway, the new stats spoiled it for most everyone.

It is all very fascinating to think of, that there were these cultures, times, and literally places you could go.......that now no one can ever get to again. It might as well be another dimension. They exist now only as memories.
    Hey, Naked Robber here :3 I just started playing a few days ago because I had some time. Card ID is Naked Robber.

PSO?

When the game started I spent my time in Puck and Ophelia
    AS well as time on Eclipse and Io.

Back then there were North American, European, and Japanese Ships linked together. I absolutely loved the naming scheme of the ships back then. Of course i played GC, Xbox, and PSObb, but I didnt care about Antares because I hated the harassment and elitist attitude on the blocks.

If its one thing that does not change is that the people who represent this forum while online in the game as far as behavior and attitude go do a very poor job of it...and the impression many have is that this is an elitist forum lacking intelligence and making other Americans look bad in a foreign game.

Seriously,
    I have people on my friendlist who have told me that they they do their utmost to stay away from people in this forumboard or the forum itself, and that is due to the negative outlook this community has to the point while there are many threads that have actually helped people in this forum get into the game, the non-japanese community, and especially different groups of NA and EU players are utterly divided.

My opinion of this forum on a scale of 1 - 10, though I post here hovers around a high four. I have my past with people here. I come back from time to time wondering if the passage of time has changed people here, and while new faces come in and old ones leave, the attitude of people who represent this forum in-game remains unchanged and many people are hidden away from it.

I know forums that are far more active in other games in trying to create something fun and some measure of unity rather than spend their time on secondary and tertiary topics central to the game in-forum. Not to mention the forum-warriors that exist in all forums online related to gaming where some people COMMENT but never play.

Its not to say that all people are jerks here, but not all people here are friendly here and there is such an air of fear projected that TONS of people I know will READ this forum but never dare to even post in these forums.

So yes, these forums have not really changed much....
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"