Default Ever Wondered How Dex Works?

While I was looking around, I noticed that there is Dex research on one of the Japanese Wikis. And by looking at that data, it is easy to interpret the formula.

Basically, +5 Dex = +1 Average Damage. This applies to all types of damage, so 1 Dex is worth the same as 1 S Attack, 1 R Attack, and 1 T Attack combined.

However, there are two disadvantages to Dex: the first is that it caps at 90% of the weapon's damage. As a rule of thumb, you probably do not want the Dex on your Mag to exceed 20% of whatever your weakest weapon adds at the time. Second, Dex is generally not used to equip the best gear. Therefore raising the primary damage stat allows you to use better weapons which need higher Dex to stabilize the damage.

Of course, rare weapons change the minimum damage value, but the minimum damage of a non-rare seems locked at 50%. As such, you may want to keep Mag Dex between 10-20% of your weakest rare.
    Last edited by Pillan; Jul 2, 2013 at 08:50 AM.

And any time you crit, your Dex is irrelevant. Only your max damage matters in that case.

Course, the other way around is also true. A high Dex makes your crit rate almost meaningless.

I thought dex was damage you take.
    You Mirin bro?

Quote Originally Posted by xxmadplayerxx View Post
    I thought dex was damage you take.
    If your Dex is lower than the enemies, it does increase the enemy's average damage in a similar way. But it is nearly impossible to be at that point. Basically, the enemies need to be significantly higher level than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillan View Post
    If your Dex is lower than the enemies, it does increase the enemy's average damage in a similar way. But it is nearly impossible to be at that point. Basically, the enemies need to be significantly higher level than you.
    Understood ty
    You Mirin bro?