Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Temple drop issues-

Hi, I'm new to this forum, but have browsed it for many years while playing PSO.

I'm here to ask about an issue I've been having in the VR temple regarding drops.

I'm hunting a standstill shield (64 runs in) and was a bit puzzled by the lack of a Justy from Arlans. Looking at the official drop rate, it's 1/214 the same for Ob Lily, which I have received MANY Justys from.

I'm not so worried about the Standstill shield (should take about 100 runs on average, and I'm in this for the long haul) but I'm worried that this lack of Arlan rare (it HAS dropped normal items otherwise) is somehow indicative of a problem with the Merlan (and Del D) drop.

And no, I have not gotten a glitched mag or 20 stacked monomates. If this is just a big case of horrendous luck, then that's a relief... I guess.

Dreams of surfing rappies NegaTsukasa's Avatar

Chances are the odds are just against you right now.

Thanks for the reply. I just thought it was uncanny that none had been dropped so far, given all the Ob drops. I'll keep going today to see if my luck turns.

Edit: now at run 68. The past four laps did not yield any red boxes whatsoever, so taking a break.
    Last edited by Ripsnort; Jul 4, 2013 at 09:04 AM.

Sorry NVM, I shouldn't post when I just wake up. I was thinking of Spaceship, not Temple.
    Last edited by VioletSkye; Jul 4, 2013 at 01:57 PM.

Before that edit, does that effect both GC and BB?

Affects the Gamecube version for sure (even PSO+) but not sure about PSOBB. I can test it sometime today maybe to see if that's the case. BTW, for anyone wondering, basically some rooms of Spaceship have drops disabled and that was what I was originally posting lol.

After doing some checking through other threads, it looks like the issue was fixed in PSOBB.

Here was the initial post where I used to have the pics posted of the Spaceship areas. The images are long gone though lol.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77500
    Last edited by VioletSkye; Jul 4, 2013 at 02:36 PM.

Update: up to my 72nd run, no drops yet. The lack of an Arlan drop is a bit disconcerting... I have a hard time believing it's just luck at this point, though why would some random unreported glitch happen all of a sudden?

Just mentioning, I have gotten the Justy from a Mothvert- which is a 1/15__ drop rate or so, yet NO Arlan drop despite the rate. Though to be honest, I haven't gotten a Justy from an Ob Lily in a while either, and I know that they drop Justys reliably.

If there IS a glitch involved, I won't ever be able to tell, not until I get a drop from an Arlan, Del-D, or Merlan.

Dreams of surfing rappies NegaTsukasa's Avatar

So no drops what so ever? not even basic items? I'm not too educated on duping. But have you ever duped before? I think duping might do something to your game if I am not mistaken. But I have ran into a glitch similar to what you are speaking of before. it didn't go away till some time.
    I think after doing a quest or something it went back to normal.

Duping won't hurt your game unless you mess up during one of the duping processes and FSOD yoursef lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripsnort View Post
    Update: up to my 72nd run, no drops yet. The lack of an Arlan drop is a bit disconcerting... I have a hard time believing it's just luck at this point, though why would some random unreported glitch happen all of a sudden?

Just mentioning, I have gotten the Justy from a Mothvert- which is a 1/15__ drop rate or so, yet NO Arlan drop despite the rate. Though to be honest, I haven't gotten a Justy from an Ob Lily in a while either, and I know that they drop Justys reliably.

If there IS a glitch involved, I won't ever be able to tell, not until I get a drop from an Arlan, Del-D, or Merlan.

Its not just you, believe it or not 1/214 drop rate in percents is less then 0.1 so im not surprised you haven't seen one yet, even if you kill over 214 doesn't mean one will drop. I was farming something with a similar drop rate and it took me 600 kills to get it. Sometimes you get lucky and get a lot no problem and sometimes it takes AWHILE. Just don't worry about it